Annual Pass - Buy 1 Year / Get 1 Year Free

All Existing Annual Passholders-

I've just called the Annual Passholder phone number listed on the back of the Annual Passholder sleeve 3 times, and have gotton the same answer from all three agents: If you elect to NOT activate your voucher until your POST September 30 arrival; your new Annual Pass will expire on 09/30/05.
If you activate it PRIOR to September 30, your Annual Pass will expire 2 years from THAT date.

I hope that this helps- however; as I am a current Annual Passholder who renewed last week, this is the information that I am getting from the UO Annual Passholder Hotline.

We received our vouchers in the mail today, and they do say "Buy 1 year / Get 1 year Free" on the back of them.

Wish me luck!! :wave:

I got the same info most everyone else is stating. Since we wont be there till after Sept 30th, I wanted to make sure as well that I could still use this offer. Like *Flower*, we are AP holders and this is a renewal for us (not that it should matter). I was given the exact info that *Flower* was. Hope it works out for everyone!

I've called two more times (I really want this deal) and each person is still telling me, "you must use it on or before September 30 to get the second year free." Man, I wish I could get one of them to tell me what I want to hear!! ;)
I'm not renewing a pass so I wonder if that is making a difference?

We visited in June and our AP's expired the day after we left Florida. We are going back next year (04) and in 2005. Last week I called to renew our expired passes. (you have 30 days from date of exp. to renew) and was asked did I want to take advantage of the 2 year deal. I was also told by the renewal staff that if I did not activate the pass it would be activated and expire in Sep 2005.
Well I did the math and found that since we go in June every year, If I paid $189 for the 2 year deal I could use the pass in June 2004 and June 2005 before it expired in September 2005.

If I renewed for $99 I could activate my renewal in June 2004 and it wouldnt expire until June 2005. Basically allowing me to visit both years on the same pass.

So I would only get the benefit of 3 addititonal months if I used the B1G1 deal and it would cost me $89 bucks.

I can then renew in June of 2005 activate the AP in June of 2006 and use the pass again in June of 2007 for a little bit more than the B1G1 offer.

So remember that AP's can be renewed 30 days after they expire, and the renewal does not start until you activate the AP at the park. This may be a better option for some.

Hi Everyone. I have been reading the boards for a few weeks now, and they've been a great help. So, in case this helps anyone...

I am taking my girlfriend down to Universal on Sept. 20, but the BK coupon expires on Sept. 15. I had bought 5-day online bonus passes in May, and arranged for an ceTicket (electronic will call) for the bonus passes. Once the BK B1G1 year coupon came out and I got the 13-digit code, I wanted to upgrade. I called customer service on (321) 249-0110, and they said I should purchase the B1G1 Year passes online, and then send them an e-mail letting them know to cancel my original confirmation # from my 5-day bonus passes and to keep my confirmation for my B1G1 free annual passes.

I don't know if they allowed this since we are spending more money, but I thought it may help some who may have been in a similar predicament.

Just got word from my girlfriend that US would not honor the 2nd year free coupon for her. I bought two annual passes ($169 ea) online back in February. They weren't activated until July 14. When she tried to get the 2nd year free deal, they said that the passes had to have been purchased within the last 30 days.

Originally posted by DanB
Just got word from my girlfriend that US would not honor the 2nd year free coupon for her. I bought two annual passes ($169 ea) online back in February. They weren't activated until July 14. When she tried to get the 2nd year free deal, they said that the passes had to have been purchased within the last 30 days.

I called them on this & they said as long as I didn't activate them (mine were renewals) I could upgrade at the park with the coupon & adding the difference in price. My renewal was $99. I emailed them to confirm it in writing. They emailed me back the same info.... I can upgrade. I printed it out & intend on bringing it with me!!! I hope they don't pull that on me!!! I will be one very unhappy guest.

Called Annual Pass hotline (800.564.5764). They said that the 2-for-1 deal does apply for us (purchased in February but not activated) but they don't know if anything can be done to correct the mistake (short of going back down before the expiration date).

arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!

Called Annual Pass hotline (800.564.5764). They said that the 2-for-1 deal does apply for us (purchased in February but not activated) but they don't know if anything can be done to correct the mistake (short of going back down before the expiration date).

arrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!

If it is an error on Universal's part....I would think that they SHOULD be able to do something for you thru the mail. I would call them back and ask them again! I would ask over & over again! Ask them if you sent back your tickets (return rec'pt requested) if they would send you new ones that say 2nd yr free on them!! Then just get your pic's redone when you get there next. I would also write an email, along with an old fashioned letter to Guest Communications or something... I would be very upset if I were you. You are talking a large amount of money $169 + tax times 3....all because of an error on Universal's part....sorry for ranting & raving.....

Thanks for the concern. Believe me, I'm not just going to let it go. I'm in contact with a person at the Annual Pass office (emailed them a doc with the details, receipts, copy of BK coupon and copies of original passes).

I'm also going to send the same document to them via US mail so I have proof that they were notified before the deadline expired. I'll probably send a copy to Guest Services as well.

I'll keep your idea of sending the passes back to have new ones issued as an option to discuss with them also.

Good Luck and let us know how you made out... I leave in a few days. I will not have access to a computer, when I return home, I will post my experience with getting mine......

If anyone can mail me a BK coupon, please let me know. We have passes we bought earlier in the year but have not yet activated. We are going to try to upgrade (or change) to the 2-year deal when we go in August, but we will need the coupon for sure.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Hey all - I picked up a bunch of these coupons at my BK today - if anyone is in need, send me a self addressed, stamped envelope & I will gladly mail them out to you. I have LOTS !!!

PM me & I will PM you back my address (so as not to have it splashed across the boards :))

Hope this helps some of you :)

I just got back from UO yesterday. For those who purchased the 2 for 1 AP online, I wanted to let you know know that you DO NOT need to bring a BK coupon to activate your pass. I did not bring one, and was never asked. When I called the AP hotline prior to my visit to UO, I was told I would not need a coupon since I purchased online. I can confirm personally that this info is correct. So, those who don't have access to a coupon, don't hesitate to purchase a pass online using the code available on these boards. It's a great deal.

:) my pleasure !!
Online purchase doesn't need the coupon, but if you bought them previously (like me) & haven't activated them yet & now want to take advantage, you need the coupon.
Those of you that purchased online are lucky!! :smooth:

Thanks for the concern. Believe me, I'm not just going to let it go. I'm in contact with a person at the Annual Pass office (emailed them a doc with the details, receipts, copy of BK coupon and copies of original passes).

Talked to a passholder rep today (7/23) on the phone. She said she's not really able to do anything about getting this straightened out except for putting some kind of note in the computer system saying that they were denied the upgrade offer. She wanted some date that they'd visit the park because the note requires some kind of expiration date (don't know why she just wouldn't expire it at 7/2005 which would be the 2 year expiration) so I told her May 2003.

I asked that they send me something in writing stating that US does owe us the two upgrades because I didn't feel some note in a computer system was enough. She said that she'll review her notes and then see if she can write something up.

I also suggested sending the passes back and having them send new unactivated passes to us but she said that was a no go.

Right now I'm not feeling real good about the status.

Just returned home. I took advantage of the 2 for 1 offer. I picked up my coupon in the airport Burger King. I purchased a 5 day bonus pass on line and was able to upgrade with no problem. I asked three different people if the pass could be purchased before the deadline but activated after 9/30. They all responded the pass must be activated by 9/30.

This turned out to be a great deal. I usually use my AAA card for the discounts in shops and restaurants but the Annual Pass gives a better discount. I haven't figured out my total savings but I'd estimate I paid for the pass with the savings.

I picked up extra coupons and I'm willing to mail them out (within reason).

Great trip.

Carolyn

:)

The way I read this is you only need the code to access the order page. The code is the same on every ticket. You don't need to produce the ticket on collection. If I am correct can someone post or email the code to me within the next few hours as we leave UK in about 36 hours. Thank you for your help. wayne@astersflorist.co.uk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter