April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

I had a long chat with my guide. Was considering adding on points on my June UY that doesn’t currently have any direct points. For OKW he said I would get 2023 points, I could sell them back for MB if I wanted.
Do you think you will go with OKW?

Do you think you will go with OKW?
Not sure. I’m already in crushing dues bill territory and there is a list of other silly reasons I’m debating on OKW vs more VDH. It’s crazy but the deals right now are better than when VDH first went on sale last year….

Silly reasons for not going OKW include not wanting to have to collect yet another resort specific mug and tote to complete the things I like to collect (as a side note I just got the Grand Cal mug today to complete the collection), and not adding yet another resort image to my signature to spam this forum even more.

In the yes just do it column for OKW is, it seems like a charming resort and wow just wow that Grand Villa point chart makes me jealous. If the RVA GV had the same point chart I’d never leave :)

I had a long chat with my guide. Was considering adding on points on my June UY that doesn’t currently have any direct points. For OKW he said I would get 2023 points, I could sell them back for MB if I wanted.
So, at 300p you’re at $115pp… or direct is essentially the same as resale but with more resorts and membership extras…. the way DVC is supposed to be….

If they would have done this sale for Aulani….

Not sure. I’m already in crushing dues bill territory and there is a list of other silly reasons I’m debating on OKW vs more VDH. It’s crazy but the deals right now are better than when VDH first went on sale last year….

Silly reasons for not going OKW include not wanting to have to collect yet another resort specific mug and tote to complete the things I like to collect (as a side note I just got the Grand Cal mug today to complete the collection), and not adding yet another resort image to my signature to spam this forum even more.

In the yes just do it column for OKW is, it seems like a charming resort and wow just wow that Grand Villa point chart makes me jealous. If the RVA GV had the same point chart I’d never leave :)
Yeh, having to get another mug and tote is probably a deal breaker 😂

I know what you mean about those GV points charts. The thought of big family holidays in those is really making me consider it.

So, at 300p you’re at $115pp… or direct is essentially the same as resale but with more resorts and membership extras…. the way DVC is supposed to be….

Ugh I’m so not in the place to purchase 300pts with those dues but man I feel like I’m going to regret not going for this…but then I think what if they do this with another resort in the next few months (omg imagine CCV?)…but then, what if it never gets better than this.

Nice job DVC you got me questioning my sanity and making me consider direct OKW and 300 points at that, damn it!

Sorry to be so redundant, but just to clarify your guide said they do have points for OKW with June use year and 2023 points? I was playing phone tag with my guide today, so never got to talk with him, but I would be pretty interested in this!

I have to feel like at 7 months we could get some of the less in demand rooms at other resorts (1BR OV at Aulani and 1 BR preferred view at RIV are actually two of our favorites) so this has me really thinking it could be a good option for booking a variety of the less in demand rooms at that seven month mark…..

This would work at least as of today. Not sure anyone would want to risk the small margins quickly evaporating if the market moves:

1) Buy 1000 points split into 5 contracts at ~$98 pp after closing costs

2) Immediately resell 4 of them for $115 pp each, netting $104 after commission

You’d keep the last one and have paid about $74 pp on it.

I am very very close to pulling the trigger on this...talked to my guide today and even the deposit he said I could spread out over four payments in total. So could do deposit in April/May/June/July in 25% chunks...gives me time to sell off a few resale contracts to balance the cost and get the direct benefits.

Is this that bad of an idea? I really don't think so.....I like Riv, but at the same time - I only need 150 direct points - I have my Poly points resale and I am very happy with them - and 150 points at Riv does not go far.

I love the poly tower idea, but it will not qualify for MB in that first year and I am expecting the incentives to be almost nothing...

This all comes as my Incredipass for a family of 5 renews on July 30th...and Sorcerer saves me $1,900 per year for my family versus the Incredipass....

I'm in trouble.....I guess OKW here I come? thoughts?

😊Agree.

Comparing my purchase of 200 points in January 2024 to this offer, the savings would be $900. Now starting at $225 vs $217 per point in January.
I'm comparing to mine too from back in November LOL. Tbf though I would not have received 2023 UY points though had I waited and I actually need the 2024 points so I guess it all worked out.

This would work at least as of today. Not sure anyone would want to risk the small margins quickly evaporating if the market moves:

1) Buy 1000 points split into 5 contracts at ~$98 pp after closing costs

2) Immediately resell 4 of them for $115 pp each, netting $104 after commission

You’d keep the last one and have paid about $74 pp on it.
The arbitrage is especially attractive for people who don’t already have a blue card…but I think it would work about as well with 600, keep one 150-200 point contract, and then sell off 4 smaller (higher price per point) resale contracts.

I'm comparing to mine too from back in November LOL. Tbf though I would not have received 2023 UY points though had I waited and I actually need the 2024 points so I guess it all worked out.
I think Disney is deliberately trying to thread the needle between “good enough discounts to shift resale buyers to direct for the blue card” and “sales so good you regret buying earlier and swear off buying again at anything higher than fire sale prices” or worse “well, we’ve seen multiple premier properties going for less than $175 lately, so maybe we don’t pull the trigger on Poly Tower pre-sale and hope it comes down below $200 by winter.”

This is going to be one of those things I am kicking myself over later but the timing just doesn't line up for me. I already own resale at OKW (not extended) and they are SAP+ points. I know I will be at OKW only soon enough with that contract. I have been contemplating Poly resale or direct. Big check coming next spring when I retire.

I am content with what I have. I am content with what I have. I am aaaaahhhhhhhh
James Earl Jones voice: She was in fact NOT content with what she had. Muahahaha.

Last edited:

DVC continues to prove over and over again they do not care about selling out Aulani. When they price RIV lower than Aulani it really says a lot lol.

Last edited:
The thoughts going through my head right now:

I’m looking at 200 pts, which would get me a 1BR for almost any time of year at OKW, or a studio almost any time of year at RIV.

But, we don’t travel regularly with anyone other than the two of us, so do we need a 1BR?

But, 1BR and a kitchen and laundry in the room makes it more comfortable to be there and likely will save us money vs having to eat on-property all the time.

But, OKW 1BR isn’t really hard to get at 7 months for most of the year so I could go with RIV which will I think will probably tighten up on availability when it sells out and still stay at OKW or another resort with easy 7 month access if I wanted to do that.

But, if I’m not sure I’ll be staying at RIV because of the higher points charts, cheaper points at OKW might make more sense.

But, dues at OKW are higher and likely to grow faster than at RIV so in the long run RIV points probably aren’t that much more expensive.

But, OKW points on resale aren’t restricted and may hold value better as a result

But, I like RIV location better in the long run

But poly tower location I might like even more and maybe I should wait to see what that looks like

But if I wait OKW will likely become unavailable before enough details are known.

But, RIV will be, and I like RIV too.

Etc…..

Arg!

Didn’t they already have the Aulani fire sale? I can’t remember when but feels like within the last two years, Aulani was going for something like $133/point direct.

I wasn’t in the market for Aulani points back then (I was young and foolish) but even that price made me sit up and think a bit.

Didn’t they already have the Aulani fire sale? I can’t remember when but feels like within the last two years, Aulani was going for something like $133/point direct.

I wasn’t in the market for Aulani points back then (I was young and foolish) but even that price made me sit up and think a bit.
They did I think in Spring 2022. Even so like.. it's been on the market for 12 years now and it seems like they're going to let it crawl to the finish line lol

Last edited:
They did I think in Spring 2022. Even so though like.. it's been on the market for 12 years now and it seems like they're going to let it crawl to the finish line lol
Ah yes, I found the late winter 2021 thread I was thinking of. Spring 2022 would line up with that as well. Wow. Time flies! But that was a good deal for Aulani. I couldn’t get past the dues, and still can’t, as amazing as the resort is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter