AKV owners tapestry

d-r

<font color=red>l|ll|||ll||ll||<font color=purple>
The form for the tapestry came in the mail today. It allows for one-line, 16-characters, including spaces. If I heard my wife right when she told me. Just a heads up to look for the mail.

I got mine yesterday and mailed it back today.

Its got a LOT of "disclaimer" info LOL!

Got ours today as well. The lawyers had a field day with the release :)

Darn it, my mail is SO slow! I like the number of spaces though. We have short names though so both my last name and my husband's last name will fit!

Got mine today!!!

But it was a little anti-climatic, no rendering or description about the tapestry.

16 spaces. Too bad the word 'Family' wasn't a given. That eats up 6 spaces :) Can't forget the space in between words either.

I must of missed something, tapestry? What are you guys talking about? Sounds exciting.

I must of missed something, tapestry? What are you guys talking about? Sounds exciting.

Those who purchased at least 150 points in AKV "soon enough" were designated as 'Founding Members.' We get to have our name on a tapestry that will hang somewhere at AKV.

Let me pull out my thing here with the restrictions and lawyer-ese. Let's see here. They can hang it where they want to. If it becomes torn, we can't require them to fix it. What else... Aww, there are a bunch of conditions, but it will hang somewhere at AKV...

Got ours in the mail today and as others have said, lots of lawyer talk.

Now we have to decide on the inscription. "The Page Family", "The Pages" I can't decide. What are you putting down? Any ideas?

You guys are making me turn into the green eyed monster!!;) We bought our points in April so we missed the deadline....I look forward to seeing it! Have fun!!

I don't know what to put down. I planned on putting Joe, Jamie, Roman, & Bryce Hall. That is way too many letters. Even if I leave out Hall it is still too long. Joe and Jamie Hall doesn't seem right, I want the kids on there. I guess I could just put The Hall Family, but there are so many Halls in the world.

when was the deal line for that? We signed up two weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing about that.

when was the deal line for that? We signed up two weeks ago, but haven't heard a thing about that.

I actually think (though I'm not sure) the deadline was BEFORE the point where points went on sale to the public...in other words, only existing DVC members, who bought prior to whatever that date was (mid Feb, I think??), would be eligible.

I actually think (though I'm not sure) the deadline was BEFORE the point where points went on sale to the public...in other words, only existing DVC members, who bought prior to whatever that date was (mid Feb, I think??), would be eligible.
Originally it was suppose to be only the first 150 members that purchased at least 150 points.
Because of some sort of typo, it was changed to anyone who purchased at least 150 points in February. :rolleyes:

MG

Originally it was suppose to be only the first 150 members that purchased at least 150 points.
Because of some sort of typo, it was changed to anyone who purchased at least 150 points in February. :rolleyes:

MG

And now because of the marketing ploy...er typo, there is only room for 16 spaces per membership to go on the Tapestry. We are really disappointted with the lack of spaces available for our family. We were so excited to be on the tapestry, including the kids. Now with it being so diluted, not such a big deal now.

I wonder if anyone actually knows how many "founding members" there are - I guess there are ways to look at how many contracts were sold in Feb but I'm not sure how to do that.

One could perhaps put something on it like...

'The Blank Home', where Blank is your family name, without the single quotes, of course. That way, the 'special' gift, which will also show that, would look decent in one's home. Tis just a thought.

I just received the form for the tapestry. I tried calling the number, but all I got is a voicemail. I was wondering if I could fit my name and my wife's name on it. Our names are so short it is less than 16 characters long. I didn't know if people are putting only their "family name" on the tapestry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter