Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

Update on this issue: I went to my local Lawtons this afternoon because an item I had requested had arrived. While ringing through, I was, gasp! chatting with the employees (we all know that's been highlighted as a no-no during serious AM shopping!!). I was distracted enough that I too, handed over the coupon first, then my card!! Even though I knew better. When I finished and there was no "running total" toward my $95 spent, I realized my mistake and spoke up but... the employees said their system was all messed up today, but I was "assured" that it would have counted. they said it was just the "running tally" part of the system which was malfunctioning, not the AM part. So before you go spend another large amount, perhaps you can do like I'm going to... Spend something small soon, and see what the bottom of the receipt says... Possibly it will say you have the $41+ dollars toward your spend... I hope so, because my order was also $40.

OMG! I was wondering if there was a glitch on their end with that! Okay, I'm going to buy some gum and see what happens today!

Thanks for reporting back!

GREAT ... so the system was being a PIA this morning when i finally got my gift card ...this is why i HATE tackling the promos on the first day but i had no choice. I'm glad it worked for you and uber annoyed that this means I'll probably be chasing the total bonus down in 6 - 8 weeks. The miles were supposed to land in my cash account as well so i have enough to do one of those coupons. Really wish i could drink cause i could use a stiff one right now! I was looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow but Lowes just called and my stove will be here between 8 and 10 am :eek:

I have the same problem. Being from Montreal, our offers are nothing like the offers in Toronto. You guys can collect so many extra miles all year long. As my daughter is studying at U of T, I have recently supplied her with extra airmiles cards to shop for various family members. Well, as she is flying into Montreal today, I sent her on her first hunt to Sobeys Urban Fresh yesterday to buy four different GCs for four different airmiles cards. I will leave some for her for groceries but then use others at IGA here or Foodland just across the Ontario border. I told her the airmiles must show on the receipt. Of course they didn’t but cashier said it should be fine or come back. She believed the cashier and purchased for all four cards. She sent me pictures of the receipts. They say promo 30 so I hope all is good. If not guess she will have to go back next week. When should they normally post?

I also sent her to Sobeys. Those worked perfectly.

I’m in rural Ontario (west of Thunder Bay). We have three AM partners where I live and none of them have booklets yet. :sad2: Has anyone had success with offers loaded to their card or printed from the net?

It has been hit and miss for me using coupons on my phone and when the promo is this big & I don't like to overspend I prefer to print out the coupons. I've given detailed instructions on how to do this in post #3 on page 1. You might want to print out duplicates so you can staple coupon to your receipt after you've shopped!

Last edited:

I just might be able to get the 1000 AM after all...I thought being in Florida for 3 weeks would make it tough getting in enough offers, but I have 2 done already today - Sobey's gift card, & Shell - spend $10 in store. When we get back, I will buy our groceries at Foodland, with my Sobey's gift card, and then stop at Metro for the cash in 95 AM promo, then I just have one more to get...keeping my fingers crossed for another Rexall offer for mid April!!!!!
Have a blast and don't think about anything AM related while you're gone! I don't think Rexall will have any other offers -- they always have theirs in all of the booklets BUT I've added a list of people who are willing to help out others complete the promo to post #4

I've just spent some time going thru this thread and updating the first page. I've added information about printing coupons, using coupons multiple times, suggestions for minimal or no spend offers, started a list of people willing to help others complete the promo, updated the info regarding how coupons are appearing on receipts and brought the list of online store multiplier offer up to date. Glance thru them and see if there's anything that's new to you and let me know if there's anything i need to clarify or add. Happy hunting!

Last edited:

I bought one $150 Sobeys GC and got 210 AM - 150 for the MM coupon Plus 60 AM (personal offer of spend $125 get 60 AM). Not bad! So check the App for your offers!

Oh man! I didn't load my personal offers because I didn't want it to interfere with my Mega Miles promotion going through. After reading this I guess I should have. Way to go! Good score.:thumbsup2

Just wanted to add, I did the construction adhesive at Lowes. You don't need to use the coupon, just need to make sure you get the right product and it will show up on your receipt as Airmiles Promo 2. No AM showing on receipt but that is normal for Lowes. They should post within a few days.

I did my online order today with The Source and I have never had a problem with them posting the online offers so hope I didn't just jinx myself saying that. Yes I did buy printer ink but I had just bought my new printer last year and I expect it to last a while so don't see myself buying the fancy one you have @Donald - my hero. I do get a discount at the Source and batteries were on sale so I bought those and my printer inks and saved money on top of the sale prices.

I bought one $150 Sobeys GC and got 210 AM - 150 for the MM coupon Plus 60 AM (personal offer of spend $125 get 60 AM). Not bad! So check the App for your offers!
You were lucky with that as I have a loaded offer - spend $100 get 75miles and I didn't get that one. Just got the 150 miles for the gift card.

Just wanted to add, I did the construction adhesive at Lowes. You don't need to use the coupon, just need to make sure you get the right product and it will show up on your receipt as Airmiles Promo 2. No AM showing on receipt but that is normal for Lowes. They should post within a few days.
So I didn't even realize that Lowes and Rona had all those other offers. I just saw the 3 on the front page and never even noticed the arrow button until you posted this. I can do some of those other Lowes or Rona offers or my Sister can on her card. Thank you so much for posting this.

Hey, those of you who purchased the $75 gift card at Urban Fresh stores and it didn't show the miles on the receipt, where these cards by chance the "Raptors" Sobeys gift cards? Someone on RFD posted that his/her receipt didn't show the 75 miles. But when he/she tried the "Blue Jays" Sobeys gift cards they worked. The receipt showed the MM Spring 2019 and 75 miles.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone wanting to get the gift card still. Maybe try the Blue Jay one instead.

I have the same problem. Being from Montreal, our offers are nothing like the offers in Toronto. You guys can collect so many extra miles all year long. As my daughter is studying at U of T, I have recently supplied her with extra airmiles cards to shop for various family members. Well, as she is flying into Montreal today, I sent her on her first hunt to Sobeys Urban Fresh yesterday to buy four different GCs for four different airmiles cards. I will leave some for her for groceries but then use others at IGA here or Foodland just across the Ontario border. I told her the airmiles must show on the receipt. Of course they didn’t but cashier said it should be fine or come back. She believed the cashier and purchased for all four cards. She sent me pictures of the receipts. They say promo 30 so I hope all is good. If not guess she will have to go back next week. When should they normally post?

I also sent her to Sobeys. Those worked perfectly.

The points should post by Wednesday or Thursday next week (5 days from now). If not it might take an extra week beyond that something has gone wrong.

Hey, those of you who purchased the $75 gift card at Urban Fresh stores and it didn't show the miles on the receipt, where these cards by chance the "Raptors" Sobeys gift cards? Someone on RFD posted that his/her receipt didn't show the 75 miles. But when he/she tried the "Blue Jays" Sobeys gift cards they worked. The receipt showed the MM Spring 2019 and 75 miles.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for anyone wanting to get the gift card still. Maybe try the Blue Jay one instead.
I had no choice of gift card, they keep the Sobeys ones in a drawer by the till. I think it's just like every single other big promo, their stupid system doesn't load properly until several stores complain. When they have the gift card offers in the flyer, not connected to the big promos, it works seamlessly for me, you think I'd learn by now :P

I changed up my game plan today....
I went to Shell to do the sandwich deal and added Advil into the spend $10.00 requirement used my son's airmiles card,
Used my Sobeys G.C to buy $62.00 in groceries at Foodland--my sons refunded me the money, used son's airmiles card
Picked up a bottle of wine for end of school year gift,used son's airmiles card
So I will do Rexall on Monday March 25 and then wait for Metro April 11th to finish up his 5 partners.

EDIT: Rona April 4th instead of Metro.
Forgot I am away at a conference on April 11th
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I changed up my game plan today....
I went to Shell to do the sandwich deal and added Advil into the spend $10.00 requirement used my son's airmiles card,
Used my Sobeys G.C to buy $62.00 in groceries at Foodland--my sons refunded me the money, used son's airmiles card
Picked up a bottle of wine for end of school year gift,used son's airmiles card
So I will do Rexall on Monday March 25 and then wait for Metro April 11th to finish up his 5 partners.
Hugs
Mel
What a good Mom

Two done, Sobeys and Children's Place. Shell will be early next week. Rexall the week after, and I plan to use my BMO card to buy some Disney giftcards at Rexall which will cover the BMO. If things haven't posted in a timely manner I will do one more, maybe buy a Metro pizza or pet food at Global. Some how this seemed too easy...

Well, I managed to get 3 done today - Sobeys, Children's Place and Airmilesshops. I ordered $120 clothes for myself for my work uniform (dress clothes/suits) through Hudson's Bay on airmilesshops, I get 50% reimbursed through my work so it's a win-win for me.
And this was after I posted about how hard it would be for me to get the 5. I will use Shell next week and then I will see if I am in Winnipeg in the next couple of weeks I can use the Safeway offer, or just get a bottle of wine for the summer and use the Liquor Mart offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter