Am I crazy?

P

PixieBelle

Ok, am I crazy or do anyone of you do this:

I went to Wal-Mart today and bought shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hair spray, mousse, hubby's shaving items, make-up and other toiletries. Sound normal? Sure...BUT I ALREADY HAVE ALL THIS STUFF.....I just bought one more of each thing that we use so I can go ahead and pack!!!!!!!!!!!!That way, I pack our clothes, and then get up that morning, dress and go w/out having to wait to pack this, wait to pack that....it is already done!

And we dont leave for 20 days!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

So, uh, do ya think IM LOONEY??????? LOL

:crazy:

Nope, not crazy. practical. Have you ever observed folks who keep unzipping their suitcases to put one more thing in? And , then when they arrive at their destination, they still forgot something. On my shorter trips, I stock up on the sample sizes of toiletries. That way, I can ditch them when the trip is over. And, all the "stuff" I use at home, stays right where it is, at home.

ahem :o I did the same thing. Only I did it in Sept for Jan trip. :D I also bought second bottles of tylenol, gravol, all the things for a spare first aid kit. NO! You're not crazy!! You belong to a very elite group of us organized people :D

:)

Well, I went ahead and packed one of my bags yesterday!!! My personal hygiene things. OH IM SO READY. I have made a list of what clothes to pack, and tonite I will make a list of things that need to be done before I leave!! :)

See, IM NOT CRAZY!!!!! lol

My family and friends have always laughed at me for starting to pack a whole month in advance of our disney vacation.
PixieBelle- I also pack all new stuff way before we go because I know that I would forget something otherwise and also because I just get so excited that I absolutely cannot wait!
Before reading these boards I thought that I was the only one who was this crazy:D - it is so nice to know that I'm not alone!

What is it about a Disney Vacation that gets us so worked up? Hate to admit it, but I spend way too much time planning, anticipating, researching, PACKING, etc. too!

I know it will be a great time - I guess all the planning helps make for a better vacation.

If you're crazy, you've got company.

Once you get the bug, it's all over, ain't it?:D :bounce: :bounce:

I do exactly the same thing. It is the act of packing that actually makes the upcoming vacation seem somehow "closer". I buy new stuff, duplicates, and have a travel kit of typical first aid stuff that all get packed WAY In advance. :)

Half the fun is the planning and getting ready part. :)

Well PixieBelle I guess we're both looney then! I do the same thing. That way there is less chance on forgetting putting things in your suitcase at the last minute and it's fun to buy all that stuff in advance and thinking to yourself "This is for my trip to Disney World"!!!!

:) @ all my looney Dis friends! Aint it grand to be crazy over something so magical!

My hubby laughs at me, and tells me I need to take something for my "overly excited Disney nature" ! LOL

I do the same thing, I thought that was the right way to do it.............IT WORKS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:) I always have a large travel kit stored in our linen closet that has duplicates of every thing we use, in a travel size of course! From meds, to disposable razors, to lotions from Bath & Body.
But I never thought about make-up duplicates! I LIKE this idea!! That is usually the only thing that keeps me from zipping up that last suitcase the night before!!
I have struck gold!!! Note to self....go buy more make-up...today!

Yea for you Bunchkin!

Make up is always my packing nemesis! And hubbys razors and shaving cream, so I just double that too! It is so much easier! And you know the makeup wont go to waste, cause we will just use it up when we run out of the first supply!

Also, get a double supply of toothbrushes! That is something I always seem to forget to pack when we are in a hurry, that is one of those last-minute-gotta pack-before we go-items.
Just get some more and go on and pack them!! :)

PixieBelle,

I just bought a MEGA pack of Oral B toothbrushes at Sam's Club!! :D
Great minds think alike!!;)

You guys may be nuts, But I'm right there with you. I have never been to WDw but I bought extras of all my stuff and keep it in my travel kit for when I travel to BF's which is 5 hrs away. I mean walmart a short drive but the pain in rear of having to drive even more after 5 hrs has cured me of last minute packing. I love the idea and you can bet I'll be packed for WDW.

You go Bunchkin! Love the toothbrush purchase! And keep the extras for the next trip! LOL

YEA FOR BUNCHKIN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

I have been fighting the urge ALL DAY LONG! We leave in 18 days and last year I had our suitcases packed 2 months early! My hubby said not this year - he doesnt want to "trip"over the suitcases - ugh! I think I may try to sneak. I just can't take it anymore.
:) Kerry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter