Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

We're still counting down the days but I am worried the other way - the parks will be flooded with the folks from March - May and the lines will be outrageous especially with the special deals being offered.

We have late August booked (then have a 4 day cruise). Haven't cancelled but not feeling too positive about it. If things turn around and things open up and we feel safe, then we'll go. It's wait and see.

I feel exactly the same.
Not cancelling until I need to. Really hoping we will still be able to go in August but won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen.
Just waiting and seeing...which is really hard to do!

Late August early September also...I think we are good for WDW...not sure about the cruise part though
Same. We have a 3 day Dream cruise book ended with stays in Cocoa Beach and OKW Aug 22-29. OKW is booked on points, cruise is booked (not PIF yet as they pushed the PIF date out to late June) and airfare already booked. I'm holding out hope for the trip for sure, but still trying to be realistic that it may not happen. Cautiously optimistic?
Also have airfare booked. Not even sure if we cancel the cruise but still go to Disney (and extend the trip as it's only 4 days at the park)...or cancel all together. Or happy path...everything is a go.

I feel exactly the same.
Not cancelling until I need to. Really hoping we will still be able to go in August but won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen.
Just waiting and seeing...which is really hard to do!
Yes exactly. I have to admit though that I've put a halt on my FastPass research. I'm a big pre-planner who analyzes all the rides and figures out the best park strategy and FP for booking (and so much has changed since our last trip). I should get back to it though just in case. Still plan on booking them if we are still unsure on our FP+ date (end of June for us).

I'm glad there are some of us that are still hopeful. I am trying to remain positive. It seems that most of my extended family members have dropped out of planning for August 2020. They are not interested in taking the chance especially since they have never been before so they have no idea as to what they are missing. My immediate household is still holding onto hope. Here are my thoughts/plans:
I am thinking about flying into Orlando on Wednesday 8/12. Now here is the thing....I am thinking of checking into a standard hotel with breakfast included from 8/12 thru 8/15. Then stay at a resort from 8/15 -8/22.(Westgate Vacation Villas). Then Orange Lake (North/ West) 8/22-8/29 & 8/29 - 9/5. Because I am remaining optimistic and still moving forward with my plans I took notice of something. For my hotel stay 8/12 - 8/15 I have noticed that many hotels are accepting reservations AND free cancellations. I also notice how many are extending an offer to pay at the hotel when you stay instead of taking a deposit and/or asking for it all upfront. So I am really considering doing this. I am thinking to book and lock in my rate because something tells me there may be price increases to recover some of their lost revenue. OR...there may be price drops to lure people back in. If prices go up, my rates are locked in. If prices go down, I can always cancel and rebook? Am I putting too much thought into this? I am being TOO optimistic? What are your thoughts?

I'm glad there are some of us that are still hopeful. I am trying to remain positive. It seems that most of my extended family members have dropped out of planning for August 2020. They are not interested in taking the chance especially since they have never been before so they have no idea as to what they are missing. My immediate household is still holding onto hope. Here are my thoughts/plans:
I am thinking about flying into Orlando on Wednesday 8/12. Now here is the thing....I am thinking of checking into a standard hotel with breakfast included from 8/12 thru 8/15. Then stay at a resort from 8/15 -8/22.(Westgate Vacation Villas). Then Orange Lake (North/ West) 8/22-8/29 & 8/29 - 9/5. Because I am remaining optimistic and still moving forward with my plans I took notice of something. For my hotel stay 8/12 - 8/15 I have noticed that many hotels are accepting reservations AND free cancellations. I also notice how many are extending an offer to pay at the hotel when you stay instead of taking a deposit and/or asking for it all upfront. So I am really considering doing this. I am thinking to book and lock in my rate because something tells me there may be price increases to recover some of their lost revenue. OR...there may be price drops to lure people back in. If prices go up, my rates are locked in. If prices go down, I can always cancel and rebook? Am I putting too much thought into this? I am being TOO optimistic? What are your thoughts?

Honestly, if there aren't any penalties for cancellations, why not make some plans and put something on the books to dream about? I'd book if I were in your shoes, knowing it might not actually happen, but it doesn't hurt to be a little optimistic and dream a bit!

I'm holding out hope for our trip scheduled for the last week in August. We rescheduled from the first week in May, since that's obviously not happening. If August gets canceled, I guess we'll just reschedule to next year. I'm really hoping things are clear by then, though!

We didn't get to go to Florida last year. It was the first year we missed since since DD was 1 year old. She is now 13. So I am long overdue for a Florida vacation. Some of you know how badly I wanted to go rent a home in Florida for a month and be in quarantine there instead of here in NJ. So who besides me, is hoping all of this will be behind us by June so we can move forward with our July/August Vacation Plans. If we have to cancel, I am going to need to find a support group to get me thru the separation anxiety.

I am still holding onto hope of having an August vacation in the midst of all of this COVID-19 stuff. I have continuing to make vacation plans for August (8/12 -8/29 or possibly 8/12-9/5). We planned to do a 14 day unlimited admission tickets for SeaWorld/Aquatica/Busch Gardens/Adventure Island. We always stay at timeshare resorts for the space and convenience. So far I have found owners to rent from for the 2 weeks we will be there. I plan to stay at Orange Lake Resort for a week, Westgate Vacation Villas for a week. I will need another place for 8/29 - 9/5 if we can extend our stay. I know I will find something. I may be able to spend 2 weeks at either Orange Lake or Westgate, which will be fine since I can't get enough of either one. For those of you who are familiar with my posts, you know I prefer the timeshare resorts over hotels. I love having a condo size unit with full living room, dining room and full kitchen. I love to sit out on my balcony with a cup of coffee while watching the sun come up. I also like to sit on my balcony after the kids are in bed and enjoy a relaxing and refreshing umbrella drink while enjoying the view. Needless to say, having a jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom is a huge plus. After spending a day walking in the parks, a jacuzzi tub is definitely a plus In 2018 we went to SeaWorld and had a blast. My DD13 enjoys thrill rides and I enjoy the scenery and atmosphere of SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Also, Waterparks are a "MUST DO" when traveling in August so the included admission to Aquatica and Adventure Island come in pretty handy. The 14 day unlimited ticket include parking so there is no extra expense. I thought my DD13 wanted to go to Disney this year since we haven't been to Disney in about 4 years. To my surprise she would rather go back to SeaWorld again. When she was 9 we went to Disney and I dressed her up like Tiana. There were people who thought she was the REAL little girl version Tiana character. I little boy from the UK wanted to his mom to ask her to sign his autograph book. HOW CUTE!!!! Now she is 5'5, and if I could dress her up like Tiana, Disney may want to hire her. She really can look like the REAL character. Anyway, share your story about your July/August vacation plans. I am sure we are all hoping this COVID-19 will be over and we can go.
Tamara,
Your story about your DD warmed my heart! I am in NJ as well. Very scary here. We run the marathon every January, and I can't imagine being in the corral with thousands of people. We are also booked on the Magic out of NY to Bermuda in Oct. I just pray things get better I am sending you and your Beautiful Tianna a virtual hug!! BE SAFE!!

Have our 9 night Yacht Club stay starting July 2nd booked and no plans to cancel unless they make me. We put it on the Disney credit card for the points and then paid it off so no idea how they'd refund us lol. I bought 1700$ worth of gift cards for food and stuff that are on the counter lol. We're GOING to WDW this year dangit.

Be hopeful for a 2021 opening Disney won’t open 2020 and if it does it will be a soft open they won’t fully open.

this isn’t going away in 4 months lol they thought this was going to go away the 1st of April lol

be ready for the long haul

Tamara,
Your story about your DD warmed my heart! I am in NJ as well. Very scary here. We run the marathon every January, and I can't imagine being in the corral with thousands of people. We are also booked on the Magic out of NY to Bermuda in Oct. I just pray things get better I am sending you and your Beautiful Tianna a virtual hug!! BE SAFE!!

Thanks Donna. I appreciate your kind words about my DD. She is a truly magical and positive personality. She has high self-esteem and wants everyone around her to have it for themselves too. She cracks me up when she quotes phrases in the movie. Something about "why didn't you tell me my gumbo was burning". She says that in all kinds of situations and it's hilarious. She loves line dancing and most of them she learned at timeshare resorts we stayed at in Florida Anyway, I always wanted her to teach me "The Same "Ole Two Step" line dance. So one day we were at Walmart at the Deli Counter and it was crowded. She says "come on Mom, I am going to teach you Same Ole Two Step while we wait. She puts the song on her phone and starts right there at the Deli Counter. After 10 minutes or so, she had other people joining in. Now, here is the kicker....there was an older gentleman on one of the riding carts. He got off the cart and joined in for a minute too. :laughing: I'm not surprised....it's just her personality that draws people in!!!!!

Be hopeful for a 2021 opening Disney won’t open 2020 and if it does it will be a soft open they won’t fully open.

I’ll take a resort only opening for mid-August. I’m fine with no parks during our trip. My husband is a frontline worker (and he is obviously working a lot right now). Due to his job, he is living in a camper (given to us for this purpose by some amazing neighbors) to limit the risks of him bringing it home. My girls somewhat understand this whole pandemic but they’re very young so they are struggling with why they can only see their father via FaceTime or through glass doors. I’m working from home with a 4 year old and a first grader who needs to do 3-4 hours of “distance learning”. As we enter week 5 here of stay at home orders in CT, my family desperately needs a family vacation.

I would never travel to WDW in July or August. Heats is just too much for me. But Im definitely holding out for our late September trip!

I would never travel to WDW in July or August. Heats is just too much for me. But Im definitely holding out for our late September trip!
Agreed on the heat! We were hoping for November and Christmas it we cancelled those due to uncertainty about what the fall will bring for my husband’s job and for mine. The only time we could go without impacting school was August. At this point, I’ll take anything for the four of us to be together.

I’ll take a resort only opening for mid-August. I’m fine with no parks during our trip. My husband is a frontline worker (and he is obviously working a lot right now). Due to his job, he is living in a camper (given to us for this purpose by some amazing neighbors) to limit the risks of him bringing it home. My girls somewhat understand this whole pandemic but they’re very young so they are struggling with why they can only see their father via FaceTime or through glass doors. I’m working from home with a 4 year old and a first grader who needs to do 3-4 hours of “distance learning”. As we enter week 5 here of stay at home orders in CT, my family desperately needs a family vacation.
Parks will be open too

I made a backup room reservation on 3/11 for August (originally planning for next week). Then when everything cancelled a bunch of our plans reset to the new reservation (our deposit went on the new booking and tickets changed dates automatically). The reservation as well as FP and dining disappeared with no input from me. I have a similar backup reservation made for November and if it isn’t open in August will do this same leapfrog situation. Ultimately the booking the backup helped my personal anxiety but letting everything cancel/transfer automatically was the easiest thing to do.

We just changed our late-May trip to a mid-July trip, and my sister is furious for this reason. Based on our experience going to WDW the past two Octobers, I'm not sure it could be any worse.

Unfortunately, we have Annual Passes that expire in July and while they will be extended, it will just not be practical for us to go during any of that extension period, so it's July or bust. Fingers crossed.

We just changed our late-May trip to a mid-July trip, and my sister is furious for this reason. Based on our experience going to WDW the past two Octobers, I'm not sure it could be any worse.

Unfortunately, we have Annual Passes that expire in July and while they will be extended, it will just not be practical for us to go during any of that extension period, so it's July or bust. Fingers crossed.
I’m in a similar situation! AP’s expired mid-May, so if they open June 1st, that puts July 30th as our new expiration date. We moved out Easter trip to July 23-28th. I’m hopeful parks & resorts will be open by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter