Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

This might be the first we’ve heard of how they are handling CL bookings during the closure period. I confess, I do have multiple horses on this race, but I am very interested in your experience here. Am I understanding correctly that you had a CL stay booked, the resort was flat-out closed, and they moved you to another resort (Kidani?) at a higher price than you paid per night for Club Level?
We had a club level stay for the closed period. MS called and explained that Jambo was not opening at this time so they were calling to help us relocate. She said "you had Jambo club level booked for xxx pts and we have (insert any resort name) available for yyy pts or I could look at another resort".

We had a club level stay for the closed period. MS called and explained that Jambo was not opening at this time so they were calling to help us relocate. She said "you had Jambo club level booked for xxx pts and we have (insert any resort name) available for yyy pts or I could look at another resort".
Wow. Well, I do hope that it was resolved to your satisfaction, though that seems somewhat galling, to be honest. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting what they offered you.

Wow. Well, I do hope that it was resolved to your satisfaction, though that seems somewhat galling, to be honest. Perhaps I’m misinterpreting what they offered you.
Nope, I think you are interpreting it correctly lol. We were/are a little miffed at the whole situation, losing the hard to book club level stings. Then reading about cash guests being upgraded to DVC in one,two and even to grand villas from value and mod resorts does not makes a member feel too appreciated. I was probably too nice on the phone as I was caught off guard when I answered and with what was being offered.

May I ask the dates of your reservation?

Nope, I think you are interpreting it correctly lol. We were/are a little miffed at the whole situation, losing the hard to book club level stings. Then reading about cash guests being upgraded to DVC in one,two and even to grand villas from value and mod resorts does not makes a member feel too appreciated. I was probably too nice on the phone as I was caught off guard when I answered and with what was being offered.

I think right now Disney has shut down CL services and it sounds like DVC doesn’t have a way to offer.

It also sounds like moves to DVC now that some WDW resorts are open will not be done like before.

DVC CL guests have been told that the lounge will be open when Jambo opens on the July 11th. That was the info as of today and I think confirmed by a supervisor.

I don't know what they'll say tomorrow.

If I had gotten a CL villa there and lost it with this circus I would be beyond pissed too. But who knows whether or not CL is going to be offered anywhere, I have no idea. The status of CL could change daily.

Now that they are saying Jambo is opening July 10, will the pool and restaurants there be open as well? Anyone know?

Now that they are saying Jambo is opening July 10, will the pool and restaurants there be open as well? Anyone know?
Just the villas so far, so not the hotel side. The booking tool says restaurants and Merch may not be open. Silent about pool. That will be a lot of people overloading Kidani if they don’t do something.

Never having stayed at Kidani, I am wondering what I will be moved to with a 1 bedroom Value booked at Jambo. Any ideas on the worst case reservation I would get at Kidani? How about best? I rented points from a 3rd party and have yet to hear anything for a June 28th reservation.

Never having stayed at Kidani, I am wondering what I will be moved to with a 1 bedroom Value booked at Jambo. Any ideas on the worst case reservation I would get at Kidani? How about best? I rented points from a 3rd party and have yet to hear anything for a June 28th reservation.

Kidani has standard and savannah views. I think someone else said they were moved from their Value to standard view.

If they have it available, you would probably get a one bedroom standard view. I haven’t stayed at Kidani, but my understanding is that the rooms are nicer than Jambo except for the three bedrooms.

Do you know what their standard rooms look out at? Is it the parking lot?

There are a few that are partial savannah views - those are on around the area where the Pembe savannah ends and there is a fence separating it from the pool. I had one of those several years ago. Some have a bit of a pool view - really it's more of the buildings around the pool because of the placement of the pool. The rest overlook the front of the building and some will be looking at the small uncovered parking lot.

Last edited:
The information on pools during reopening said that feature pools may have posted hours, but that quiet pools would be open 24 hours. Since Kidani doesn’t have a quiet pool do you think Samawati will be open 24 hours?

The information on pools during reopening said that feature pools may have posted hours, but that quiet pools would be open 24 hours. Since Kidani doesn’t have a quiet pool do you think Samawati will be open 24 hours?

Kidani opened today, maybe someone will report in.

DVC CL guests have been told that the lounge will be open when Jambo opens on the July 11th. That was the info as of today and I think confirmed by a supervisor.

I don't know what they'll say tomorrow.
I asked today as well when I called MS for help with the park reservation debacle and was told that CL was not running until the end of the year. Not that I believe that either, but the idea of cast member roulette has never been more solid as it has these past few weeks.

Has anyone asked recently about what will be open at Jambo on July 10? I can't imagine opening all the Jambo DVC rooms and only having restaurants at Kidani. And you would think they need all the pools for social distancing, especially since park hours are very limited.

Got my phone call this morning for Jambo Value 2 BR 6/28-7/2. We were moved to Kidani with them “gifting” the additional points.
@HomerHog - did they offer you Standard or Savanna? I'll be in the same situation with a Value reservation and wondering what to expect.

Has anyone asked recently about what will be open at Jambo on July 10? I can't imagine opening all the Jambo DVC rooms and only having restaurants at Kidani. And you would think they need all the pools for social distancing, especially since park hours are very limited.

Website says they won’t be and Disney just released restaurants the other day and nothin g at Jambo was listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter