Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called today and we are in the system! :yay: However, the points are not showing up yet so no can do reservations. :sad1:
Here is what our updated timeline is so far:

5/12/07 - Showed up on MS Computers, but no points showing :(

5/9/07 - Closed (Not in DVC system yet, I called to check :) )

5/4/07 - Seller signed and mailed in paperwork (closing agent emailed scans
of all the paperwork)

5/2/07 - Buyer Mailed in Check and paperwork

5/1/07 - Buyer Recvd Closing paperwork

4/11/07 - Passed ROFR

4/4/07 - Submitted for ROFR

Judging by SNAPPY's timeline (in the system on the 8th and points showed up on the 11th), we should be in by Tuesday?:rolleyes1

If you have any extra pixie dust, throw some our way, we are trying to make a Thanksgiving 2 BR trip.........:hourglass

Are you checking on line? Mine appeared rather late on the 10th. It kind of surprised me.

Are you checking on line? Mine appeared rather late on the 10th. It kind of surprised me.

Snappy,

No I'm checking by phone. I called later today to see if the CM could give me a pin and club member id. She could not get my pin due to her receiving some sort of error message; however, she was able to see my points and make my first reservation! :banana: The bad part is that only 3 of the 5 days I wanted were available. 11/21 and 22 are booked solid. The only thing available was a 2br in OKW for Cash at the rack rate. I took it and waitlisted for any 2br by points for those dates.

Thanks for the wishful thoughts, I hope it comes through too, the rack rate is BRUTAL!!:scared1:

Congratulations to Mickey Moose and Snappy for making it into the system.:thumbsup2

Well for us today is the deadline for closing as per our contract. I called TTS closing services on Friday and still no closing docs from the sellers had arrived. That means we won't be able to get any AKV add on points in time to be able to make ressies for AKV for our upcoming trip this Fall. :sad1: I hope we'll be able to get something because we are locked in to an exact time frame.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

The contract we are trying to purchase was submitted to Disney for ROFR today! Here are the stats:

ransom -- 150 VWL (Dec) $87, 150 '06 banked pts & 150 '07 pts coming, buyer pays closing and '07 MF (sub 5/14) non-member

Here's hoping!

Well for us today is the deadline for closing as per our contract. I called TTS closing services on Friday and still no closing docs from the sellers had arrived.

Has TTS had contact with the seller? If so, what is their reason for not sending the paperwork? What a waste of your time and energy :furious:

Well for us today is the deadline for closing as per our contract. I called TTS closing services on Friday and still no closing docs from the sellers had arrived.

I feel your pain. Last fall we were trying to close on a contract for 170 points HH. Apparently the buyers were a husband and wife AND their son. The husband and wife signed their closing docs right away and then we waited WEEKS for the kid to get his act together to return his. When we were about 6 days from the deadline for closing, I called the closing agent and said that if they didn't return their signed documents by the closing deadline, I was walking away from the entire transaction (I had planned to buy direct from DVC at that point - I was so frustrated). Lo and behold, the kid returned them THE NEXT MORNING. :mad:

Makes me wonder why the parents didn't lay some pressure on the kid earlier! GOOD LUCK. From someone who has also been there, I know how miserable it can be!

Liisa

We just received our email from TTS about an hour ago that Disney waived its ROFR so its official. Boy we have had a really bad week so this is wonderful new s for us. Now I just have to wait for the closing papers and the sellers and we will be all set!! Good luck everyone!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats. :thumbsup2

What did you buy and when did it go in for ROFR? Our contract (first purchase) was submitted Wednesday so I am hoping for some good news this week, that is if Disney is as fast as some are reporting on the board. If they snatch it up, we'll just find another. WE WILL BE DVC MEMBERS just a matter of time. :cool1: :banana:

150 SSR (Aug) $83/pt 214 coming in 07, seller pays 07 dues, buyer pays close

Has TTS had contact with the seller? If so, what is their reason for not sending the paperwork? What a waste of your time and energy :furious:

I left a message with TTS closing services last Monday on the 7th. I got a call back on Tuesday the 8th saying they would give the sellers a call. I didn't hear anything back so I called again on Friday, the 11th and was told that the husband had been away (on business I think) and would be sending the closing docs shortly.

Since today was the deadline and I didn't get any emails or phone calls, and they've had our check and closing docs for a full two weeks now, I called TTS after 3 p.m. eastern time and did not get a live person so I left a message and also sent an email. We were hoping to get an addon at AKV in time to make ressies for our October trip there. DVC sales told me that I would have had to add on today to be able to book when AKV ressies open up on Wednesday, May 16. So it looks like we're out of luck there. Also BWV and BCV are sold out for our week and I believe I read here on one of the threads that VWL was sold out for our week too. OKW would be okay and I really don't want to stay at SSR for this trip, but at this point we'll be lucky to get anything DVC providing there's anything left by the time we're in the system, and able to make a reservation. I guess I'll be checking my email often tomorrow and staying close to the phone.:surfweb:

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

I feel your pain. Last fall we were trying to close on a contract for 170 points HH. Apparently the buyers were a husband and wife AND their son. The husband and wife signed their closing docs right away and then we waited WEEKS for the kid to get his act together to return his. When we were about 6 days from the deadline for closing, I called the closing agent and said that if they didn't return their signed documents by the closing deadline, I was walking away from the entire transaction (I had planned to buy direct from DVC at that point - I was so frustrated). Lo and behold, the kid returned them THE NEXT MORNING. :mad:

Makes me wonder why the parents didn't lay some pressure on the kid earlier! GOOD LUCK. From someone who has also been there, I know how miserable it can be!

Liisa

Thanks for the support:) If they don't get the contract in soon I just might cancel it and go for a new AKV contract through Disney and pickup another VWL addon later. I am upset knowing we'll probably not be able to stay at any of the DVC resorts we wanted to for our Fall trip and trying to stay hopeful that we'll be able to get something through DVC for our trip. We'll keep you informed as the saga continues.:surfweb:

For all of you hopeful newcomers it's been my experience through following this thread that the majority of contracts go through more smoothly and quicker than ours has done.:thumbsup2 Here's hoping they all pass ROFR, close quickly, and get you into the DVC system in record time!

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Congrats. :thumbsup2

What did you buy and when did it go in for ROFR? Our contract (first purchase) was submitted Wednesday so I am hoping for some good news this week, that is if Disney is as fast as some are reporting on the board. If they snatch it up, we'll just find another. WE WILL BE DVC MEMBERS just a matter of time. :cool1: :banana:

150 SSR (Aug) $83/pt 214 coming in 07, seller pays 07 dues, buyer pays close

Our resale is 250 pts at BCV with Sept UY it had 450pts & 250coming 08. It went to ROFR on May 7th and we heard at roughly 5:30 pm on May 14th that Disney waived ROFR. I thought it would take longer. Now they tell us expect all papers in 28 days. I am so excited. Good luck with your resale. :cheer2: :cheer2:

OMG! We just got our closing documents. :cool1: I was expecting them the 1st week in June. We only passed ROFR on 5/7. DH is picking up the check today & everything will be mailed tomorrow.

Any clue on how long till I can book my room for November. I'm getting so worried they won't have anything available. Hoping for BWV 1 bedroom 11/11-11/15. If I would hve known it was going to go this quick I would have waited to buy my MVMCP tickets.

Good luck & pixiedust: to everyone still waiting!

OMG! We just got our closing documents. :cool1: I was expecting them the 1st week in June. We only passed ROFR on 5/7. DH is picking up the check today & everything will be mailed tomorrow.

Wow - Congratulations! When did you go into ROFR?

Just got word that we officially closed today. Updated timeline is:

5/15/07 - Closed
5/11/07 - Buyer Mailed in Check and paperwork
5/10/07 - Buyer Recvd Closing paperwork
4/20/07 - Passed ROFR
4/13/07 - Submitted for ROFR

We were told to wait 10 days to make sure that Disney had all our info in their system before trying to make a reservation. Have many of you found that to be the timeframe? It seems to be available more quickly than that based on the posts I've seen.

So Excited to be almost "home" !!!

--Melissa

:thumbsup2 The seller's paperwork arrived today! One day after the deadline. They received the paperwork on 4/18, I'm not sure I understand why they would hold on to the paperwork for so long, but I am glad they finally sent it. We should close either today or tomorrow.:cool1:

:thumbsup2 The seller's paperwork arrived today! One day after the deadline. They received the paperwork on 4/18, I'm not sure I understand why they would hold on to the paperwork for so long, but I am glad they finally sent it. We should close either today or tomorrow.:cool1:

Congrat JackieMD! That's awesome news!!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter