AKL Concierge

The only thing I'm thinking, is because Rich was in a non-smoking room, the balcony did not have the no smoking sign on the balcony (because the room is non-smoking, why would they need it?) I'm certain that there is still no smoking on the balcony... can you imagine people smoking on the balconies & then throwing the butts over to where the animals could get them?? I'm sure this could/would happen, not everyone is conscientous that way.... I think it's just a safety to animals issue....

"MS and CRO both told me on the phone that we could smoke on the balcony."

So Rich even though you KNEW that smoking wasn't allowed on the balconies, it was okay for you to do it because MS and CRO approved it?

Gotta love it!!

Do the concierge level rooms seem to be all booked?? I really am quite concerned about paying for concierge and then not getting a savannah view room.

Did you all request savannah view?

I was told by CRO that because I have asthma, I'll be guaranteed non smoking. I've read that the smoking rooms are mostly pool view. Do we know this to be a fact?

So Rich even though you KNEW that smoking wasn't allowed on the balconies, it was okay for you to do it because MS and CRO approved it?

You seem to be laboring under a misconception. Smoking IS permitted on the balconys. There is NO rule anywhere against it. There are no signs, there is nothing written, there is no rule against smoking on the balconys.

The only place that I ever saw anything about not smoking on the balconys is on this board. I am happy to report that those statements were in error, smoking is permitted on the balconys of non-smoking units, at least it certainly was in mine.

The thought that I would have to be choked on the stench of someone's cigarette smoke in a non smoking balcony, (that I would have requested for health reasons) is disgusting.

If you have to smoke why not reserve a smoking room? Why subject someone like me who will become ill at the smell of cigarettes to your smoke?

That seems totally unfair. I'm paying the same amount to enjoy my balcony. And someone whose smoke is blowing into my balcony, is depriving me of the pleasure of enjoying my savannah view.

I'm not saying don't smoke. Smoke if you must, but don't do it anywhere near a non-smoking person.

Here's the question of the day: If you are a smoker, why would you reserve a non-smoking room??

Id reserve a non smoking room because I plan on being quit by the time I get to WDW.

But then the fact that some people so vehemently oppose the idea of someone smoking in there vicinity in an area that clearly allows smoking makes me think I should wait until AFTER the trip to quit. :)

Look,

just my opinion, but whether it is allowed or not, doesn't make it right.

They told me that the only smoking optional rooms had pool views, they said that if I didn't mind smoking on the balcony, I should get the savannah view room.....just following Disney's instructions to the letter. I would have reserved a smoking room or actually gone down to the entrance, but you don't have to, smoking is permitted on the balcony.

I'm talking about consideration for other people.

If you are such a die-hard smoking advocate - why are you quiting?

Perhaps because it is not healthy??

Yes Im quiting because its bad for you. :)

Im not saying Im an advocate of smoking, but if a place allows public smoking, especially an outdoor place, why should the smoker be the one to move or leave?

Plus who knows which way the wind will blow on those nights. :P

Because it's the smoker that is jeopardizing the non-smokers health.

Good luck quitting.

Because it's the smoker that is jeopardizing the non-smokers health

Geeze...you are going to be at least 15 feet away on another balcony with wind blowing the smoke in all directions.

You make it sound like swarm of smokers is going to show up at your room, kick in the door, drag you into the bathroom and smoke a carton of smokes each with you locked in there with them.

I know its bad for you, blah blah blah, But at the radius we're talking here, I could say the same thing about your perfume or hairspray.

Thanks, mail me a congratulations card when I do quit :)

I can't wait for the day that all WDW resorts and balconys are "Non Smoking", and I thnk it will be here before long.
Smoker.gif
smash.gif

I completely agree ncligs. They should be non-smoking, enforced by WDW.

Or at least cram all the smoking rooms on the opposite side of the building then the non-smoking rooms. Then all you would have to worry about is the magic smoke drifting over the roof and comming down on you when your on your balcony !! :eek:

Don't wear perfume or hairspray.

And since you've never been choked by the smell of cigarettes, that is exactly how it feels.

Good luck, I will if you do.

Originally posted by DigitalDizzney

I know its bad for you, blah blah blah, But at the radius we're talking here, I could say the same thing about your perfume or hairspray.

When you walk into a restraunt they ask "smoking or non smoking", not perfume or non-perfume.They ask that for a reason. Smoking and second hand smoke IS hazardous to your health.
biglaugh.gif

I didnt mean you with the hairspray and perfume, I mean in general. Same goes for noise polution.

Anyways, I took my first Zyban today. So I shall be nice and quit by the time Im there and then I can be the one yelling at the prick on the balcony next to me to put out his smoke :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter