Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the average price in my city for a house is 620k, and most are over 100 years old. The only way I'll ever be a home owner here is if I win the lottery. Sigh.

Only $620k.

Here it's like $850k. I need ALL my relatives to die and leave me inheritances. Or, win the lottery. 😆

Only $620k.

Here it's like $850k. I need ALL my relatives to die and leave me inheritances. Or, win the lottery. 😆

Lol. I feel like we're quickly heading in that direction here. I thought the pandemic would slow home sales and finally get prices on the downward trajectory, but it's done the opposite. Craziness!

Last edited:

Yeah, the average price in my city for a house is 620k, and most are over 100 years old. The only way I'll ever be a home owner here is if I win the lottery. Sigh.
Only $620k.

I made the mistake of looking at the average price of a single family house in my city. :crazy2:

VICTORIA -- Those who are looking to purchase a single-family home in the Greater Victoria area should be prepared after a recent rise in prices.

The average cost of a single-family home in the Greater Victoria area exceeded $1 million in June, according to the Victoria Real Estate Board (VREB).

In May, the average cost of a similar home was $875,938, according to the VREB. Last year, in June 2019, the average was $867,312.

While the average cost of a single-family home was $1,014,746 last month, the real estate board says that the median cost of the 399 houses sold in June was $865,750.

Average cost of over $1M, I just cannot wrap my head around that! I am so thankful that we bought our home before the prices skyrocketed, I have no idea how younger people just starting out are going to be able to get into the housing market.

In 2018 the average price was around $600,000, as of today there is exactly 1 listing for sale under $500,000 and that is for a float home with maintenance/moorage fees of over $1000/month!

I have watched a few of their Disney videos, usually resort tours of things like the treehouses or CC cabins that don’t get toured a lot. I can’t say I don’t like them. I guess I am kind of indifferent. I think it’s just a personality thing. There are other Disney vloggers (especially from the DIS) that are a better personality fit for me. I wouldn’t want to do it. It’s one thing to go to the parks when you want to, and a whole different thing to go because it’s your job. A good vlogger makes it look easy, but I am sure it’s anything but.

I have watched a few of their Disney videos, usually resort tours of things like the treehouses or CC cabins that don’t get toured a lot. I can’t say I don’t like them. I guess I am kind of indifferent. I think it’s just a personality thing. There are other Disney vloggers (especially from the DIS) that are a better personality fit for me. I wouldn’t want to do it. It’s one thing to go to the parks when you want to, and a whole different thing to go because it’s your job. A good vlogger makes it look easy, but I am sure it’s anything but.

I agree, I definitely wouldn't want to do it either. I still watch their Disney vlogs and I do find Tim's goofiness entertaining. There are things about them that annoy me like I've mentioned, but we're all human and I'm sure if I was a vlogger I would annoy some people too.

That should make their road trips more interesting when they can't find a charging station.
Corvettes are still cooler. :cool2:
Teslas are actually great road trip cars. You can road trip across the country and you'll always be routed to a supercharger when you need it and there are plenty of them so you'll never be out of range of one. Plus, while you're charging you can watch Netflix, Youtube, or play video games on the touchscreen while you wait.

Lol. I feel like we're quickly heading in that direction here. I thought the pandemic would slow home sales and finally get prices on the downward trajectory, but it's done the opposite. Craziness!
I think there is still a chance we will see a drop next year. The fact that pretty much any homeowner could take mortgage forbearance kept the inventory low. The ones that were thinking of selling could now wait out the pandemic if they don't want strangers walking through their house and the ones that lost jobs could basically pause their payments and didn't need to hurry and sell.

Cars that cost more than the median household income will look extravagant to the majority of Americans. Everyone doesn't live in fancy pants neighborhoods.

And I say this as someone who has a neighbor with a Murcielago. :lmao:

I don’t know what they have, but the most popular Tesla model is $40K, and median HHI is $60K. It’s not actually that far over the average new car price these days and only costs ~3cents per mile to charge to boot.

Like being prejudice, you can be judgemental with and without having tattoos.
Karin1984: There must be plenty of ppl with bad judgment who are not inked up. Then again, there are plenty of archetypically sensible ppl such as grandmothers who happen to have gone for inkings. (I'm sure it must be so also in The Netherlands.)

Anytime my wife or I call one of our boys buddy we call each other Jen or Tim. I find the trackers to be the most disingenuous people on YouTube and that’s saying a lot. I’m not one for picking on people but I do watch the occasional Florida Resident Edit video and laugh my tail off.

We've watched them on and off for years now, I noticed most of the people who really dislike them seem to consider them sell outs, at its core it seems to be that they found them relatable when they were a younger couple with less money/income, but as the channel and maybe other things out side the channel has picked up and they are doing better for themselves those same viewers are now filled with envy. The really sad thing is they seem to have just moved up to a relatively normal middle class life.

We've watched them on and off for years now, I noticed most of the people who really dislike them seem to consider them sell outs, at its core it seems to be that they found them relatable when they were a younger couple with less money/income, but as the channel and maybe other things out side the channel has picked up and they are doing better for themselves those same viewers are now filled with envy. The really sad thing is they seem to have just moved up to a relatively normal middle class life.
Stans and fans will defend forever - but their older videos when they were in their 30s show when this was a hobby they were their genuine selves and fun to watch. Now in their 40s they just stage a lot of videos. I have no envy - I just think they are lazy and fake. They rarely ride rides - rarely show anything new in parks, and it’s clear when they are at parks they are working - it’s never spontaneous and they never seem to have fun. Lots of other creators are having fun, hustling and putting out better products. Morrow, pcdev, Kyle pallo, jojo to name a few.

I’ve been watching their new Smyrna beach videos and I like them a lot. I also like some of their other staycation videos. My expectations aren’t terribly high and I’d go to the places that they highlight.
I actually find them to be pretty relatable, and that kid is stinkin’ cute.

Stans and fans will defend forever - but their older videos when they were in their 30s show when this was a hobby they were their genuine selves and fun to watch. Now in their 40s they just stage a lot of videos. I have no envy - I just think they are lazy and fake. They rarely ride rides - rarely show anything new in parks, and it’s clear when they are at parks they are working - it’s never spontaneous and they never seem to have fun. Lots of other creators are having fun, hustling and putting out better products. Morrow, pcdev, Kyle pallo, jojo to name a few.
Personally, I found the first 30 seconds of this video from PCDev to be egregiously fake (room "reveal" reaction filmed by multiple cameras set up on tripods inside the room):

I only mention this because Dev was on your list.

I followed them for about a year before the baby. I enjoyed their videos, but definitely didn’t look to them for knowledge or food reviews (I already know I don’t want the burger). After the baby I stopped watching when they would go somewhere and Tim would film the kid instead of the attraction. I’m watching to see rides, shows, attractions, food, hotels, etc. if you’re just going to film your baby’s first experience, I’m out.

I can definitely see how they have found what works and adjusted as they've grown but I don't find it "fake" and I don't believe they try and mislead anyone. Like any other channel the content is what it is and anyone can simply skip around the videos or avoid the channel entirely if they like, I don't understand hating on any of them.

Also just a side note I don't think either of them is over 40 yet and running a popular YouTube channel takes a lot of work and I couldn't call even my least favorite youtubers lazy.

I can definitely see how they have found what works and adjusted as they've grown but I don't find it "fake" and I don't believe they try and mislead anyone. Like any other channel the content is what it is and anyone can simply skip around the videos or avoid the channel entirely if they like, I don't understand hating on any of them.

Also just a side note I don't think either of them is over 40 yet and running a popular YouTube channel takes a lot of work and I couldn't call even my least favorite youtubers lazy.
Stans and fans defend forever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter