An Actor that was perectly cast

Gable didn't want the role, he worried that he wouldn't be able to do justice to the image the readers of the popular novel had of Rhett in their heads. How Crazy is that???
I know crazy right. It's like she wrote the character with him in her head.

The ENTIRE cast of Downton Abbey - especially Maggie Smith

View attachment 599933
Maggie Smith was my hero in that show. I want to be her when I get older.

Harrison Ford.....in almost everything!

I will see your WORKING GIRL AND

and raise you with Mosquito coast, Crossing over and paranoia

of course this is a friendly gesture as the following info belowis the one movie I would choose to watch over and over and over if i only had to watch one move

Surprised to see this cult classic on our list? Don’t be. Although it’s now considered a cinematic gem, the original 1982 release of Blade Runner actually bombed at the box office thanks to stiff competition from competing films like E.T. The movie cost US$28 million, and it only just broke even during its original run.

sure...other actors could have done the role....but i LOVE the voice over

SEAN YOUNG....an unkown actress (stripes?) was a perfect cast....the only poster of a woman I put on the wall

I just read a little blurb about him being a consultant and then being cast in the part, and that he improvised many of his lines. I was thinking of that when I saw this thread topic.

Lee Ermey did non-military roles too, like in Seven where he played a police Captain. It was really odd because he was understated in that role and didn't do any yelling at the top of his lungs.

Another consultant who ended up in a lot of movie was Dale Dye. He was a Marine, but he's ended up doing a lot of roles including as an Army officer in Platoon and a Navy Captain in Under Siege.

Another consultant who ended up in a lot of movie was Dale Dye. He was a Marine, but he's ended up doing a lot of roles including as an Army officer in Platoon and a Navy Captain in Under Siege.
was he the one at the end of the movie who tells the remaining ranking solider that he was in charge....the actor who went on to be a comedian. ???

I have always thought there should be an Oscar/Emmy strictly for casting directors.

I could not see any other actor in these roles -

Bill Murray - Lost in Translation

McLovin - Superbad

Michael J. Fox - Alex P. Keaton - Family Ties

Laurence Fishburne - Boyz n the Hood

The entire ****ing cast of Six Feet Under; Mad Men; The Affair and Rescue Me. Sometimes casting is pure magic for a show.

Armand Assante, even though he is not hispanic - The Mambo Kings.

Rosie Perez - Fearless

Natalie Portman - Beautiful Girls

Carroll O'Connor - All in the Family

Jean Stapleton - All in the Family

Brad Pitt - Thelma and Louise

Rachel McAdams - Mean Girls

Yvonne Strahovski - Serena Waterford - The Handmaid's Tale

Samuel L. Jackson - Jungle Fever - Gator was perfection

Margaret Avery (Shug) - The Color Purple

Mandy Patinkin - The Princess Bride

And I would add Mike Myers Austin Powers/Dr. Evil and Denis Leary's Tommy Gavin in Rescue Me. But they cast themselves. :laughing:

Bela Lugosi--Dracula

I know this version was much maligned but I loved Gary Oldman in the role.

Last edited:
I agree that Marvel had a great cast. More comics roles come to mind…

J.K. Simmons as J Jonah Jameson in Spider- Man

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn

Brendan Fraser in The Mummy series (edit: not comics but had to be mentioned first after I thought of Doom Patrol) and as Cliff Steele in Doom Patrol

Edit: Michael Keaton had some comics roles but who else could play Beetlejuice?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter