Annual Pass - Buy 1 Year / Get 1 Year Free

A BIG thank you JessicaR
These will save me a lot of money as we are in Orlando for the next 2 weeks then again 3 weeks in October.
Wayne

I ordered my BK twofer AP the other day online. Easy as pie. I opted for the kiosk at the park. I am going in December, will activate it then, good till end of Sept, 2005. Good deal and thanks to all here for the great heads up.

Dan

We are not going until Nov, for thanksgiving, if I buy my pass now on the BK offer, do I need the coupon and can I even do that at all - activate after the "deadline" I mean......please someone help me here. thanks.

The way I understand it, you have to activate your pass before the BK coupon deal expires (9/30). If you dont activate before 9/30, you end up with just a regular 1 year pass.

As for buying online, I dont have any firsthand experience, but I believe the park is not requiring you to present the BK coupon when you pick-up your vouchers that were ordered online.

Dan.......... the BK deal does seem a bit hazy........... many post have been about it, and a lot of conflicting info has been said, but I think the last few post I've read about it, stated that it does INDEED have to be activated before 9/30, in order to get the 2 for 1 deal. I have not asked anyone at universal directly, as we will be there before that........ but I've read that some people have spoken to universal reps.... and this is what they were told....... SO, you are correct. I do think though, with some persistance, since this deal has been seemingly crazy from the get go, some may have luck in getting the deal even if they activate it after the deadline. :rolleyes:

While the coupon is clear that passes must be activated by 9/30/03, the online description is also very clear in stating:

"All passes will expire September 30, 2005, or two (2) years from 1st date of use -- whichever comes first!"

Nowhere during the online ordering process is there any requirement that passes be activated by 9/30. Will the coupon control over the order form? I doubt it. There is no way the end date can extend beyond 9/30/05, which is the intent of the promotion. Had it been written "all passes must be activated by 9/30/03" or "passes activated after 9/30/03 will not qualify for the Buy a Year Receive a 2nd Year Free promotion" there would be no question If Universal is to try to do interpret any inconsistency against the customer, they will create a difficult situation for their employees and would eliminate the goodwill generated from the promotion.

But since you are supposed to have the BK coupon in your possession to qualify for the purchase you will have been notified of the activation date requirement.

If you want to know about your specific situation, I'd just call the annual pass holders number. They can tell you what's going on.

Actually, Dan is RIGHT, IT does state that it has to be redeemed by 9/30/03. Although, you are correct that when purchasing online it does not state that...... We bought ours online. MY POINT was, that since this promo has all these apparent inconsistancies........... that people should be able to get them and NOT activate by 9/30/03. My advice would be to anyone wanting this deal......... order online......... ;)

OR follow Dans advice, and call, call, call until you get the answer you want!!!

Wendypooh,

You and I are on the same page on this. DanB is correct that the coupon has the activation date requirement on it (which I noted in my prior post). I agree with you completely that the intentional (USF could have re-thought their position after the coupons were printed, which was likely months ago) or unintentional inconsistencies will allow people to not activate by 9/30 and still benefit from the pass until 9/30/05.

Even with the online version of the terms and conditions, USF is potentially accomplishing a multitude of objectives with this promotion with no chance that the benefits will go beyond 9/30/05:
1. Receiving of ticket revenue earlier in the year by encouraging people to buy now and encouraging the purchase of higher priced tickets
2. Increasing the reportable attendance through frequency of visits and the revenue that accompanies a visit
3. Cross-promotional advertising that likely benefits both USF and BK

Michael72

I'm sure the # you refer to is somewhere on this bord, but I am mentally exhausted after a day at the mall with two kids, could someone send me the custoner service # for the AP's please? Thanks to you all for responding, it helps me feel better about being confused.

This is the number for the AP Hotline: 800.564.5764.

Keep in mind that they're not open Sunday, 9 - 1 on Saturday, and 9 - 6 on Monday - Friday.

Good Luck!!

Seahag,

Received the BK coupons, thanks so much! Very nice of you.
We ordered our passes on-line, but wanted to have a coupon just to be safe. If we don't need them we will pass them along when we get back. :Pinkbounc

Atta

Hi Princess !
Glad they made it to you safe & sound - have fun!!:Pinkbounc

I purchased and activated my pass on my recent trip. Since I'm going back later this year my sister would like the same deal. We really don't want to make a trip before the end of September just to activate the pass. I called the passholder hotline (800-564-5764), spoke with Luis, and was told I could purchase the pass before the deadline but not activate it until after the deadline. The pass would then expire 9/30/05. I also called Guest services (407-224-4233), spoke with Amanda, and was given the same info.

I'd appreciate it if you would post the response you receive if you call with the same question. I'm still not convinced especially after I asked in person on the 19th. I sure don't want to buy the ticket and find out Luis & Amanda didn't know what they were talking about. :confused:

Carolyn

Following the uncertainty about whether passes puchased in advance would be valid for the full two years, or revert to one year if not activated by Sept 30th, I emailed guest services to get the official line (or at least one that I could print out and take with me!). They just responded with the following:

Thank you for visiting Universal Orlando Online.

If you activate your passes your passes in October, the passes will expire September 30, 2005.

Please keep watching us here at http://www.universalorlando.com, as we will have many exciting and new developments in the next few months.

I'm going to take a copy of the email with me just in case, but it looks as though I can activate my passes in early October and get (almost) two years use from them :)

Paul

Peebee-

Where did you get the e-mail address for Universal? I've been looking around their website, and I can't find a link for it... :(

I have the vouchers, I just want something in writing that I can use at the AP processing center to prove that the voucher can be activated AFTER 9/30 and still not expire until 9/30/05.

TIA.....

Hi Flower. The email address is guestservices@universalorlando.com - I can't recall exactly where on the Universal website this is advertised, but that's where I got it from.

It took them about 3 days to get back to me, so don't worry if you don't hear anything straight away. If you don't have any luck then please PM me with your email address and i'll be happy to forward the email to you.

Paul

I email them like PeeBee and this is the response...

Thank you for visiting Universal Orlando Online.

If you purchase the annual pass online with the coupon, you will still get the second year free if you visit in October. Your pass will expire on September 30, 2005.

Please keep watching us here at http://www.universalorlando.com, as we will have many exciting and new developments in the next few months.

Best Regards,

Guest Services

Yahoooo! Now that I have it in writing, I'm off to purchase the annual passes.

Just as a side note, I called and spoke to three different people a few weeks ago and they all said I would not get the second year free if I activated the passes after September 30, 2003. Go figure:confused:

Can someone send me a BK coupon in case I need it when I activate the passes in October?????

Peebee- (Paul)

Thanks so much for the offer... I might have to take you up on it.
I'll be writing to them shortly!!!

Wish me luck........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter