Animal Kingdom/DTD Photo Ops/Mini Golf Sketch Swap~FULL and ACTIVE

Dang, that snow has Cheryl on the ball! LOL

I hope to pick background papers from my bazzil swatches tonight/tomorrow.. depends if I have to throttle some of the men in this house!!!!

Uh-oh Nan that doesn't sound good! Tell those men to be nice to you ;)

Okay, I made it for Round 2:

My picks out of the remaining ones are:
1. Oasis
2. Shopping
3. Holiday Characters

I can combine Oasis and the Woodcarvings if you want both (one page for one and one for the other?) Just a thought!

Lori

Sorry, had to go to a meeting with the attorney at the IL's, MIL is not doing well and we're behind on getting stuff taken care of.

I love the idea of Oasis and Woodcarvings combined. How does everyone feel?

Let me ask another question. I've found a great site with two page layouts. Problem is that a lot of the sketches show pictures being cut and split at the center of the layouts. Does my explanation make sense? Does anyone have opinions one way or another about using this type of sketch?

The left hand page may contain 3/4 of the mat for the picture and the right hand side may contain the other 1/4. Does anyone scrap like that? I know I've done it in my personal books, but not for a page swap.

Please give me your opinion, ladies.

Will it cause a problem since we are only glueing down one side and letting the other for the discretion of the receiver? If I cut a mat to be used split down the center of the layout, the mat will have to be used in that direction only. Is that a problem for anyone?

Maybe I should just find another layout to use.

Personally, I don't like this. The sketch I used for Frontierland had that,

Frontierland.jpg

I decided to just remove the middle photo mat entirely because I didn't want to have to cut a photo in half! If there are two 4x6 mats (or can be adapted to 4x6) I would prefer not to include that "cut in half" one.

Sketches are picked and paper has been ordered :)

Can you pick some sketches for me and just tell me what I need to order? :lmao:

Oasis and Woodcarvings combined is good for me.

Jennifer, my groups are good. Now to pick sketches and round up papers.:)

Oasis and Woodcarvings combined is good for me.

Jennifer, my groups are good. Now to pick sketches and round up papers.:)

Thanks, Cassey!

I've listed everyone on the first page by groups of 2 so that I will have room to add plenty of links to each post. Please verify that I have you in the right spots. Thank you all for joining and for making sign-ups so smooth. I appreciate your patience while I worked with many windows!

My choices look good. It was a fun morning for me!! Thanks Jen!

Oasis and Woodcarving together is fine with me!

My groups look good. Thanks for all your hard work today Jen :)

I have a few questions, but I think anyone can answer.

1. Can we "stretch" a single page layout we love or mirror it to make it a 2 page sketch?
2. Should we stick to titles as listed? For example, do you want my title to say "Shopping" ?
3. Can we use a different site for a sketch. There is one I love at http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/bonus-sketches

I think that's it! If I can do the paper piecing I want to do for Kali River Rapids, it will be smooth sailing from there!

1. Can we "stretch" a single page layout we love or mirror it to make it a 2 page sketch? Yes, last time we could do this... :)
2. Should we stick to titles as listed? For example, do you want my title to say "Shopping" ? I don't think the title has to be list specific but the request was that we could tell what it was supposed to be.. Like Mad Tea Party last round, Jennifer used at title of "Spin Cycle".. for Swiss Family Treehouse, I used the title "Treehouse Views".
3. Can we use a different site for a sketch. There is one I love at http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/bonus-sketches I believe the links Jennifer posted are to help us find them if we don't have a favorite site to use... It's more of a collection we can all utilize anytime! ;)

I think that's it! If I can do the paper piecing I want to do for Kali River Rapids, it will be smooth sailing from there!

I hope that helps... If I'm wrong, Jennifer will let us know... :)

How about I do a compromise for the layouts. I will include both pieces for the photo mat that spans both pages but I will not adhere them to either page. For those who have pics that will work and don't mind the split....they can easily adhere them. For those who prefer not to use them, they can toss them in the trash. Will that work?

I'm okay with that if the hostess says OK.

I wouldn't trash the piece, I'd repurpose it!! Extra journaling, extra embellishment... :)

1. Can we "stretch" a single page layout we love or mirror it to make it a 2 page sketch?
2. Should we stick to titles as listed? For example, do you want my title to say "Shopping" ?
3. Can we use a different site for a sketch. There is one I love at http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/bonus-sketches

Absolutely, feel free to use a one-pager. Here's a link to the MK swap that shows some of the pages made, along with their 'inspirational' sketches. MK Sketch Swap.

As long as you can tell what the topic is, you can title it anything. Again, see the swap, it'll help :)

Those sketch sites were the ones I had found, I'll add this to the list, feel free to post anymore you have!

I hope that helps... If I'm wrong, Jennifer will let us know... :)

Thanks for answering, Nancy!

How about I do a compromise for the layouts. I will include both pieces for the photo mat that spans both pages but I will not adhere them to either page. For those who have pics that will work and don't mind the split....they can easily adhere them. For those who prefer not to use them, they can toss them in the trash. Will that work?

You're an excellent compromiser :)

Nan, did you make your own Bazzill swatches or is there somewhere I can get some? I order paper and its never the color I think I'm getting. Don't know if its my monitor or if I'm just bad at guessing when I don't have something in front of me. :rotfl2:

And Jen - That's genius at work. ;)

Danielle,

You can order them... (or you used too)..

However, a few years ago we did a swatch swap here on the boards... We divided up the list and cut them down and labeled them... so I have mine in a recipe box...
I still have issue w/ them not being the color the swatch is... LOL....
I need to create a swatch set for J's coredinations... :)

I find that one dye lot of Core'Dinations doesn't necessarily match the next. There are some colors that are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different the second time I buy them.

I definitely agree with that Jennifer....
I always by in even numbers just in case I have a 2 page LO and only have 1 page and go to town and the color is off when I get the needed page... I hate when that happens!!!

Oh, poo. That won't work. Think I'm going to have to stick with Bazzill, since the nearest Joann's is almost an hour away and its a really tiny store. Would hate to go that far and not find what I'm looking for.

Gotta keep my eyes peeled for a Bazzill sale somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter