AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

there are 2 options
You can either get a refund for the March payment and freeze payments until park reopens and continue paying with no addition to the days they were closed
OR
you can call and have them not refund March, they are already freezing April and beyond payment until park reopens and then continue paying with the addition of the days the parks were closed
I am aware of that. Just pointing out not to take the automatic option, which is advantage Disney. I will be calling tomorrow telling them I want to extend our expiration dates.

My monthly billing charges on the 10th, so I am not eligible for the March refund. We have not been charged for April obviously. But I would like to extend our dates, we expire in October. I'll call tomorrow.

My paid in full AP expires June 9. If they are closed for 2 months, I could get approximately $200 refunded (I think) and keep my original expiration or have my pass extended to August 9 and then renew at the discounted rate saving about $260. It seems like my best option may be to take the refund and renew my pass keeping the original expiration date saving me $460. Does that make sense? It seems like I'm missing something.

Do we have to decide if we want a refund now or can we wait until we have a reopening date? In theory we want to expiration date extended but at some point we may end up not having the time to visit.

I just called and chose option 2 on my monthly pass to extend the date. Very nice CM on the phone and they will walk through all the options. She also said while no official decision yet, that they are discussing the blockout dates.

Has anyone who paid in full called yet to see what money back has been offered?

I called tonight. She noted I wanted a refund but none will be given out until the park actually reopens so they know how many days to refund for I assume. My passes expire on May 29th. So, if they stay closed till then I assume I would receive a refund for 73 days.

I hope we don’t have to make the choice before they announce a reopen date. my choice will depend on dates. If this will extend my pass out toward Nov Dec 2020 I might take the extension. If I only get an extra 60 days then I won’t be able to squeeze in another visit.

I need to get some research done on this. Was told in chat, that they’d process a refund for a fla res pass. And I know we won’t visit till 21.
Thx for reminder!

We are crunching these numbers. As non residents timing will be the deciding factor. It all depends when they reopen. My daughter is leaning towards a refund. She would like to just put it towards new passes that work better around summer trips. We moved our 2 trips to mid August, but not optimistic. If the trips involves closures and social distancing we will probably cancel and try again summer 2021.

My paid in full AP expires June 9. If they are closed for 2 months, I could get approximately $200 refunded (I think) and keep my original expiration or have my pass extended to August 9 and then renew at the discounted rate saving about $260. It seems like my best option may be to take the refund and renew my pass keeping the original expiration date saving me $460. Does that make sense? It seems like I'm missing something.

The $260 is not part of the equation when picking which option, because you will get the same savings if you do NOT get the refund, whenever you renew.

As for the $200, it is money in your pocket, but unless you really need the cash now, if you are going to renew anyway, it's not "better" than those two months of your AP, unless you would not use the AP during those two extra months.

My out of state AP expires the end of February. I could take the $200 (if that is what it turns out to be), and renew within the proper time for a February expiration, or NOT get the refund, and not have to renew until the end of April. For me, if things are back to "normal" by then, that will cover my usually busy spring break season, so it's a much better option.

So I guess it boils down to the timing of your future trips, whether the extra two months on the pass is worth that value to you. If you don't plan to visit those two months, then absolutely, take the refund. But it's not a clearcut "savings".

there are 2 options
You can either get a refund for the March payment and freeze payments until park reopens and continue paying with no addition to the days they were closed
OR
you can call and have them not refund March, they are already freezing April and beyond payment until park reopens and then continue paying with the addition of the days the parks were closed
I called this morning and was given the same information.

I opted to keep my March payment and get my pass extended.

The $260 is not part of the equation when picking which option, because you will get the same savings if you do NOT get the refund, whenever you renew.

As for the $200, it is money in your pocket, but unless you really need the cash now, if you are going to renew anyway, it's not "better" than those two months of your AP, unless you would not use the AP during those two extra months.

My out of state AP expires the end of February. I could take the $200 (if that is what it turns out to be), and renew within the proper time for a February expiration, or NOT get the refund, and not have to renew until the end of April. For me, if things are back to "normal" by then, that will cover my usually busy spring break season, so it's a much better option.

So I guess it boils down to the timing of your future trips, whether the extra two months on the pass is worth that value to you. If you don't plan to visit those two months, then absolutely, take the refund. But it's not a clearcut "savings".

Thanks for walking through these. I'm out of state as well, and there's very little chance I will visit between June and August so it seems like that may be the deciding factor. I guess the other option could be to take the refund, not renew at all, and just purchase a new AP once I decide when my first trip back will be, especially if I don't think it will be this year.

How would you calculate the amount you would get on an annual pass (out of state)?
We had purchased the voucher for AP at the disney store a few years ago so it was a significant savings over the price of an AP when we activated it last spring.
So wondering if the refund would be based on current price or the price we paid when we purchased the voucher?
We would have had about 10 weeks left on our pass.
We had our March 8 trip cancelled due to park closure.

I called this morning and was given the same information.

I opted to keep my March payment and get my pass extended.

I may be wrong but when I saw Universal is stopping monthly AP payments I called and was told they will restart the payments when the park reopens and also extending your pass for the number of days the park was closed.when the park reopens.

For all of us Floridians who pay on our annual passes monthly, has anyone received the promised refunds from Disney yet for the payments they made March 14th through April 4th?

As of this writing my family has not so I thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone else has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter