Anyone ever been to the Epcot food & wine festival?

bajanswife

DIS Veteran
Does it tend to increase crowd size significantly? Was it hard to get to the food & wine - i.e. were the waits long? We'll be there for it this year, and wondered if we should plan on eating at least one meal by sampling rather than going to one of the normal restaurants.

When DH and I were there we noticed HEAVY crowds on the weekends and much lighter crowds during the week. I think F & W must be very popular with the locals too!

DH and I went in 2003 and had a fantastic time. I agree that the crowds were light on weekdays and much heavier on weekends. We plan to go again this year and will do the Party for the Senses ticketed event--it's about $80 per ticket and I've heard it's well worth it. Here's a review I just found:
http://allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw03_ps.htm

I was there in 2003 and took the advice here that weekends were busiest, so I avoided Epcot Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. When I was there, I found the crowds come and go at each booth, even the popular ones. The castmembers in Italy were singing to the passing crowds at one point trying to attract attention because they were bored.

Deb

Sounds like it will be quite tolerable! I love sampling stuff, because I'm a person who hates to have to make one choice when there are many delicious choices on a menu!

I was there for the last week of the festival in Nov 2003.

On the weekends the lines were pretty long for the booths. They did move fairly well though.

But during the week, the lines were much shorter.

We didn't find that crowds overwhelming at all though, it was still easy to move around the parks even on the weekends at this time of year.

Enjoy the festival!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter