Another waiting for Southwest thread!

I have been keeping the Southwest website opened on my work computer (SShhhh). I will gladly post the change as soon as it happens. I work from home and will have to move to our home computer, but I will post it.
As for Ding!, I don't think I have ever heard a Ding! at 4:30 am. I think the earliest I have seen it is about 8 am EST.

I just found the Flyer Talk forum and they are saying this Thursday around 10 am Central Time...the op of the thread there was right on the money last time so we shall see.......

I can't be home Thursday at that time. How long do the low rates last? The earliest I could get to my comp on Thursday would be 12 noon est thats about an hour after the rates would be available. :sad2:

I have no idea, ptmmg. I have never flown SW before. I am a compulsive planner and this is killing me!! I am pretty sure I won't be doing this for our trip next January :guilty:

I don't have many other choices for our August trip though...every other airline is too high now :sad2:

Well, I will not be at my comp today...have a quote to do...so I hope you guys are right about Thursday...

Pam

Aaarggggghhhhhhh, this is killing me and I have to wait for December's fares to open up- sometime in August I believe. I keep checking the SW website to see if they have moved past August 3rd- what is going on with them- I think they like teasing people, lol........ How long do the webfare specials last anyways? Before when I checked they lasted for about a week from my hometown airport. They were real cheap- 59 dollars one way- hope I can catch a good one like that for December Going crazy here in Buffalo.

cepmom said:
I don't have many other choices for our August trip though...every other airline is too high now :sad2:

I hear you, going August 20-27 out of MHT, if the rates open at $109 each way I think I'll cry. :sad:

emmabelle said:
I hear you, going August 20-27 out of MHT, if the rates open at $109 each way I think I'll cry. :sad:

have you tried Allegiant Air out of Portsmouth to Sanford? I just tried for our trip, but I need Wednesday and they don't fly out on Wednesday's :sad:
The rate wasn't too bad...I think about $79 each way

From providence I have seen rates as low as $59 ow up to $109, toward the end of July and a lot of those are still available. If they come out $109 for the end of August I would book with Northwestern it would be a lot cheaper even though there would be a stopover.

cepmom said:
I just found the Flyer Talk forum and they are saying this Thursday around 10 am Central Time...the op of the thread there was right on the money last time so we shall see.......

Would you please post the link to the flyertalk thread here? I'm having trouble finding the thread. THANKS!

Thanks Cepmom for the link, very cool site. Unfortunately I have to wait for SW because I have a credit with them, and so the wait continues...... :surfweb:

Edited to add: While looking through the Flyertalk site I found this tip:

"A tipoff is when the current sale is "through the end of the schedule" rather than having a specific ending date."

I did get an email today from SW saying the final days of the systemwide sale. Got my fingers crossed.

Anybody else sitting in front of their computer with their travel dates and credit card close at hand? :surfweb:

oh boy Pam ~ you're up pretty early!!!
I have made no plans this morning and plan on sitting here until SW opens up!

pamjb said:
Anybody else sitting in front of their computer with their travel dates and credit card close at hand? :surfweb:

Sadly I'm headed to work - but still hoping for today!

Good luck to everyone for today! :cheer2:

I can't be here at 10, but I've given DH instructions on what to do. I'm pretty confident my dates won't be released until this summer, but I want to see if the flyertalk person who predicted 10:15 today was right!

After y'all finish booking, of course, would you please post the time you noticed the extension of dates? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter