AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Well i just went to check the fp availability for may and mde now says i don't have a ticket even though my ap expires 5/14. So I guess this hold on payments basically canceled everything. I'll call later this week
My ability to book fp through may 14 is back up

My AP expired March 31st and it's not showing up. I don't think we'll see it "back" until there is an opening date. I only had 2 weeks left when they closed, so once they re-open, I will only have 2 weeks to use the pass. I think I'll take the refund, but would be great if we can keep the option until we know when they will reopen.

Well after a couple of days of 'call back tomorrow, we don't have the options available yet', I think I will wait before I call back again. I do think option 2 of extending the dates (monthly plan) will work for us, but it would be nice if they would have the options available online to keep the calls to a minimum.

Any word on the refund options and where on the site they may post this info? I just received the Passholder email letting me know that details about the refund will be out soon.

Seriously Disney management does things backwards. After 40 min on hold I get to an agent
She explains that in my situation(pass expires May 14) I can just wait and the expiration date will be moved however many days the parks are closed and then after that when it's my date to renew I will still get the 15% discount
She further went into detail that the press and PR department hurried this announcement but that the agents cannot do anything right now because they still don't have the tools to give out the refunds if people still want the refunds.
We laughed about it because I know how Disney works and she was worried about all the calls she'll get today and she won't be able to really help as they don't have the details in order yet. She also told me "but hey, at least it's job security"
so if calling today be patient and know you might not be able to process the refunds today. She told me they are expecting to get the tools later today or tomorrow
Do you think that if you renew and get the 15% off, you get the new (whenever they decide the date) as your new expiration instead of renewing with existing expiration?

Do you think that if you renew and get the 15% off, you get the new (whenever they decide the date) as your new expiration instead of renewing with existing expiration?
It has to. The contract guarantees 365/366 days of ap (dependent on black out dates) We are losing all these days, they need to be added. I would be fine with them deducting ther number from the april black out dates since i have a gold ap.

Last edited:
An extension would be nice...except with our Gold Pass the added dates where we could we would be blacked out. What are the chances they might lift those restrictions?

An extension would be nice...except with our Gold Pass the added dates where we could we would be blacked out. What are the chances they might lift those restrictions?
The next block out dates for gold is December, i doubt they'll lift those

Likely when they reopen I'll be in a blockout period.
Maybe. Maybe not.
I'd not count on a lot of things being the way they were before, at least for awhile.

Has anyone heard anything more about the alternative option to having FL AP monthly payments refunded? I'd much prefer to just have my pass extended and keep paying once the parks reopen, but while they seem to be processing refunds "effective immediately," there's no information about how to chose the alternative? Anyone had any luck with V.I.Passholder Services or some information?

Has anyone heard anything more about the alternative option to having FL AP monthly payments refunded? I'd much prefer to just have my pass extended and keep paying once the parks reopen, but while they seem to be processing refunds "effective immediately," there's no information about how to chose the alternative? Anyone had any luck with V.I.Passholder Services or some information?
just called, the CM just made a note on my MDE account that I wished to have my ap extended instead of getting the refund
I was transferred to another dept because my AP expires May 14th and I was asking how I would be able to make fp, after being on hold for about 30 minutes, I was told to renew as usual if I wanted to have fp entitlements and once the parks reopen my renewal date would be extended for next year with the closed days added.
If I didn't need to make fps she advised just to wait until the parks reopen and days are added and I get a new renewal date this year
Hope all that made sense

call this number 18887014100

I just called and listened to the recording. So for monthly pass payment people, if we do nothing the date will be extended and the payments keep getting charged? Did I understand that correctly?

I just called and listened to the recording. So for monthly pass payment people, if we do nothing the date will be extended and the payments keep getting charged? Did I understand that correctly?
I would talk to someone so they can make a note on your amount

If you are a first year passholder with the monthly payment option (FL resident), be careful with the recent changes.

The updated information says that they will refund any monthly payments made between March 14th and April 4th. Any future payments will be suspended until the parks reopen. It also indicates that APs will not be extended and they will expire on their originally scheduled expiration date.

This is bad for us as a first year AP holder. We bought the Silver Florida Resident annual passes. We paid a $139 upfront down payment for each pass and then two days later were hit with the first payment of $34.48. I don't think renewals are subject to the upfront down payment. We were then left with 11 more payments of $34.48. The problem with this is that our pass is paid front end heavy. Our total price per pass was $552.74.

If you take the $552.74 and divide it by 12 months, you are paying $46.06 per month. However, let's just say the parks are closed for three months and I forgo the three payments and just expire as usual. I am then paying ($34.48 x 9) + $139 = $449.32.

If you take the $449.32 and divide it by the nine months that I would have access (if closed for three), then I am paying $49.92 per month. $4 a month may not seem like much, but multiply that by the nine months and it works out to almost a 10% premium in Disney's favor. Also, the longer they are closed the higher the extra amount per month we pay.

So if you are a monthly AP holder with monthly payment and paid a down payment up front (all first time APs do), then don't let them just expire your pass on the regular date. The only exception to this could be if you are out of work because of the current crisis and just need the cash and can't tack the payments on to the end.

If you are a first year passholder with the monthly payment option (FL resident), be careful with the recent changes.

The updated information says that they will refund any monthly payments made between March 14th and April 4th. Any future payments will be suspended until the parks reopen. It also indicates that APs will not be extended and they will expire on their originally scheduled expiration date.

This is bad for us as a first year AP holder. We bought the Silver Florida Resident annual passes. We paid a $139 upfront down payment for each pass and then two days later were hit with the first payment of $34.48. I don't think renewals are subject to the upfront down payment. We were then left with 11 more payments of $34.48. The problem with this is that our pass is paid front end heavy. Our total price per pass was $552.74.

If you take the $552.74 and divide it by 12 months, you are paying $46.06 per month. However, let's just say the parks are closed for three months and I forgo the three payments and just expire as usual. I am then paying ($34.48 x 9) + $139 = $449.32.

If you take the $449.32 and divide it by the nine months that I would have access (if closed for three), then I am paying $49.92 per month. $4 a month may not seem like much, but multiply that by the nine months and it works out to almost a 10% premium in Disney's favor. Also, the longer they are closed the higher the extra amount per month we pay.

So if you are a monthly AP holder with monthly payment and paid a down payment up front (all first time APs do), then don't let them just expire your pass on the regular date. The only exception to this could be if you are out of work because of the current crisis and just need the cash and can't tack the payments on to the end.
there are 2 options
You can either get a refund for the March payment and freeze payments until park reopens and continue paying with no addition to the days they were closed
OR
you can call and have them not refund March, they are already freezing April and beyond payment until park reopens and then continue paying with the addition of the days the parks were closed

I am so confused by this. My son's silver pass expired on 4/11. Is there a benefit to me renewing now be later? I pay in full

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter