As promised, Totally Outragous Behavior~

here's a crazy thing I saw this week....I mean, it wasn't bad as some of these crazies, but I was waiting for a bus to DHS at POFQ......and this guy was complaining about the bus not being there fast enough to these other people......he saw 2 Downtown Disney buses come by and he went to the other stop to chew out that driver cuz he wasn't going to DHS......then when we saw the DHS bus come up, he slowed down to motion to the ECV rider that he would be taking care of them first near the other side of the platform.....I was getting tired of his complaining, so when he saw that and assumed he was stopping at the other end of the platform (which he wasn't), he said to the bus driver (good thing he was still in the bus 20 feet away) "you're an a**" so I turned to him and was like "he is trying to take care of the ecv rider too"........and let him stir on that......

it wasn't anything terrible, but finding something complain about involving everything is kinda annoying....

To the CM who feels that she has to defend herself on this issue: you did nothing wrong. I also don’t believe Pluto did anything wrong. Since people are supposed to wait in line for photos and autographs, if Pluto didn’t want someone trying to sneak in a photo that was his right to not pose for it.

:goodvibes

I totally understand that there needs to be an end to the character lines but when I was in Epcot this last trip we would walk up to a line and they would say it was closed so we walked down to the next character and same thing. We must have walked to 10 characters in a row and it was the same story. I got REALLY frustrated and so did my kids. I mean do they ALL have the same schedule? If so that is dumb if you ask me because they shouldn't ALL be on that same schedule. And I am sure you know that world showcase is a BIG place and it is a long walk between each country. My daughter's just wanted to meet some of the characters that they don't normally get to see out here on the west coast. And yes we don't get to go to DW very often. Only once every 3 years and to be perfectly honest this is probably our LAST trip to DW for a very long time since the economy has gone crazy and we live in CA so this trip was pretty expensive for us and unless things change we won't be going back for a long time. And it seems that DW has quite a few characters that DL doesn't seem to have. So in that sense there were characters such as the beast and Genie that we would not normally get to see at DL. It was quite frustrating that every time we would walk up to a line we would be told that it was closed.

Many of the characters are on the same schedule at least they were when I was working there. My best advice to you for your next trip is to check with any CM who has access to a phone - they can call and find out when particular characters will be appearing. That may help to avoid that frustration again.

That's interesting that you said that characters like the Genie and the Beast can't be found at DL. When I was at DL in 2005, I was excited because I saw Lady Tremaine and she never was out at WDW! Now she is so maybe the Beast and Genie will make their way to DL! :)

I can't believe the way some couples will argue and fight in public. If they are like that in public, think what it most be like when they are alone! We noticed two different couples like that when we were there. We trapped next to them both times: once on the WDW Railroad and once on ME on the way home. The latter couple were actually wearing honeymoon ears. I whispered in DH's ear, "I guess the honeymoon's over." We were in disbelief how they could go on like that as we were just finishing up our honeymoon too and were on a wicked high.

Many of the characters are on the same schedule at least they were when I was working there. My best advice to you for your next trip is to check with any CM who has access to a phone - they can call and find out when particular characters will be appearing. That may help to avoid that frustration again.

I was going to mention that the times that the characters appear are not a secret. That info is readily available at guest services. A quick stop there might help your frustration in the future.

Yeah we are AP holders to DL and there are charcters that I have seen there that I haven't seen at DL and vice versa. That is why I like going to both parks because you see different ones. I have NEVER seen Lady Tremaine and the 2 stepsisters at DL and we were fortunate to get them this trip at the magic kingdom and I also saw Jimminy Cricket and was REALLY hoping to get him but unfortunately that was the day we were hurrying to get in line for tink and then I never saw him again except on a float in the parade.

We have seen the usual characters like the princesses and the pooh characters many many times and have done most of the character meals and can usually get the characters that are the most popular (mickey, minnie, the pooh characters and the princesses) but I like the unusual ones that you DON'T see that often.

I have seen Aladdin and Jasime several times but never the Genie. I have seen him in parades but only at DW to get him in pictures and with autographs and we never DID get pics with him. Same with the beast. I have SEEN him at DL in parades and at Fantasmic but he is never available to get photos with.

DCA is good about getting unusual characters like the increbile bunch and I have gotten characters from Brother Bear and some of the other newer movies.

We just got frustrated because it seemed like EVERY line we got in was closed. And like I said I am used to hearing that but not EVERY time. It seemed like we couldn't win and like it was a vendetta or something LOL.

We just got frustrated because it seemed like EVERY line we got in was closed. And like I said I am used to hearing that but not EVERY time. It seemed like we couldn't win and like it was a vendetta or something LOL.

Again, you can find this info in the parks to avoid frustration. Also, there are people around here who have done up estimated times guides for character. They are subject to change but they are a good guide.

A lot of times the character will be right back out, or back out at a certain time. Follow the Times Guide can help (it lists several character times).

A lot of times the character will be right back out, or back out at a certain time. Follow the Times Guide can help (it lists several character times).

Every time we've asked, the CM always knew that the character(s) would be out at this time again or in X minutes. We usually had no more than a five minute wait so Leo and Annie could check on Rocket, Handy Manny could check on the tools, Donald could have a drink of water (he is a duck, after all), etc., etc.

I understand that but what I am saying is that it just seemed odd to me that all the characters would go on breaks at the EXACT same time. I know they have posted times and I understand this. What I meant was that we were walking around world showcase and for example we saw the genie but there was like 20 people waiting. We walked up and the cm said the line was closed so then we walked down to the next character and there was a long line and same story. After we walked to about 5 or 6 characters it was like we had bad breath or something. I found it VERY hard to believe that with lines that had anywhere between 10 to 20 people in them EVERY one was closed. I mean I started out in one country and it had to have taken me a certain amount of time to walk from where I started to the end point and the odds that ALL of them were closed was just amazing to me.

And I understand that we could have STOOD there and waited for them to come back but I was getting tired of being told NO because I could not believe that EVERY character was leaving for a break at the EXACT same time. I couldn't believe that they ALL came out at the EXACT same time and they were all going on break at the EXACT same time. And when we DID stand and wait for Belle and the Beast later in the week it took a LOT longer than 5 minutes. We waited for over a half hour and the ONLY reason we waited was once again because we have NEVER seen him before.

I am not trying to be difficult I am just pointing out that they should stagger the times they come out so that not EVERY line is closed all at once. It makes no sense. We were there at a VERY busy time (thanksgiving week) and so EVERY line had 20 or 30 people in it. By the time you could even GET to another line it was incredibly long and if it WASN'T closed then you would get to the end and wait 30 minutes only to get to the front and be told they were leaving.

Like I said I understand that they might have times posted but I am sure they weren't exact when you have 20 or 30 people waiting in EVERY line and when EVERY line I walked to had this many people and they were ALL full and closed I mean you can't win. I wasn't being choosy either. If one was full I walked to the next but it got MORE than frustrating when I was denied by each and every one. And even if I HAD waited at some of those lines we probably would have had to wait AGAIN because the lines were so long. We gave up on Genie but as I said we DID wait for the Beast but it literally took almost an hour!

I understand that but what I am saying is that it just seemed odd to me that all the characters would go on breaks at the EXACT same time. I know they have posted times and I understand this. What I meant was that we were walking around world showcase and for example we saw the genie but there was like 20 people waiting. We walked up and the cm said the line was closed so then we walked down to the next character and there was a long line and same story. After we walked to about 5 or 6 characters it was like we had bad breath or something. I found it VERY hard to believe that with lines that had anywhere between 10 to 20 people in them EVERY one was closed. I mean I started out in one country and it had to have taken me a certain amount of time to walk from where I started to the end point and the odds that ALL of them were closed was just amazing to me.

And I understand that we could have STOOD there and waited for them to come back but I was getting tired of being told NO because I could not believe that EVERY character was leaving for a break at the EXACT same time. I couldn't believe that they ALL came out at the EXACT same time and they were all going on break at the EXACT same time. And when we DID stand and wait for Belle and the Beast later in the week it took a LOT longer than 5 minutes. We waited for over a half hour and the ONLY reason we waited was once again because we have NEVER seen him before.

I am not trying to be difficult I am just pointing out that they should stagger the times they come out so that not EVERY line is closed all at once. It makes no sense. We were there at a VERY busy time (thanksgiving week) and so EVERY line had 20 or 30 people in it. By the time you could even GET to another line it was incredibly long and if it WASN'T closed then you would get to the end and wait 30 minutes only to get to the front and be told they were leaving.

Like I said I understand that they might have times posted but I am sure they weren't exact when you have 20 or 30 people waiting in EVERY line and when EVERY line I walked to had this many people and they were ALL full and closed I mean you can't win. I wasn't being choosy either. If one was full I walked to the next but it got MORE than frustrating when I was denied by each and every one. And even if I HAD waited at some of those lines we probably would have had to wait AGAIN because the lines were so long. We gave up on Genie but as I said we DID wait for the Beast but it literally took almost an hour!

Maybe you should pop a mint next time! :laughing:

I feel ya! We tend to take a really slow pace with the kiddos, so it doesn't bother us to wait for the character breaks, then when they come back, you can hit 'em all since they all just had a break. :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Yeah we are AP holders to DL and there are charcters that I have seen there that I haven't seen at DL and vice versa. That is why I like going to both parks because you see different ones. I have NEVER seen Lady Tremaine and the 2 stepsisters at DL and we were fortunate to get them this trip at the magic kingdom and I also saw Jimminy Cricket and was REALLY hoping to get him but unfortunately that was the day we were hurrying to get in line for tink and then I never saw him again except on a float in the parade.

I can't believe you never saw Lady Tremaine at DL! When I saw her, she was behind the Castle and just standing there looking mean. Nobody was going over to her because I guess nobody recognized her and I nearly jumped out of my skin I was so excited!!!! I'm glad you at least got to see her at WDW. :thumbsup2

For Kelmac284
DSC02610.jpg

Keep trying. I hope your family gets to meet him someday soon.

I just had to respond to this thread. We were in WDW from 12/6 - 12/11... I can not believe what I saw.

- One woman threatened to kill her baby in the line for Dumbo- her husband yelled at her, and she yelled back that he just did not understand because he didn't have to deal with her all day.

- A man on his scooter literally crashing into the back of his girlfriends scooter to push her through the crowds at MVMCP! At one point he got up out of his scooter to clear the way, then proceeded to crash into the back of hers. BTW- Neither of these people needed scooters... I saw TONS of people who did not need 'em but had 'em anyway!

- In Crystal Palace one woman started yelling at her son who must have been under the age of 5, told him to move, and a mili-second later shoved him so hard he fell to the floor!

- Lots of people running after tables and "table stealing". This happened to us frequently, and we had one crazy run to the check-in line when she realized we were walking into the resort.

Phhhhheeeeeeeeww. I honestly could not believe how many crazies were down there. Won't go again in Dec!

Thanks Hollie. :) Love the pic!! Actually we DID wait for Beast. I felt sorry for poor Belle because they were standing together and we were waiting and of course they both left for a break. Well of course I really wanted him so we waited and Belle came back after a very short time but NO beast. I thought oh great after ALL that we are only going to get Belle. No offense but I have SEVERAL autographs and pics of Belle in both her yellow dress AND the blue dress. She is great and all but what I REALLY wanted was the beast. So I was pretty dissapointed when he left and only she came back. So they asked how many people wanted both or just the beast and EVERYONE in line raised their hand. So surprisingly they let us wait and Belle just stood there. I felt kind of bad and was really shocked that they let her just cool her heels while we waited for him. Then as I said it was a good 30 minutes before he came out and Belle was REALLY gracious. She came back and talked to the rest of us and was really sweet. And THAT time I waited. In fact my girls met the nicest group of 5 young girls from minnesota who were behind us and we got some GREAT pics! So don't get me wrong I DO wait in lines. :)

It was just frustrating that day because it seemed like EVERY line we walked up to we were denied and I couldn't believe that EVERY line was closed. We just couldn't win. :)

I'm over it no big deal. It was just weird to me. ;)

Actually,when I went to the 12/12 MVMCP,the one time my wristband was checked,it was so dark that the only thing the CM saw was a wristband around my wrist. There was no way the CM could have seen what color my wristband was.

- A man on his scooter literally crashing into the back of his girlfriends scooter to push her through the crowds at MVMCP! At one point he got up out of his scooter to clear the way, then proceeded to crash into the back of hers. BTW- Neither of these people needed scooters... I saw TONS of people who did not need 'em but had 'em anyway!

I wonder is this was the man that ran over my 7 year old son's foot with his scooter? We were on a very crowded walk way and he swerved and my son's foot got caught in the right front wheel and the guy just kept going with my son's foot wedged between the top of the wheel and the wheel well - ds screaming bloody murder the whole time and crying. He did not stop until I screamed at him that my son's foot was trapped. The gf or wife then stated that it was my son's fault and why are there sooo many @#$X& kids here anyway!

The first aid cms were great though and ds still thinks wdw is the bomb - ds just said "Don't they know this is supposed to the the happiest place on earth? Why come if you are just going to be mean." :angel: Out of the mouth of babes!

Thanks Hollie. :) Love the pic!! Actually we DID wait for Beast. I felt sorry for poor Belle because they were standing together and we were waiting and of course they both left for a break. Well of course I really wanted him so we waited and Belle came back after a very short time but NO beast. I thought oh great after ALL that we are only going to get Belle. No offense but I have SEVERAL autographs and pics of Belle in both her yellow dress AND the blue dress. She is great and all but what I REALLY wanted was the beast. So I was pretty dissapointed when he left and only she came back. So they asked how many people wanted both or just the beast and EVERYONE in line raised their hand. So surprisingly they let us wait and Belle just stood there. I felt kind of bad and was really shocked that they let her just cool her heels while we waited for him. Then as I said it was a good 30 minutes before he came out and Belle was REALLY gracious. She came back and talked to the rest of us and was really sweet. And THAT time I waited. In fact my girls met the nicest group of 5 young girls from minnesota who were behind us and we got some GREAT pics! So don't get me wrong I DO wait in lines. :)

It was just frustrating that day because it seemed like EVERY line we walked up to we were denied and I couldn't believe that EVERY line was closed. We just couldn't win. :)

I'm over it no big deal. It was just weird to me. ;)

I'm not here to rain on you, but I wanted to address the issue of the meet n' greet times. Sometimes it's not even that they have the same times, sometimes the issue is how many people show up for the meet n' greet at the schedule time. I'll give you an example from the top of my head using the France meet n' greet. Make note that this are not actual times, just a hypothetical situation that happens very often.

Belle, Beast and Aurora are all on France. Belle and Beast do go on set toguether at some point in an hour frame. Some characters can stay out longer than others and others have a limit time frame you can see them. However, Beast have 'special needs' that need to be addressed before he can go on set. So, to make up for that time we get Belle out first. This helps out with little children who are dead afraid of Beast, find the character intimidating or guests who are not really interested in seeing the beast at all. In the mean time, Aurora is at some point in that same hour outside. Aurora is only ONE character and so I sometimes can wait longer to close my line. To add on, she doesn't have the same issues Beast does, not that she's not extremely special she's just different and can be out a little longer than the Beast. With Belle and Beast many times I can't, and this is where it seems we are all leaving at the same time. Sometimes the line is closed before even Beast gets outside. Aurora can be scheduled to be out by :40 of the hour(again an example not a real time), and Beast and Belle are out at :00 of the hour, for example. Yes there is a 20 minute time difference, but Beast and Belle are two characters that draw a lot of attention to them.

Attendants need to watch out for the time they need to go out (with the beast you really need to be on time getting him out) and at the same time be aware of how many guests can they put in a line. Many, many guests (and attendants) hate to leave the line running until it's time to leave and whoever is left; sorry you didn't get to see it. People get very upset and I understand that. I think enough guests have made clear their dissatisfaction about that approach in character times and so I personally avoid it as much as possible. What I do is I time the characters and sort of get an idea of how long I can let the line run before it must be close, usually I'm on the mark and other times I'm way over. :headache: But I do try because I've been in both sides of the fence and I feel for everyone. So when you get to Aurora she's closed because her time to go out is over and then you get to Belle and Beast and they are also closed. They are not in the same time frame but they are both closed for different reasons. B & B are closed because they have too many people and Aurora is closed because it's already past her time to go. Then you get to Jasmine, Aladdin & Genie that also have a different time but are three characters that also get an enormous amount of attention and they also have to be closed because you have a huge line. A, J & G have a line that sometimes have people that wait in line for the next schedule time even as the characters still have not left for this schedule time.

I hope you don't feel I'm ganging up on you, it's certainly not what I intend. I just wanted to put another perspective into the situation.

- One woman threatened to kill her baby in the line for Dumbo- her husband yelled at her, and she yelled back that he just did not understand because he didn't have to deal with her all day.

RickinNYC said:
During our last trip to WDW, Joe and I were walking across the bridge from Tomorrowland over the hub in front of the castle. We saw a woman who was pushing an empty stroller, SCREAMING at her husband who was walking in front of her. He had their child on his shoulders, ignoring her. What made the entire situation go from domestic squabble into the are-you-friggin'-kidding-me territory was that because he wasn't turning around and dealing with her, she was SLAMMING the stroller into his ankles as he tried to walk. With each very hard slam, he'd stumble and wince.

The entire time this was happening, Joe and I were walking alongside them, about five feet away. Absolutely speechless. The guy finally turned around and said very calmly, "I'm not going to argue with you here, not in front of (kid's name) and not in front of strangers. STOP slamming me with that. I'm carrying (kid's name) and I might fall." Then he turned around and kept walking, the little kid crying.

The lovely lady once again SLAMMED over and over and over again into the guy's shins. It looked incredibly painful to watch. And the guy kept walking, faltering occasionally, tripping, while holding on to his kid. She kept i up and started throwing out LOUD four letter words and curses. We finally couldn't stand it any longer. Both Joe and I stopped walking and just shouted, "ARE YOU KIDDING? ARE YOU FRIGGIN' CRAZY? He's carrying a kid! KNOCK IT OFF!"

She turned beet red, stopped in her tracks, muttered something as the guy just kept walking off, not looking back. At least she stopped her idiotic antics.

Unbelievable.

:sad2: I can't count the many times I feel bad for some kids. Some couples start fighting and belittling each other anywhere, it is quite disturbing. And not to malignant my own race but us women really need to take it easy. While Dads can give anyone a huge challenge, some women outrageously behavior puts me to blush for days and really puts me to question mental sanity. While working at Disney I sadly have lost all desire and need to defend women. We need some etiquette or anger management classes. I can't believe how some of them act and then turn around and expect a defense or someone to back them out just because I'm a woman too. No, Thank you. Rant over, sorry.

I see a general theme/line of "we're leave the park and this is my child's last/only chance to see the character(s)." If it was that important than maybe the family should have made that the priority at the begining of the day rather than rides!

I ask myself that question every day. I have never been able to grasp why if it was THAT important they didn't put it at their top of their to do list.

Planning is a wonderful thing.

AMEN! However, a rare species indeed.

The CM made some typical cute announcement to those near the front. OMG, this one woman went ballistic on him. She then proceeded to VERY LOUDLY proclaim to everyone around, over and over again, that "the character who is really just a person in a constume had to go take a break". Purposely trying to ruin any magic for the young children around. It was so unbelievable.

:furious: :rolleyes2 :furious: :rolleyes2 :sad2: :furious: :furious: Oh sweet Lord, how much do I HATE when people do this. How much do I wish that a magical force would take away their ability to speak momentarily, this so others magic remain intact. :headache: It's so frustrating!! I will never understand why some folks feel the need to ruin the magic not only for their kids but for everyone else.

Yikes, this post was longer than I intended to be, but I couldn't stop myself on commenting in some issues.

I am glad to see others have noticed that this year folks were even more rude then usual. Maybe it is the rough economic times that are putting everyones teeth on edge, but OMG it was horrible... we were down 12/8 to 12/16 and the MVMCP on the 9th was the most incredible show of bad behaviour I have ever seen. Other threads have stated the same point...I was walking SLOWLY down main street trying to avoid the panicking folks and one woman ducked out from nonwhere and slammed into me full force...I am a fairly big guy and don't slam dunk easily..Well she kinda bounced off me...after she regained whatever composure she had she sniped back at me "well excuse you"...

Huhhh? who slammed into who for crying out loud???

Oh well

As far as the character lines ups go my only big complaint was that the Disney photographers were everywhere..now before I get flamed..yes, I know this is their job and yes, I know it is about making money...one photographer really did not want to be bothered with my camaera - even though I did photopass as well..and yea I know some people have figured out the scam that you line up - hand them the pass - and your camera then get all the pictures they want - and never bother with the pass...so I guess there is not way to separate the honest from the not so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter