Atlantis or Blue Lagoon Dolphin adverture

mathesj

Earning My Ears
We will be cruising to the Bahamas in October. My 7 year old daughter would like to do a dolphin encounter. Would you recommend doing it at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon and why?

We will be cruising to the Bahamas in October. My 7 year old daughter would like to do a dolphin encounter. Would you recommend doing it at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon and why?
We just did the Atlantis dolphin encounter. I wasn't really that impressed. First you get pushed by a dolphin on a boogie board like 20 feet. Then you are pulled by 2 dolphins holding there fins like 20 feet and last station they swim around you where you can pet them. I really thought you would be able to like ride one around Check out the blue lagoon one from someone that did it

We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim many years ago. Looking at videos of the island recently, I regret not staying longer and enjoying the beach time included.

I have been to the Atlantis for the water park area.

My recommendation: check out the rest of the property for both to help you decide. Make a day of it. The dolphin activity will probably only take 60 minutes or less, include preparation.

And check out the difference between Dolphin Swim and Dolphin Encounter. One is treading water the entire time, the other is standing in water. Is it the brief foot push or is it petting and interacting with dolphins that is important?

Go to the websites for both places - they both give a pretty clear idea of what you experience. Don’t assume you get more than what they spell out.

Are the parent(s) planning on participating or just watching? Costs can be a factor.

I really enjoyed Blue Lagoon both times I've been there. We did the Dolphin Encounter for one and the Shark encounter another time. I enjoy the island. Its not as built up resorty as Atlantis and when we were booking Blue Lagoon was also cheaper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter