Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

DH handles that, I think he said around 65 dollars or something.. like that.. I know it was under 70 dollars... and we listen to it all the time.

I just did an online chat to cancel the service in my car since I'm working from home and not driving it at all except to run errands twice a month. I had absolutely no intention to keep the service. Their first offer was $60 plus taxes and fees for a one year contract. I declined so then the agent chatted me with info regarding future $15 activation fee if I plan to turn it back on again (which I know you can get waived later if I really wanted it). I advised that I still wanted to cancel so he offered me a 3 month package at only $2 total (no additional taxes or fees). This is for the All Access plan. I took the $2 deal and they pro-rated my cancelled package which I still had a few days left. I basically paid pennies for them to extend my contract another 3 months, at which time I will do this song and dance with them to cancel again.

So here I am 3 months later after my $2 deal and I just did an online chat with to try to cancel my service again.

I asked to cancel and the online agent asked me if this was due to the pandemic. I said yes and he reviewed my account and offered me the $4.99/mo + taxes & fees deal for 12 months. I declined stating that's still more than I wanted to pay for a service I don't use. The agent then said he understood and offered to restart my trial for another 3 months for $2 total -- I didn't realize I was in a "trial" after I had the $2 deal three months ago. So I am still on the SiriusXM All Access plan and will need to contact them again at the beginning of January to avoid a $26 monthly fee for the subscription.

In all honesty, I really am not driving my car hardly at all. The last time I bought gas was when I filled my tank on 6/16 and have driven less than 375 miles in the past 4 months. I only drive it every other week or so. And I do have every intent to cancel my radio service completely. My employer has just re-evaluated our return to the office plan and they extended it to Jan 15, 2021. I anticipate we won't return to the office even then. Regardless, I won't be renewing my satellite radio service whenever we return to the office.

I renewed a month ago with an offer from a mailer. I paid $60 plus tax for one year all-access (includes the app) and a free Echo Dot. I did have to log in several times before the free Echo Dot offer came up as available. I use the service on the radio in one car and just run it through the app for our second car.

Ha! I had bought my last van new in 2008, and splurged for the lifetime subscription. Traded in that van 2 years ago. Then last month, I found out there's a lawsuit--the contract didn't specify WHOSE lifetime. So, for a one-time change fee, I will once again have a lifetime subscription on my new van. And any future vehicle I might own.

So here I am 3 months later after my $2 deal and I just did an online chat with to try to cancel my service again.

I asked to cancel and the online agent asked me if this was due to the pandemic. I said yes and he reviewed my account and offered me the $4.99/mo + taxes & fees deal for 12 months. I declined stating that's still more than I wanted to pay for a service I don't use. The agent then said he understood and offered to restart my trial for another 3 months for $2 total -- I didn't realize I was in a "trial" after I had the $2 deal three months ago. So I am still on the SiriusXM All Access plan and will need to contact them again at the beginning of January to avoid a $26 monthly fee for the subscription.

In all honesty, I really am not driving my car hardly at all. The last time I bought gas was when I filled my tank on 6/16 and have driven less than 375 miles in the past 4 months. I only drive it every other week or so. And I do have every intent to cancel my radio service completely. My employer has just re-evaluated our return to the office plan and they extended it to Jan 15, 2021. I anticipate we won't return to the office even then. Regardless, I won't be renewing my satellite radio service whenever we return to the office.

Don’t know if you are aware, or have capabllity, but you can listen to Sirius XM in the house. We also working from home and not driving as much. However, I am currently listening through my ipad w/wifi hooked up to speakers. Also, listen all day while working using my amazon echo. If we couldn’t do that I wouldn’t renew either but love to be able to hear a variety of music all day, depending on my mood.

Don’t know if you are aware, or have capabllity, but you can listen to Sirius XM in the house. We also working from home and not driving as much. However, I am currently listening through my ipad w/wifi hooked up to speakers. Also, listen all day while working using my amazon echo. If we couldn’t do that I wouldn’t renew either but love to be able to hear a variety of music all day, depending on my mood.

I am aware of this but have no need or desire to listen to SiriusXM in my home. Thanks for sharing the info - I'm sure it will be helpful to someone!

I also just renewed subscription for my car at $30 for six months I have been doing this for the last 4 years I also pay with a check never auto renew with CC :)

I usually get the two year subscription so they don't bug me as much. I listen in the car and at home over the Amazon Echo's that I have.

don't you need the premium vs the basic service to do that?

don't you need the premium vs the basic service to do that?

Actually, I don’t know. I have the select package and have listened at home. Someone told me, nobody official, that there is a connection with Pandora, so expanded their services to include being able to use the app for home use.

I love XM (still not used to calling it Sirius XM), but I just couldn’t justify the cost (even calling in) with my shorter (now zero due to Covid) commute and all the podcasts I have piling up.

I did get an offer after getting an oil change...once I drive more, I’ll think about it (and check this thread for the latest price!)

Mine was up for renewal in a few days, so I did the online chat and said I don't listen enough and could only renew if offered a good price. They immediately offered what I have now which is $4.99 per month ($6.06 with taxes) for 12 months. A pretty painless process.

Mine was up for renewal in a few days, so I did the online chat and said I don't listen enough and could only renew if offered a good price. They immediately offered what I have now which is $4.99 per month ($6.06 with taxes) for 12 months. A pretty painless process.

That is also the rate we have on our 4 cars. We have had this rate for 3 years. I just called to renew last week and they upgraded us for the same price. We can now listen inside from the app and we couldn’t before

I only do a year at a time but I do the Select (less channels but I really only listen to about a dozen of the 325 I get) so that I get streaming. I have a 30 min commute (each way but often longer in the afternoon) but listening on my computer/phone/tablet as well makes it worth it to me.

I need to check into this.... I'm curious about being able to listen at home or car for the same low price....

I need to check into this.... I'm curious about being able to listen at home or car for the same low price....

Love the streaming feature. Totally worth it cause sometimes I don't want to listen to my library, expecially when they have special channels (right now it's the Billy Joel Channel and they have a few Holiday ones starting in Novemeber).

Years ago when hubby bought his new car he paid to get a lifetime sub. and it was for two cars. He had it on the original car and we put it on mine when I bought a new one. Last year he bought a new truck (still have the car) he got a free one year sub. with that. He just renewed it not too long ago but I'm not sure how much he paid. We really don't use it much and I tried to talk him into moving it from his car to his truck because I can't even remember the last time he drove the car, he has replaced the battery twice just because it sits in the garage and doesn't get started. I listen to local radio around town and only switch when we are on a trip to WDW because I get tired of trying to find local stations. Before I had it, I just plugged my IPOD into the car and listened to that through the radio and was really ok with that but hubby seemed to think that wasn't good enough when I bought a new car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter