Any Disney cross stitch fans out there?

Awhile back I saw a kit on Ebay that was similar to the Expressive Mickey Mouse kit, but it was all black and white. Does anyone have a copy of it or can they find the kit for me for sale? I have looked and can't find it on my own.

Also, I am a beginning cross stitcher...:) IF I decide to jump into a Stoneycreek design, is there one or two that are easier OR one or two I should NOT do for my first big project? I really like the Cindererlla's castle or the one with Mickey & Walt....are they too much for a beginner? :confused3

TIA for the advice and help!

Honestly...the stoney creek patterns are a little hard. I wouldn't start out with one of those. I would find one of the simpler ornaments or smaller designs to start with and then advance to the larger ones. I would go ahead and buy the patterns so you have them but I would complete 2 or 3 smaller ones before I started a bigger design. That is my humble opinion though.

Honestly...the stoney creek patterns are a little hard. I wouldn't start out with one of those. I would find one of the simpler ornaments or smaller designs to start with and then advance to the larger ones. I would go ahead and buy the patterns so you have them but I would complete 2 or 3 smaller ones before I started a bigger design. That is my humble opinion though.

That is my plan actually. I have a booklet with Mickey I plan to do, then hope to find the black and white expressions of Mickey. Only then would I consider a Stoney Creek. I just didn't know if either of the two I was interested in were considered "harder" than others. (and if so...what makes it hard? The stitches? The overall time it will take to make it?):confused3

Of the two Stoney Creek patterns you mentioned, the Cinderella Castle one, IMO, is easier. On the self-portrait, there is an awful lot of changing the threads. You will use a color for 1 or 2 stitches, then have to change. It gets tedious and easy to make a mistake. The Cinderella Castle has bigger sections where you are using the same color. I counted it up, 70 colors in the Self-portrait, only 50 in the Castle. Only, the Cinderella Castle uses, something called Glissengloss, which was invented by the devil. It's a metallic thread, and it tends to twist and get knotted. You have to let the thread unwind after almost every stitch, and even then, it could get knotted. Working with the Glissengloss requires a lot of patience.

I changed the Glissengloss to Krienk (easier) and I also use THREAD HAVEN...it is a wax you run your thread over and it keeps the metallics from tangling as much....The still may tangle but not as much as without it....

I can't work without the wax....

Do you know how to Park your threads??? It makes confetti stitching so much easier!!!! I can post the instructions if you like. It is hard to do at first..but once you learn how it makes big projects much easier.

Do you know how to Park your threads??? It makes confetti stitching so much easier!!!! I can post the instructions if you like. It is hard to do at first..but once you learn how it makes big projects much easier.

I have never heard of parking threads (unless I call it something else). Please post directions!!

Thanks

Tracie

I think it's where when you are temporarily finished with a color... Instead, of cutting it off, you leave it attached, but direct the floss to the side so it doesn't get in the way. You stitch another color, and then when you are ready to come back to the "parked" color, you just start stitching again. So you end up with less "beginnings and ends" of a thread.

I've done it on occasion, but it doesn't always help. On my 35th Anniversary, last night, I was doing Timothy. 39 squares, 9 different colors and only 3 of the colors are anywhere near the vicinity of Timothy, so could be theoretically parked.

I do, however, work with multiple needles, so I don't unthread them after I cut them off. If I know I have to use the same color for a stitch here, a stitch there.

Thank you everyone for the support! I have never heard of "parking threads", but the description makes sense I think.

I am officially scared to try the Castle, but am motivated to get my other Mickey started. I hope to come back and share my completed project in a few months.

Does anyone have the pattern of the B&W Mickey Expressions? I am thinking it is retired.

Parking Threads:

This is really easy...it takes a while to get used to though....and your back will look terrible...this you will have to live with...One thing...You will be working your 10 x 10 grids in colums...it makes it easier...

1. Start with a 10 x 10 grid..

2. Find your first symbol...and stitch all of that symbol in your 10 x 10 grid....When finished...

3. Find the same symbol on the 10 x 10 grid below it...take your needle and bring your thread up like you are going to make the first 1/2 of the X ...but don't do it...just unthread your needle and lay the thread down..

4. Go back to the first grid you were working on...and stitch the next symbol the same way....when finished bring your thread down....

5. continue each symbol until your first 10 x 10 grid is finished....

6. start the next 10 x 10 grid ....you should have thread there already for you to pick up and stitch...

Hope this helps!!!!

Parking Threads:

This is really easy...it takes a while to get used to though....and your back will look terrible...this you will have to live with...One thing...You will be working your 10 x 10 grids in colums...it makes it easier...

2. Find your first symbol...and stitch all of that symbol in your 10 x 10 grid....When finished...

3. Find the same symbol on the 10 x 10 grid below it...take your needle and bring your thread up like you are going to make the first 1/2 of the X ...but don't do it...just unthread your needle and lay the thread down..

4. Go back to the first grid you were working on...and stitch the next symbol the same way....when finished bring your thread down....

6. start the next 10 x 10 grid ....you should have thread there already for you to pick up and stitch...

Hope this helps!!!!

I have copies of both Sleeping Beauty Castle and Cinderella Castle Cross Stitch Patterns Available for Trade. The patterns were adapted by Hands-On-Design, have a very retro quality, and are from the 1980's.

Parking Threads:

Hope this helps!!!!

Thank you, I understand it!

Hello fellow cross stitchers! :goodvibes

I'm very excited to find this thread. I've just started cross stitching again after quite a few years, largely because I couldn't find any pieces that inspired me. But I recently discovered that I can combine my love of stitching and Disney so I've started up again. I've just finished a Disney wedding sampler and I've now discovered the Kinkade Disney Dreams kits and fallen in love!

I bought the Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream kit on ebay last night and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm sure it will keep me occupied (and at times frustrated :rotfl:) for quite some time..

Hi everyone...was wondering if anyone has Cinderella running down the stairs pattern , and the one of lady and the tramp eating spaghetti...I have some Disney ones I can share...thanks...Debbie

How big do the patterns from the books generally end up being? I am looking for patterns at least 5x7 and I dont want to purchase the books if they are only going to be 3" or so

How big do the patterns from the books generally end up being? I am looking for patterns at least 5x7 and I dont want to purchase the books if they are only going to be 3" or so

the Disney Classics Disney Home book I have has HUGE designs.. each one has four pages of pattern for one design. The cover of the booklet is bambi with a small pic of dumbo in the right upper corner.

If anyone has books/pamphlets with Mickey patterns could you look for a pattern for me? I saw it as a kit on Ebay awhile back and didn't buy it and really want it now.

It's a black and white pattern of squares of different Mickey expressions. I think it was the same pattern as the Expressive Mickey kit by Janlynn.

If anyone can find it, I'd appreciate knowing which book it is in. I keep checking Ebay and it hasn't shown up again.

Thank you.

I know its not much but I have the super cute "Wake up sleepy" winnie the pooh pattern. its a cute 5x7 that I just had to have. would be willing to trade for any other disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter