AKV owners tapestry

I just received the form for the tapestry. I tried calling the number, but all I got is a voicemail. I was wondering if I could fit my name and my wife's name on it. Our names are so short it is less than 16 characters long. I didn't know if people are putting only their "family name" on the tapestry.
We're doing first initials and last names for DH and me: K Xxxx & D Xxxxx

We use exactly 16 spaces that way and both of our last names get used. This won't be fun for dual name couples when they have longer last names!

p.s. We got our paperwork for it today!

We got our paperwork today too! We'll probably put "The XXXX Family", but I do like wildernessDad's idea of using the word "home". I guess DH and I will just have to put the kids to bed early tonight and sit out on the front porch with some cold Coronas and talk about what we should put down. :cool1:

I was going to put "The Joixxx Family" however in reading the fine print the spaces between each word counts as one of the 16 spaces. SO it's either
"Joixxx Family" or "The Joixxxs".

Im going to have to come with another acryonym:goodvibes

DC3 Joxxxxx-Pxxx:thumbsup2

That's D for my husband, myself and both boys start with C (3) and both our last names.

I just hope we dont need a cherry picker and a telescope to find it!

And if I ever need an attorney, I want the guy that wrote the disclaimers!:lmao:

Yeah, I got mine. I was worried about this since my Guide was out the week I bought and I wasn't sure they recorded me as a Founding Member.

We got ours today also. I couldn't believe all the disclaimers - jeez are they sure they didn't forget anything LOL!
We were thinking of putting down "The Bxxxx Family" - but it won't fit. Not sure what we're going to do. Maybe "The Bxxxx's" Sixteen characters with spaces doesn't give us a whole lot of options. Wonder what our gift will be?
Do we send back the entire page or cut off the bottom 1/2 and just send that?

When I purchased 150 points in Febuary, my guide told me that I could place the first names and the last name of my family on the tapestry as a founding member household. This was an important incentive to buy 150 points instead of 100 points. Anybody else told this?

And now because of the marketing ploy...er typo, there is only room for 16 spaces per membership to go on the Tapestry. We are really disappointted with the lack of spaces available for our family. We were so excited to be on the tapestry, including the kids. Now with it being so diluted, not such a big deal now.

I totally agree. I don't really even care about it anymore. So what I read is, if they want to move it to some where else in the resort that would be fine and we can't complain. They could put it hidden in some corner. It will probably be FILLED with names and not in a list form. It will be almost impossible to find your name on it. I am pretty disappointed with that whole thing really. 16 letter including spaces. :confused3 Give me a break.

I've been playing around with various things to put down and just not having much luck; 16 spaces isn't enough to play with. Here's how quickly the numbers get used up:
Weaver's Dream Home (19)
Mike & Shar Weaver (17)
Weaver Family Dream (19)
Mike & Shar's Escape (20)
Weaver's 2nd Home (17)
And 3 that will actually fit:
M&S Weaver (10)
Weaver's Escape (15)
Weaver's Haven (15)

Don't know what I'm going to use, I'll have to think on it some more.

What or who is a sponsor? Are WE the sponsor? I am confused. I tried reading through the legal disclaimer, but it didn't help.

Why are there two spaces for sponsor?

Anyone notice there is a date we need to return by? I think that will cut down on many names, people who don't get the form in by the return date will miss out.

I wonder if you can put an email or web address:rotfl:

Is that covered under section I of "Da Rules"?:confused3

'Return By' date is August 10th.
Dh and I have decided on Weaver's Therapy. Hopefully that will be allowed.:)

The form for the tapestry came in the mail today. It allows for one-line, 16-characters, including spaces. If I heard my wife right when she told me. Just a heads up to look for the mail.

:wave:

Hi neighbor! I'm from Stockbridge.

We were thinking of putting down "The Bxxxx Family" - but it won't fit. Not sure what we're going to do. Maybe "The Bxxxx's" Sixteen characters with spaces doesn't give us a whole lot of options. Wonder what our gift will be?

"The Bxxxx Family" - I counted 16 characters with spaces. So that should be fine. Your last name has 5 letters? We were thinking about putting something like this too, but with so many bright ideas here, we're rethinking ours now.

"The Bxxxx Family" - I counted 16 characters with spaces. So that should be fine. Your last name has 5 letters? We were thinking about putting something like this too, but with so many bright ideas here, we're rethinking ours now.

Actually, we have 7 characters in our last name. I messed up when I typed out the xx's. Thanks for the help though!
Since then, we are trying to get a little more creative. This is making it harder for us to agree, but we're having fun anyway. We need to decide soon.:hourglass Good luck!

I left a message on the voice mail over the weekend, but no one called me back. Anyone get called back yet? Any answers to the questions on this thread?:confused:

I left a message on the voice mail over the weekend, but no one called me back. Anyone get called back yet? Any answers to the questions on this thread?:confused:

I left a message as well, on Sunday, and no return call yet. Though I am beginning to believe there will not be a return call.:confused3

Has anyone received a return call yet? I'm still waiting. I wonder what would happen if I put more than 16 characters on the line and sent it in without a return call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter