attractions that need to go!!

I like the HOP. There's two or three presidents in there that I wouldn't mind seeing thrown into the scrap heap but that's for another thread ;)

There are several things that I don't really care for and my kids don't ride, like the carousel but I wouldn't want to see it taken out. That's part of the area and there are lots of people that like it. I don't think it needs to go away just because I don't ride it.

Lemme guess..they're democratic presidents, right? What's your take on Tri-Care, the government-run health care plan for former military employees?

Small World is my 9 year old's favorite ride! Ellen's Universe of Energy is the one that needs to go. What a snoozer!

Sad to see some of the responses here. :(

There are a few rides/attractions I don't care for, so I don't go on them. Doesn't mean they should be taken away, as there are others who do enjoy them.

WDW is a huge place, something for everyone. Enjoy what you like, and leave alone what you don't like. :)

And with all sorts of you tube videos there is no reason to go on a ride/attraction and not know what it's all about or that it would scare your kids because it's dark.

Love your pic. Do you know those guys? The best reality contestants ever@!!!

I think that the backlot tour is absolutely fine in DHS. It shows the behind the scenes and is a nice way to rest your feet when you're tired.

Tiki Room, Stich, Imagination in Epcot, Nemo, Mission Space, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Backlot Tour only because they ruined it. They also need to add more rides in all the parks and not take ten years to do it!!

Truly there aren't many attractions I would eliminate. Its more like, what can Disney add/update? DHS is in serious need of additions. IMO DHS should be Disney's version of Universal Studios. In addition to all of Disney's prominent characters, they also own Marvel and Stars Wars. There is really no reason why DHS cannot get some heavily rides aimed at teenagers/young adults.

Truly there aren't many attractions I would eliminate. Its more like, what can Disney add/update? DHS is in serious need of additions. IMO DHS should be Disney's version of Universal Studios. In addition to all of Disney's prominent characters, they also own Marvel and Stars Wars. There is really no reason why DHS cannot get some heavily rides aimed at teenagers/young adults.

This is the Universal(MCA) contract with Marvel:
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm
More Star Wars rides would be great!

I think that the backlot tour is absolutely fine in DHS. It shows the behind the scenes and is a nice way to rest your feet when you're tired.

Backlot's problem is that it barely features any interesting stuff from the movies imo.

I would love a couple of additional thrill rides at WDW, but to be honest, DHS needs exactly the opposite right now. It barely has any family rides, and that's why TSMM waits are always insane.

I would love to see a bit more balance again to be honest. I agree with the previous poster that the number of family rides has become drastically lower over the last few years. I would love to see a return to a mix instead of just focusing on thrills.

"It's a Small World". That ride was out-dated and obnoxious the first time I rode it in 1983.

It's a Small World is a classic and Disney should NEVER get rid of that. I would really like to see more of the classic dark rides come to WDW but I realize that a lot of other people think otherwise.

As for the main post, Hall of Presidents is my dad's favorite attraction at MK and it's informational and patriotic. I really enjoy it and I think it belongs in MK just like the Carousel of Progress. And to get rid of the carousel in fantasyland would upset so many people, including myself.

If I had older kids (say, 10-16) I could see Epcot as a full-day park. As it stands, it is barely a half day.

My boys are 5 (4 at our last visit) and we rode TT, LivingWithTheLand, Nemo, SpaceshipEarth, and Figment, and went through both FutureWorld pavilions.

The problem is that the two FutureWorld pavilions are horribly outdated. A firetruck kids can't even climb in? A piggybank game (my kids liked it but of course didn't really understand it, and any kid who did understand would probably find it horribly boring)? VIDEO GAMES?? I remember walking along the "path" inside and seeing all this blank, unused space and thinking how the whole place looked like it was still under development.

And the aquarium is SOOOOO small and under-utilized!

Maybe it's because we're near Boston and have the NewEnglandAquarium and BostonChildren'sMuseum and BostonMuseumofScience, but going through Epcot felt like a giant waste of time.

They were too young to get anything out of the different countries at age 3 and so we didn't even bother at age 4. Way too much walking for way too little return on investment.

As for MK, I can't think of anything I'd get rid of except Stitch. All the other rides, even the old and somewhat corny ones, have their charm.

The problem with AK isn't the park, it's the fact that people go there wanting a ton of rides instead of seeing it as a great zoo with a few rides. I love AK as is and wish they weren't adding Pandora.

HS just seems like a mash-up of different things. The various attractions are too spread out and of course TSMM is horribly overcrowded because it's the only non-3D "family" ride in the whole park. THAT'S the park that should have housed Pandora.

Stitch's Great Escape.
Captain EO.
Sadly, Mission:Space. I overheard a guest tell another whom they didn't know personally "NOT TO RIDE IT. NEVER AGAIN." ... Not the first time I've heard this around the parks.
I used to love it... as of the last year, I get a headache each time. I'm only 22.
So sadly, it's skipped.

The following could use updates:

Soarin'
Carousel of Progress
PhilharMagic
Expedition Everest - please fix Disco Yeti :confused3
(among others)

Personally I wish they would do a major redo of the Speedway.

How about some environmentally friendly cars? And Shade add more shade. AT the queue and during the ride.Because there is nothing more fabulous than roasting in the Florida sun.

I don't think any rides should be torn down but reworked.

Oh and I think Epcot is fine. The studios however needs a complete redo.

Can someone please tell me why WDW still has the hall of presidents? I think the Hall of Presidents would be better suited for the International showcase at EPCOT. I understand its in Liberty Square but, so is the Haunted Mansion. What exactly does the Haunted Mansion is kind of out of place there. I wish they would rename that land.

I also wish they would get rid of the Carousel it doesn't even seem like the little ones care about it. The ride never seems to have a 10 min wait time. I think the park needs to realize the Carousel is just a waste of space.

Can someone else please tell me why Magic Kingdom has an Arcade???:confused3

I beg to differ on the carousel wait time. We've rode the carousel once in all our times going to disney because the wait is always ridiculous! So someone must care about it, lol.

I really don't see much that needs to be updated at AK other than the obvious Yeti. Could do with out Rafiki. Does anyone really even go there?

If Rafiki where the petting area is? If that is what you are talking about we went there on our trip to WDW. I was trying to locate Pocahontas and heard she was out there (which was wrong) and then I couldn't get my husband to leave! He was busy talking about the goats he raised to the CM and teaching the little kids how to properly brush them! We wasted a lot of time but at least he had fun :)

Can someone please tell me why WDW still has the hall of presidents? I think the Hall of Presidents would be better suited for the International showcase at EPCOT. I understand its in Liberty Square but, so is the Haunted Mansion. What exactly does the Haunted Mansion is kind of out of place there. I wish they would rename that land.

I also wish they would get rid of the Carousel it doesn't even seem like the little ones care about it. The ride never seems to have a 10 min wait time. I think the park needs to realize the Carousel is just a waste of space.

Can someone else please tell me why Magic Kingdom has an Arcade???:confused3

Both are legacy attractions and are very specify to Walt and his fascination for them. We do the HOP every visit and it would be a shame if they took it out or moved it. COP needs to be updated, but is a nod to the past and neither takes up much space. What do you suggest they put there?

I can't answer the arcade question. Not sure we have ever actually paid any attention to it.

I beg to differ on the carousel wait time. We've rode the carousel once in all our times going to disney because the wait is always ridiculous! So someone must care about it, lol.

I suspect the Carousel referred to by Goofyallday is the Carousel of Progress, but that should never be removed, unless it's taken back to Disneyland. That was one of Walt's babies.

What about that American idol experience? That needs to go

This one may be gone soon - I think the current contract ends 12/31. But if American Idol goes another season as a show, then I think they will keep the attraction on for another year. This is a contracted attraction. This is from a CM friend of mine that has been on this attraction since it opened. I know that means little around here, but at least it's not from a bus driver! :)

If Rafiki where the petting area is? If that is what you are talking about we went there on our trip to WDW. I was trying to locate Pocahontas and heard she was out there (which was wrong) and then I couldn't get my husband to leave! He was busy talking about the goats he raised to the CM and teaching the little kids how to properly brush them! We wasted a lot of time but at least he had fun :)

OMG - I cannot tear DH away from those baby goats. He loves them!!! LOL

I can't really add anything new - I totally agree with opinions on Stich, EO, Energy (I can't even remember when I last went on that ride), and the need to give Epcot some love.

PP mentioned that Innoventions (Future World pavilions) didn't have anything good. I have to say that our last trip the kids spent a LOT of time playing the PiggyBank and Where's The Fire games. My youngest son loved just looking at and touching the firetruck while his siblings were playing the games. And, DH and I rested on the benches in the A/C. :thumbsup2

Rafiki too, this last trip was a big hit with my kids. Previously we rushed through it all and just let the kids pet the animals. But this year, the kids were actually interested in the exhibits and asked a lot of questions! It was pretty awesome to see how engaged they were.

I feel sentimental about a lot of the legacy attractions, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if they put something else where Tiki Room and Country Bear Jamboree are :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter