April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

I was planning on 200 points but decided to go with 250. The extra 50 points to go from 200 to 250 are 128/pt.

Riviera cost per point for various point totals Ignoring closing costs and using MB:
100 = 188/pt
150 = 178/pt
200 = 173/pt
250 = 164/pt
500 = 158/pt
So you can get MB on 100 points?

For those looking...I was able to split the 20% down over 4 payments, so w Disney Visa each carries 6 months no interest - then dues / payments do not start until after it closes in July-ish.

I did not know you could split it over 4 payments like that - thought that was pretty dang good.

By then - hoping to have a few of my resale contracts sold to balance out my financial universe.

Your dues will not be charged to you to pay until after it closes, but what you will owe will be prorated from the date you sign the contract.

So, if you bought today, then that is when the calculation will begin. However, you won’t see it billed to you until after the contract has officially closed.

The spreading out of payments does not reduce the dues bill, buy rather gives you extra time to pay those as well.

They took the closing costs + the 20% down and that total was split up into four equal payments. Payment 1 was charged today and the rest happen automatically every month. After 4 months, the down payment is done and then the loan is "closed." That is when dues begin and loan payments begin - after that so in July basically.

The points are available today as are all the member benefits.
Did you take the loan through Disney? I’m curious what the interest rate is lately for both direct and resale.

Your dues will not be charged to you to pay until after it closes, but what you will owe will be prorated from the date you sign the contract.

So, if you bought today, then that is when the calculation will begin. However, you won’t see it billed to you until after the contract has officially closed.

The spreading out of payments does not reduce the dues bill, buy rather gives you extra time to pay those as well.
Correct yup. We go down next week. So now we can add a trip to TOTW lounge and get the Sorcerer AP renewal price. Hence the now timing versus waiting.

They took the closing costs + the 20% down and that total was split up into four equal payments. Payment 1 was charged today and the rest happen automatically every month. After 4 months, the down payment is done and then the loan is "closed." That is when dues begin and loan payments begin - after that so in July basically.

The points are available today as are all the member benefits.
Was 20% down the required amount down if financing with a loan, or did you just choose that amount? That’s nice they let you stretch that over 4 months.

Edit: Also, who was your guide? I’ve never worked with one and would like a good recommendation.

Was 20% down the required amount down if financing with a loan, or did you just choose that amount? That’s nice they let you stretch that over 4 months.

Edit: Also, who was your guide? I’ve never worked with one and would like a good recommendation.

20% was not required, but 20% got you a lower rate on the loan. 10% was also an option.

My DVC guide is Tony Capetillo - he is awesome - every trip (all on my resale points for the record) I would get a call the week of with him wishing us all a great trip and he has helped us with stuff as well....its those little things that make a difference....never pushy...willing to talk through things...really nice human.

I was planning on 200 points but decided to go with 250. The extra 50 points to go from 200 to 250 are 128/pt.

Riviera cost per point for various point totals Ignoring closing costs and using MB:
100 = 188/pt
150 = 178/pt
200 = 173/pt
250 = 164/pt
500 = 158/pt

Hi!

This is for Member Add-On right?

Is the Welcome Home for 500 points $15,000?

Thanks

100 = 188/pt
150 = 178/pt
200 = 173/pt
250 = 164/pt
500 = 158/pt
Isn’t the 100 points ineligible for MB, and therefore 208/pt?

I’m doing the DVC Member Lighthouse Charter Cruise in June, and just received this email:

We can’t wait to welcome you home aboard the spectacular Disney Magic during your upcoming 2024 Member “First Wave” Sailing to Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point. This 5-night cruise is sure to be unforgettable as you experience the spirit and culture of The Bahamas, including a visit to the all-new island retreat from Disney Cruise LineDisney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

In celebration of our valued Members, Disney Vacation Club® would like to share a limited-time Add On Offer for Members sailing on this Member-exclusive voyage to The Bahamas.

Enjoy incredible savings at select Resorts, including The Villas at Disneyland® Hotel, Disney’s Riviera Resort, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, and more.​
Starting today, you can save the following on select Disney Vacation Club Resorts:​
•​
Add On 150 Vacation Points and save up to $5,550
•​
Add On 200 Vacation Points and save up to $9,800
•​
Add On 250 Vacation Points and save up to $12,500
•​
Other savings available at other point tiers​
Don’t miss out – these savings are extremely limited, so speak with a sales Cast Member today to avoid the rush on the ship!

*Terms apply, see offer details below.​

I’m doing the DVC Member Lighthouse Charter Cruise in June, and just received this email:

We can’t wait to welcome you home aboard the spectacular Disney Magic during your upcoming 2024 Member “First Wave” Sailing to Disney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point. This 5-night cruise is sure to be unforgettable as you experience the spirit and culture of The Bahamas, including a visit to the all-new island retreat from Disney Cruise LineDisney Lookout Cay at Lighthouse Point!

In celebration of our valued Members, Disney Vacation Club® would like to share a limited-time Add On Offer for Members sailing on this Member-exclusive voyage to The Bahamas.

Enjoy incredible savings at select Resorts, including The Villas at Disneyland® Hotel, Disney’s Riviera Resort, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, and more.​

Starting today, you can save the following on select Disney Vacation Club Resorts:​

•​
•​
•​
•​

Don’t miss out – these savings are extremely limited, so speak with a sales Cast Member today to avoid the rush on the ship!

Is that just promoting the same offers, or are those terms more generous for cruisers?

•​
•​
•​
•​

Appears to give you an extra 1500 off over the normal current member incentives.

20% was not required, but 20% got you a lower rate on the loan. 10% was also an option.

My DVC guide is Tony Capetillo - he is awesome - every trip (all on my resale points for the record) I would get a call the week of with him wishing us all a great trip and he has helped us with stuff as well....its those little things that make a difference....never pushy...willing to talk through things...really nice human.
Tony is our guide as well and helped us buy into Riviera while were there over New Years. He's called several times to make sure things were going well and called before our Spring Break trip to ask if we needed anything. Love working with him and would highly recommend!!

I am a newbie to DVC (waiting on ROFR for contract sent 3/20) and just spent a couple of hours catching up on this thread. I had been reading other threads and it seemed to me that most resale owners are very happy with their decision (and savings) of buying resale. But now that I read this, it seems a lot of owners think being hybrid is best and I'm getting FOMO big time!
We had considered buying direct at RIV for a long time, but ultimately I couldn't justify spending so much on that when I could do resale. So we went for a 150pt contract at BWV since we love the Epcot area and didn't want all the restrictions of RIV resale. And up to a few days ago I was very happy with that. Now I am wondering if we should buy a 150pt direct contract at RIV still because, hey, we will always find a way to spend the extra points! But I have a lot of questions, and would like to have a full understanding before giving this further consideration.

1. Who is eligible for the "Welcome Home Additional Credit"?
2. Can anyone take advantage of the Magical Beginnings?
3. Can you get direct benefits if you buy 3 direct 50pt contracts at different times? Or does it have to be a one time 150pt contract?
4. Someone in here mentioned not being able to get the Sorcerer's Pass after buying direct; is this because of Disney not offering them all the time? Or are there other restrictions?

And other random questions...
5. What are SAP/SAP+ points?
6. I read a lot of comments about booking at 11mo and then switch at 7mo. Is this just people not wanting to stay at their home resort? Or are there other reasons for this?

Thanks for your help as I'm earning my ears :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter