As promised, Totally Outragous Behavior~

OMG! At least he didn't fall! That could have been disastrous! One time, Goofy was 'goofing' around running to his location and he tripped over his big feet, fell up the curb, hit the garbage can and came to rest on the fence! He wasn't hurt so we both ended up laughing about it, but it was scary watching his fall and knowing there was nothing I could do to help him!

Oh yeah, it would have been bad if he did. However, I think I've hurt myself more at the castle then the characters. Once I had to go to Health Services because I got stung really bad on my neck, and another time I actually did trip over the rope and fell on my knee. So graceful.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, it would have been bad if he did. However, I think I've hurt myself more at the castle then the characters. Once I had to go to Health Services because I got stung really bad on my neck, and another time I actually did trip over the rope and fell on my knee. So graceful.:rolleyes:

OMG!!! That's horrible!!!!

The only time I had to go to Health Services was when I was working at DAK back at Camp Minnie/Mickey. For the last set of the day, we would go to the front of the park. Well, I was walking on stage I felt something hit my head and I thought it was Goofy's hat but it wasn't, it was part of the bamboo fence! Anyway, they sent me to Health Services just to make sure I didn't have a concussion! LOL!!! Only me! :)

Anyway...back to the regularly scheduled thread...

Unfortunately there are people that go to Disney world and get a kick out of ruining the magic for the younger children by telling them that the characters are just people in costume. I used to (note: USED TO) be friends with someone who got the biggest kick out of going with his mom to WDW and telling all the kids in line that wasn't really Mickey Mouse, just some girl in a costume. I never talked to him again after he told me. It made me view him in an entirely different light.

:mad: That is just horrible. My DS really thought he was meeting Mickey last year and it was so magical for him. If someone ruined that for him, I would be livid!!!

As for the OP, that is really rude. I cannot imagine entering a character meal and trying to get pictures and such without paying to eat. That is what a character meal is all about. You pay to get a character experience. So, either fork over the dough or go wait in line at a different character greeting location around the park. :idea:

I think Knox has it right - stress can bring out some poor behavior.

There was plenty of it on display last week when I was at WDW but I spent one very magical afternoon just wandering around EPCOT WS watching the people and witnessed many strangers being nice to complete strangers as well as seeing families enjoying themselves. I'm no Pollyanna (far from it) but it was almost magical to see people just doing kind things for other people.

I'm not suggesting anyone put up with rude behavior. I just wanted to point out it fortunately isn't always that way. If I can see it, anyone can!

:mad: That is just horrible. My DS really thought he was meeting Mickey last year and it was so magical for him. If someone ruined that for him, I would be livid!!!

As for the OP, that is really rude. I cannot imagine entering a character meal and trying to get pictures and such without paying to eat. That is what a character meal is all about. You pay to get a character experience. So, either fork over the dough or go wait in line at a different character greeting location around the park. :idea:

Reminds me of the time I was at Chef Mickey's and 4 adults sat down at some empty table and got food and started to eat, and got kicked out about 5 minutes later since they didn't have a reservation and just thought they would walk in and start eating. They then claimed they didn't know since they said they didn't speak English. :sad2:

I mean, if Pluto was able to hear this guest ask the CM to move, and Pluto was able to counter the CMs movements with his own and move every time the handler did to block the guest's photo, clearly Pluto wasn't focused on meeting, taking a photo with or giving an autograph to some other Guest.

Exactly! So either way the rude guest who asked the handler to move out his way caused a disruption. He cause Pluto to stop what he was doing and react.

But it didn't seem as though you were questioning Pluto's actions, but rather thinking they were funny.

I think they were funny. I can picture it in my head now: Pluto hiding behind the CM and moving when he moved. In fact, I'd imagine Pluto was trying to be funny while making a point about line-cutting.

I think they were funny. I can picture it in my head now: Pluto hiding behind the CM and moving when he moved. In fact, I'd imagine Pluto was trying to be funny while making a point about line-cutting.

I am that CM and I actually didn't know that Pluto was doing that until we were done doing the meet and greet. Nobody else probably knew Pluto was doing that, not even myself, so it wasn't obvious at all.

Like I said before, it's more humorous not that I look back on it because I still can't believe somebody would interupt the line for a picture. :confused3

We saw that happen at Liberty Tree a couple of years ago. We watched this mother telling her two kids to run into the restaurant and "grab" Goofy. The kids dutifully went into the restaurant and ran around to find Goofy. The staff stopped them and put them outside. This happened four or five times. Finally, security came and suddenly the family could no longer speak English.

OP, your story is almost so rude that it is comical. I would be in such disbelief if I were there that people would actually do something like that. That lady took entitlement to a whole new level!

That is exactly how we felt...Because each new action was so blatant, it really was amazing to watch. I was just going through pictures, and found I had quite a good one of the lady standing right behind my son and grandbaby while we were with the characters. Tempting to post it, but my mama said to grow up and be a lady. :cutie:

That is exactly how we felt...Because each new action was so blatant, it really was amazing to watch. I was just going through pictures, and found I had quite a good one of the lady standing right behind my son and grandbaby while we were with the characters. Tempting to post it, but my mama said to grow up and be a lady. :cutie:

But your momma's not here right now. :thumbsup2

Exactly! So either way the rude guest who asked the handler to move out his way caused a disruption. He cause Pluto to stop what he was doing and react.
The guest did not "cause Pluto to stop what he was doing and react." Pluto chose to do that. He could have just as easily ignored the guest who wanted a photo and continued what he was doing. But Pluto chose to react. If Pluto stopped what he was doing with people in line to react to someone not in line, that is Pluto's bad form just as much as the guest's. The Characters are taught to behave a certain way, and ignoring people in line to tease or annoy someone not in line is most definitely not good character form.

:earsboy:

The guest did not "cause Pluto to stop what he was doing and react." Pluto chose to do that. He could have just as easily ignored the guest who wanted a photo and continued what he was doing. But Pluto chose to react. If Pluto stopped what he was doing with people in line to react to someone not in line, that is Pluto's bad form just as much as the guest's. The Characters are taught to behave a certain way, and ignoring people in line to tease or annoy someone not in line is most definitely not good character form.

:earsboy:

Time to come clean...it was you, wasn't it?!?! You know you're hopping all over WDW, jumping lines and taking pictures. :rotfl:

Time to come clean...it was you, wasn't it?!?! You know you're hopping all over WDW, jumping lines and taking pictures. :rotfl:

That's what I'm beginning to wonder too. :lmao:

My take on that situation: Pluto did nothing wrong. I don’t find it rude of him. Most people think that you should stand in line in order to take a picture. I haven’t done that with characters but at the 2006 MNSSHP I stood in line to take a picture of the Cinderella coach out on display. I just wanted a picture of the coach. I thought that it would have been rude of me to try to butt up there close enough to sneak a shot in-between people going up for pic’s so I waited my turn.

To the CM who feels that she has to defend herself on this issue: you did nothing wrong. I also don’t believe Pluto did anything wrong. Since people are supposed to wait in line for photos and autographs, if Pluto didn’t want someone trying to sneak in a photo that was his right to not pose for it.

Can you imagine what it would be like if lots of people tried to do that? Eventually it would turn into a problem.

The trick that we saw on our last visit to WDW was when we were standing in line (long) at major attractions when suddenly twenty people started jumping the line. When questioned they would say in broken English "Our friend, daughter etc is up there." I would not let them pass. I told them if they wanted to be with their daughter she should come back to them. They did not challenge me but they were very overwhelming and very rude.

During our last trip to WDW, Joe and I were walking across the bridge from Tomorrowland over the hub in front of the castle. We saw a woman who was pushing an empty stroller, SCREAMING at her husband who was walking in front of her. He had their child on his shoulders, ignoring her. What made the entire situation go from domestic squabble into the are-you-friggin'-kidding-me territory was that because he wasn't turning around and dealing with her, she was SLAMMING the stroller into his ankles as he tried to walk. With each very hard slam, he'd stumble and wince.

The entire time this was happening, Joe and I were walking alongside them, about five feet away. Absolutely speechless. The guy finally turned around and said very calmly, "I'm not going to argue with you here, not in front of (kid's name) and not in front of strangers. STOP slamming me with that. I'm carrying (kid's name) and I might fall." Then he turned around and kept walking, the little kid crying.

The lovely lady once again SLAMMED over and over and over again into the guy's shins. It looked incredibly painful to watch. And the guy kept walking, faltering occasionally, tripping, while holding on to his kid. She kept i up and started throwing out LOUD four letter words and curses. We finally couldn't stand it any longer. Both Joe and I stopped walking and just shouted, "ARE YOU KIDDING? ARE YOU FRIGGIN' CRAZY? He's carrying a kid! KNOCK IT OFF!"

She turned beet red, stopped in her tracks, muttered something as the guy just kept walking off, not looking back. At least she stopped her idiotic antics.

Unbelievable.

Yeesh. The slammer sounds like the psycho woman I saw at the tram stop on Castaway Cay once when I was on a Disney cruise. I don't know what the issue was, but she was verballing slamming her DH without taking a breath for the entire 10 mins. or so that I was there. DH was sitting with a child, and wifey was yelling (yes, actually yelling) things like, "This trip is miserable, and if I have to be miserable, I'm going to make sure EVERYONE is miserable. You never listen to a thing I say, and I'm sick of it so I'm going to make you listen. You're not going to be happy, and no one is going to enjoy this trip." DH and child were just ignoring her like it was a daily occurence. Sad. If you want to be a miserable person, why drag the rest of the family down with you? Maybe she had a valid gripe, but she sure never said it if she did.

I totally understand that there needs to be an end to the character lines but when I was in Epcot this last trip we would walk up to a line and they would say it was closed so we walked down to the next character and same thing. We must have walked to 10 characters in a row and it was the same story. I got REALLY frustrated and so did my kids. I mean do they ALL have the same schedule? If so that is dumb if you ask me because they shouldn't ALL be on that same schedule. And I am sure you know that world showcase is a BIG place and it is a long walk between each country. My daughter's just wanted to meet some of the characters that they don't normally get to see out here on the west coast. And yes we don't get to go to DW very often. Only once every 3 years and to be perfectly honest this is probably our LAST trip to DW for a very long time since the economy has gone crazy and we live in CA so this trip was pretty expensive for us and unless things change we won't be going back for a long time. And it seems that DW has quite a few characters that DL doesn't seem to have. So in that sense there were characters such as the beast and Genie that we would not normally get to see at DL. It was quite frustrating that every time we would walk up to a line we would be told that it was closed.

Now as I said I am very understanding to lines being closed and I don't throw fits like others do but I was getting frustrated when EVERY line I went to was the same way. And believe me on this trip we made a point to stand in line quite a bit. In fact on one of our MK days we went to the Fairies first thing and stood in line over an hour to see Tink before doing anything else.

I do agree though that what the OP was talking about is completely uncalled for and I am glad that the manager took care of her. I also don't appreciate line cutters either. At DL I have had that happen MANY times where I will be standing in line and people just walk right in front and act as if they don't see the line. SO annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter