Anyone stockpiling food?

I just found out what people are supposed to be doing with those bottles of water! Why didn't the CDC tell us about this when they told us to stock up on bottled water? :confused3 :rotfl:

Seen at Vancouver International Airport back on Jan 28 & posted on someone's Facebook page and reprinted on:
https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/

bottle-head-feature.jpg.png;w=960

From the back, it appears that the person has cut a hole into the container in order to make room for their ponytail. Why doesn't the CDC provide directions for this.

bottle-head-coronavirus.jpg;w=960

For those who buy a pallet, you can protect your whole family:

elsewhere-asia.jpg;w=960

The one problem I see is that the top of the jug should have a face mask over the opening too. :scratchin :lmao:

They just need to sell "Bubble Boy" outfits. :teeth:

There is no hand sanitizer In stores here. I keep a pump of it in my car and its running low. I did see some at a Walmart so I I did a pickup order. Hopefully it will still be available tomorrow morning. We did a stock up on food, water, cleaners already.

So are these water bottle head shields supposed to replace the tin foil hats? What if you need to wear BOTH? Which goes on first? Do you put on the tin foil hat and then the water bottle? Does the tip of the tin foil go through the opening of the water bottle? This is so complicated. It might take me the whole 2 week quarantine to figure this out. :scratchin

s-l1600.jpg

elsewhere-asia.jpg;w=960

I found the doomsday preppers at Costco!!!

The flaw in this situation is that if there was a couple people with Coronavirus standing in close proximity, in those long register lines, :crowded:
Sick.gif
:tilt::upsidedow
sneezing.gif
:crowded: pretty much, all those doomsday preppers will be wiped out in the next couple of weeks. :scared:

Last edited:
So are these water bottle head shields supposed to replace the tin foil hats? What if you need to wear BOTH? Which goes on first? Do you put on the tin foil hat and then the water bottle? Does the tip of the tin foil go through the opening of the water bottle? This is so complicated. It might take me the whole 2 week quarantine to figure this out. :scratchin

s-l1600.jpg

elsewhere-asia.jpg;w=960

Gosh the first pic has me thinking of stock piling a bunch of Hersey Kisses!!! Yum!!

I was going to BJs today for my normal shopping which includes a couple 5 gallon water bottles. I also need Clorox wipes (they are something I regularly use), paper towels, and milk, eggs and bread.
I decided to not go because I didn't want to look like I was a prepper :laughing:
We did our regular marketing today, but I did do an inventory of our cleaning supplies, over the counter meds, and paper products before we went. We were down to one roll of tp and one roll of paper towels, so we bought big packs. I also replenished meds where needed. We were good on cleaning supplies and wipes, so I didn’t get those. I also bought a little extra meat, frozen veggies and tuna packets just to have on hand. We did not buy any water.

I’m down to 2 weeks left on my prescription meds, so I’ll be calling my dr tomorrow to get that filled. Other than that, we are good.

I did my monthly shop this morning. I spent about what I spend on my big trips, leaving $200 for smaller trips to get milk, fresh veg, etc; since I have enough meat for 20 meals already, I splurged a little, and got some king crab and snow crab legs and shrimp for next week. I also got most of my hurricane supplies, since I had the extra money.

Anyways. There was no hand sanitizer at the Target by my house, not even the little bottles in the travel section. Plenty of wipes, Lysol, bleach, etc.

And I just realized we didnt' get DH's February med order. I placed the order, but it didn't come. Puts us down to 2 months extra supply, instead of 3. /sigh I have to call them tomorrow.

From my perspective, it's a good idea to purchase food goods you'd normally eat. No sense in keeping cans of Spam on hand if it's not part of your regular diet since nobody here will eat it until the zombie apocalypse.Maybe, LOL.

I'm a perimeter shopper for the most part and avoid overly processed food so maintain an auxiliary freezer filled with various types of protein, home made main courses and flash frozen mirepoix ingredients.

As a just in case move I recently bought bread, frozen juice, and asparagus (it was on sale and can make a nice soup) to add to my freezer. Also powdered milk for the pantry. We eat a lot of fresh fruit and I'm thinking since some berries are at a good price locally I'll puree and flash freeze some to use in yogurt parfaits, fools, smoothies, etc.

CDC is recommending bottled water be kept on hand but I'll probably bypass as we normally use tap water and the delivery is pretty regular. Besides I just lucked out on a seltzer sale and have at least enough for a 2 week stock.
I went to the grocery store and bought 3 cans or corn and 3 cans of green beans, 3 zucchini. Then went to Walmart to get one of the cold meds that works for me. Luckily I did because there was only one box left.

I have been going through my pantry, cabinets and freezer and made a list on my iPad. I made a big pot of Albondiga soup (meatball soup) but I don’t think I can freeze it. I just need maybe two more cases of water

Gosh the first pic has me thinking of stock piling a bunch of Hersey Kisses!!! Yum!!
We've got canned tomatoes up the wahoo, but DH did not get any chocolate!😱

Chocolate should be at the top of any Doomsday preppers & CDC supply list. ::yes::

No doomsday prepping here. We sold Girl Scout cookies at Walmart this afternoon and all was normal.
Now that's something I might need to think about stockpiling... we're down to our last box of Thin Mints!

So all those Girl Scouts outside of Walmart are just doing the doomsday preppers a favor by having the chocolate thin mints at the front of the store. :scratchin :thumbsup2

We went today, DH and I (we are empty nest). He kept saying we didn't need this and that. Like was hardly wanting to put anything in the cart (except a box of wine and bag of Twizzlers). He didn't seem to get that I was stocking up a bit more than my usual. I usually go to store like every 3-4 days and get about $80-90 worth each trip. I tried to explain that I was aiming to get enough for like 10 days. He wasn't computing. But I just did my thing and we spent like $260. Then we get home and he puts a nice dent the Twizzlers and the Black Box wine. Guess I should have gotten 2 of those. (and shoulda grabbed some hershey kisses too cause man, for some reason, I am craving them right now)

Last edited:
For real - the only thing that I have truly learned about hurricane prep - buying the healthly stuff seems like a great idea - but when life sucks and you don't have power - all you want to eat is your comfort food and the great/unhealthy stuff - so stocking up on beans/corn is great - but what you want to eat is the peanut m&m's and the crackers and wine.

For real - the only thing that I have truly learned about hurricane prep - buying the healthly stuff seems like a great idea - but when life sucks and you don't have power - all you want to eat is your comfort food and the great/unhealthy stuff - so stocking up on beans/corn is great - but what you want to eat is the peanut m&m's and the crackers and wine.

For us it was hot food. The first few days we were fine with fruit & crudite platters and sandwiches and such. But it was nearly winter and we wanted warm food. When the town down from us got their power back before us we started driving out to buy take-out just for food that was hot! I think one of the first things we did when we got power back was make several batches of homemade soup. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter