• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Mega Miles BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED!!

I tried to do the Rona offer today. They couldn’t figure out how to redeem cash miles. Despite Airmiles “Redeem Miles here!” Signs being all over the store and literally all over the desk. So frustrating. I would have much preferred to take my business to TimberMart. 🙄 never again.

I tried to do the Rona offer today. They couldn’t figure out how to redeem cash miles. Despite Airmiles “Redeem Miles here!” Signs being all over the store and literally all over the desk. So frustrating. I would have much preferred to take my business to TimberMart. 🙄 never again.
The store I visited only has one cash register that can do
Airmiles redemption or the customer service desk. When I told the first cashier I wanted to redeem Airmiles, I was sent to the customer service desk. Then the lady there asked me to go to another cash register to do it after I waited for 5 minutes as she was serving another customer. The store I visited is a small one. I am not sure if a bigger one would be better.

Airmiles redemption or the customer service desk. When I told the first cashier I wanted to redeem Airmiles, I was sent to the customer service desk. Then the lady there asked me to go to another cash register to do it after I waited for 5 minutes as she was serving another customer. The store I visited is a small one. I am not sure if a bigger one would be better.
Yeah, I suspect the same here.... but also, they’ve lost my business forever! So, it’s totally fine. I won’t bother my pretty little head on it anymore ;)

I'm super bummed......last night I ordered $200 worth of linens from The Bay and if they were still on AMS I might have been able to get DD's account to 5 offers. Isn't that just the way?

I did successfully do the Rona offer for both mine and DD's account. My account is now done with 5 and DD's will be at 3 tomorrow after I shop at Sobeys (and I won't mess it up this time).

I was debating getting a $150 Amazon gift card...if that would work for the AMS offer......I need to buy a home blood pressure monitor and the one I like from Amazon is $90. That still only gets DD's card to 4 offers though.

Looks like I am only going to do 3 this time around. If the Metro offer had been better it would have been enough to push me to maybe do another but I really try not to spend anything extra with these events and I would have to in order to reach 5. Oh well, better an extra 300 than nothing!

You must have gone to my Rona, that exact same thing happened to me on Sunday. There was yelling back and forth about why it wouldn't work then they got someone who said that it only works with 'that' register. Really? Only 'that' register? Why???

Looks like I am only going to do 3 this time around. If the Metro offer had been better it would have been enough to push me to maybe do another but I really try not to spend anything extra with these events and I would have to in order to reach 5. Oh well, better an extra 300 than nothing!

Same here. Just 3 for me. First time I haven't been able to meet the threshold. Without Global Pets, Metro and Rexall, it is very difficult.

I'm super bummed......last night I ordered $200 worth of linens from The Bay and if they were still on AMS I might have been able to get DD's account to 5 offers. Isn't that just the way?

I did successfully do the Rona offer for both mine and DD's account. My account is now done with 5 and DD's will be at 3 tomorrow after I shop at Sobeys (and I won't mess it up this time).

I was debating getting a $150 Amazon gift card...if that would work for the AMS offer......I need to buy a home blood pressure monitor and the one I like from Amazon is $90. That still only gets DD's card to 4 offers though.

For the Amazon, make sure you get a GC equivalent to 150$+taxes. You won’t be able to argue with them if they remove taxes to the amount for posting and giving the bonus (I had that issue with well.ca order with many items not taxable). For well.ca I was able to get my StB bonus and coupon counted because they were not excluded from the offer but the GC thing is a grey area and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t pass. I got 175$ and my MM bonus posted right away (I still haven’t purchased anything).

For the Amazon, make sure you get a GC equivalent to 150$+taxes. You won’t be able to argue with them if they remove taxes to the amount for posting and giving the bonus (I had that issue with well.ca order with many items not taxable). For well.ca I was able to get my StB bonus and coupon counted because they were not excluded from the offer but the GC thing is a grey area and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t pass. I got 175$ and my MM bonus posted right away (I still haven’t purchased anything).
Oh no... would this be the same with an indigo gift card order? :(

I was helping a friend and put in an order for a $20 gift card from Indigo from Airmilesshops as they had never ordered from there...

Last edited:
I think for Indigo it is not written on the Airmiles Shops website that GCs are excluded, unlike for Amazon. Therefore, make a print screen of the Indigo page on airmilesshop and argue to get the bonus and coupon counted if you have to.

Personally, I never received AMs when buying a GC on the Indigo website thru the portal but I know many did get some in the past. 🤷‍♀️

I think for Indigo it is not written on the Airmiles Shops website that GCs are excluded, unlike for Amazon. Therefore, make a print screen of the Indigo page on airmilesshop and argue to get the bonus and coupon counted if you have to.

Personally, I never received AMs when buying a GC on the Indigo website thru the portal but I know many did get some in the past. 🤷‍♀️
Ok got it. Thank you! I've never received AMs either for Indigo but when I do missing miles they've always given them to me no problem.

I have received air miles for buying gift cards at Indigo. I just don't seem to get them for purchasing books because they ship them in separate shipments.

Well, we are nearing the end of MM and I have not seen one of my bonus miles post yet...oh well, I have all my receipts at least! :)

I've done 4 offers (Shell, airmilesshops.ca, Thrifty Foods, and JiffyLube) is there anyone who might be able to help me with one last one?

Thanks!

I did 3 on my daughter's and 3 on my son's cards. I didn't think I would do his but we always need gas; Metro was super easy and cheap; plus I had to place an AliExpress order anyways (just cents over $20) and it wouldn't count towards mega miles if I did it on one of the other 3 cards as they already did it for this promo.

I need 1 more on mine to hit 5. But 2 more on my husband's card to hit 5... ugh. Not sure what I'll do

EDITED TO ADD: I did it! My husband was on the phone with a friend (playing Minecraft through their xboxes) and he said there was stuff he wanted at Foodland but didn't want to drive out there. So I did his shopping and used my husband's air miles card as offer #4! So I ended up purchasing 24 bottles of Smridoff Ice. It's a year's supply for me :rotfl:but I do love it and now I'm done. 5 on mine, 5 on hubby's, 3 each on the kids.

Well, I'm done. I'm heading out soon to get groceries at Foodland which will be my 5th. But my husband needs 2 more and there's just no way... If I hadn't messed up and forgotten about Rona that would have taken care of my 5th and his 4th, making Foodland his last. There's just nothing, inexpensive, I can do for 2 more on his card.

So, 5 on mine and 3 each on my husband's, daughter's, and son's.

Man I miss Rexall's.

Last edited:
Crap! I didn’t realize the rona offer ended! I did the Sobeys one on DH’s card today and Pharmasave on mine. I guess I will need to do either Lawton’s or pharmasave for his fifth offer and maybe Sobeys express/needs for mine.

Hey, I just wanted to report and give all of those whose Amazon orders split up - hope.

My $150 Amazon order (through AMS) split into 3, maybe 4 orders and separate packages. Just now I noticed Air Miles posted 3 separate entries. I received the 7 base miles (for $150+ order); 2 other miles (for what?); and the 50 mega miles. All went through as airmilesshops as the partner and Amazon.ca as the description.

I thought I would have to chase these down after the promotion. I'm happy I do not have to. Hopefully some of you will not have to either.

I'm still waiting for my staples, shell and BMO offers. Sigh. Sobeys posted (twice), and airmileshop for once wasn't an issue. I'm confident shell and BMO will eventually post, but I feel like staples is going to be a hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter