Any Holiday Shipping/Receiving Issues This Year?

Ordered this for my oldest:
1702481881846.jpeg

got this instead:

1702481920131.jpeg

Wouldn't have been so bad if the original wasn't ordered in a size 3xl and the one received was a size Large.

One of my Facebook friends posted last night that she ordered organic cayenne pepper from Walmart delivery, and received a pink wallet:

1702483189916.png
1702483215549.png

So far so good. We even had an order from Australia arrive in just two weeks. Of course, we paid over $40 in shipping..ironically it came by air. By sea would have taken months.

Last year my mom sent a package by sea to Australia and it didn’t arrive until March or April.

Not Christmas related but two days ago I was supposed to get 12 cans of dog food from Amazon. I got an empty yellow envelope. On the envelope it said 12 pounds. Of course the place is scamming people. I called Amazon and they gave me my money back. Than I called the place who sent it and asked why are they scamming people. Lady was like this is a trucking company. Whatever

UPDATE- than the company asked me if I could give them a review. Sure no problem I will give you a review. Than they ask me if I could take it down didn’t know you could. Nope you asked for the review and I gave a honest review.

Last edited:
Waiting on 3 or 4 items from Amazon ordered on Nov 27th. And one item ordered from a non Amazon store in Dec 3rd. Not shipped yet. Though one item says ' probably delivered Dec 6th' lol

Beginning to wonder if I'll get them at all.
I had a problem last year with an Amazon order which was from a non Amazon store. They sent an email that it had been hand delivered that AM. It definitely had not been hand delivered or otherwise. I emailed them and told them I did not get it. This is where it gets frustrating: It is apparently a Chinese company that sells through Amazon. I dealt with them and they insisted that they had tried to deliver it at 7am 11am 2pm and 5pm on the previous day. They did not do that as I was home all that day. Then they claimed they hand delivered it the next day!!! They would not take care of the problem or admit that they were wrong, or right out lying!
I emailed Amazon and told them what was going on. They called me and I explained it all. I said I wanted my money back, which the seller refused saying I did receive the item. They said that Amazon guarantees their sales and Amazon would credit my account that day, which they did. They said that they would turn it over to their investigation department. They said if they found the seller to be at fault, they would bar him from advertising on Amazon.
They were as good as their word. They said they were responsible for all refunds, not the seller.
They must have barred that company from advertising because I haven't seen their name on the items I usually buy.
I was impressed with how Amazon handled this problem, very efficient with no delays.

I have had a few issues this holiday season, &, sinceI haven’t really had any problems the past few years, so maybe this year is my turn.

I order my Christmas cards from Tiny Prints, which is part of Shutterfly. In past years, I’ve received my order within record time - always faster than what was originally estimated. This year, like other years, I paid extra for expedited shipping. My cards were estimated to arrive on Thursday, December 7th. Instead, I received them on Friday, December 8th. And, that’s not really a big deal, except we went out of town on Saturday, December 9th - so, if I hadn’t received them on Friday, it would have been a much bigger deal.

And, I’ve discovered there’s really no such thing as Amazon Prime 2-Day Delivery anymore.

2 items I ordered on Black Friday didn’t arrive until Wednesday, Dec 6th.

And one shirt I ordered that was supposed to arrive on Wednesday, Dec 6th didn’t arrive until Sunday, Dec. 10th - after we were already out of town.

We have our Christmas at the beach, & I’m currently waiting on one item that was supposed to arrive to an Amazon locker this Monday. Instead, it’s been “out for delivery” & riding around on a truck in Jacksonville, FL for 3 days now.

I got the items I ordered with no problem. However, I received Amazon packages addressed to 2 other people, with my address, including our full 9 digit zip code. I didn't recognize either name as from my neighborhood, 3 of us searched & couldn’t even come up with anyone by those names in our state. I did a chat with Amazon, he checked via the tracking numbers, said our address was incorrectly associated with those orders at the packing site. Not sure how that happened since I hadn’t even ordered anything from Amazon since early November. I expected someone would come pick the packages up, but was told to keep or donate the items inside. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Days later, I received 2 more packages for 1 of those same people with my mail deliveries. I put a note on them saying no such person at this address & stuck them back in the mailbox. I assume those things were ordered thru Amazon as well.

Had one card misdelivered. There is another street in town that begins with the same letter, has the same number of letters, and has two other letters in common. It was hand written and in a kind of small cursive, that was a little difficult to read. The letter carrier said the sorting machines misread what was written. And of course added that they didn’t notice it either!

The only other issues were an item missing from an order, and two deliveries of items that didn’t say who they were from. We still don’t know. One had no identifying information, the other I called the company that sent it and their records list a sender name that is not someone we know.

stuff from kohls was a nightmare-they said it was shipped via ups but ups tracking never showed them receiving it. some never arrived, some arrived long after via ups surepost (so via usps). usps will deliver stuff but it's hit and miss if it's via mailbox or front porch and then it seems some drivers wait till day's end to update the tracking. not a huge problem except in the case of a jar of marmalade i ordered that apparantly had been delivered to my front porch early in the morning but i did'nt get notification until near 8 p.m. that night-temps were in the teens and the contents had managed to freeze just enough to pop the seal so it ended up being a packing container filled with marmalade :crazy2:

The package I sent to FL finally got delivered yesterday. The one going to CO still says sitting at their local post office, but not out for delivery. Yet the Christmas cards I sent the same day, got there 2 days ago. Since when is first class mail faster than Priority mail?

edited to add--Finally, it was left outside her door at 7:30 am, lol.

Last edited:
Not a delivery problem, yet, but my Black Friday order from Joann Fabric is still "processing", not shipped. I'm not in a hurry, I'm afraid they will decide to just cancel it. Several other people in the same boat according to Facebook comments.

I have a couple of Moominvalley coffee mugs from Japan stuck in customs. It'll be okay as long as they're here by Christmas, but if they're not, I'll be mad that I paid extra for expedited shipping. Probably not the sender's fault, but there was free shipping available with a Dec 27th arrival date, so I will have wasted my money if it comes late.

I ordered a Disney story book advent calendar from QVC for my niece at the end of October and it was supposed to be delivered before Halloween. I finally got a refund for it yesterday. It clearly shows it was never delivered. Anywhere. I kept bouncing between the postal service who wouldn't do anything because I wasn't the sender and QVC because they did clearly ship the item. I got a lovely customer service person on the phone at QVC yesterday and FINALLY got a refund.

Not a delivery problem, yet, but my Black Friday order from Joann Fabric is still "processing", not shipped. I'm not in a hurry, I'm afraid they will decide to just cancel it. Several other people in the same boat according to Facebook comments.
I will shop at the actual store, but refuse to ever order anything to be shipped from Joann again. They take your money, let the order sit saying it is waiting to be picked up for momths, are rude when you call, then it takes a bit before you ever see your money back. I wish you luck!
So far the only issue I have had is USPS laying packages that can fit in my mailbox on the edge of my porch. No attempt to push it farther even. I finally called and asked for them to be put in my mailbox, which is what they used to do.
I also have an Etsy seller that said an item was homemade and shipped from the US. Turns out it is something from Temu. I ordered right before Thanksgiving and it just made it to the US 2 days ago. I should have had it already. Her ratings have dropped since I ordered. Not cool is all I can say.
Amazon has been great!

We just moved to a new house. Ordered a couple small “test packages” from Amazon. The pin on the map showed at my cousin’s house the next drive over. Sure enough, wrong house. I added instructions for finding our house but it happened again. I went to the delivery feedback and said delivered to wrong address. I was able to move the pin on the map and subsequent deliveries have made it here. FYI for anyone in this situation.

I ordered another gift from Amazon but it’s coming UPS. Hope it gets here.

I ordered an expensive item from Walmart that was delivered by fedex. They left it out by the mailbox on the side of the road. We are on 15 acres and the house sets back from the road. My son went down and retrieved it while I was at work. It was in the original packaging and it’s a gift for him. Oh well. We got a laugh out of it.

I ordered an expensive item from Walmart that was delivered by fedex. They left it out by the mailbox on the side of the road. We are on 15 acres and the house sets back from the road. My son went down and retrieved it while I was at work. It was in the original packaging and it’s a gift for him. Oh well. We got a laugh out of it.

we are on acreage as well. last winter a fedex package showed as delivered but it was nowhere to be found. the photo on the site was useless-it was a smudgy unfocused blob. while fedex was researching dh happened one day to glance over on our property and see a package sitting under a bush by the pond. luckily the water level had'nt gotten high enough to hit it. we went back and looked at the fedex photo and realized the smudges were the branches. don't know what the driver was thinking (it would have taken parking the truck and walking it over to where it was left).

Well we have one right now (from Amazon) that has been sitting at a sorting facility here in town since 12/13… it says new estimated delivery date is 12/19. When I ordered it said would be delivered by 12/14.

I have something similar. A toy I ordered from Amazon was supposed to be delivered Wednesday. Now it's saying Monday, and it hasn't been shipped yet (ordered early in December). I've had similar issues before, and the item just never showed up. Thinking of canceling the order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter