August 2020 Reservations-still going?

We have Aug 5-14 (rebooked from May) and I got the email a couple of days ago. Leaning towards cancelling/rebooking - have to convince the rest of my party (1 down 1 to go ;)) Just don't see the point of paying premiun rates for half the experience.
Masks, reduced hours, no EMH, no hopping (we have 8 day hoppers), no fireworks/parades, who knows what the pool situation will be like, walking around the parks trying to keep a safe distance.

Our tickets were just extended until Sept 2021 so we might try again in Nov if we do cancel. After that we would have to wait until Nov 2021.

I wouldnt worry too much about Disney not sending the email - their communication dept is so inconsistent.

We had two trips originally planned this year. One in April and then we were going on a shorter bounceback in August. Well, the bounceback became our reschedule but still a much shorter trip. We are hanging on to see what things look like when they open both at the parks and in the country. We also need that 14 day quarantine for NY to be dropped.

Just a note, getting an email or not means absolutely nothing. There are countless reports of emails or no emails from every date, resort, and ticket type combination. People without trips got emails. Disney’s track record with mass emails is notoriously bad.

I’m personally waiting until Disney starts directly contacting July reservations and they introduce the park reservation system - that’s when we’ll have better info.

Just a note, getting an email or not means absolutely nothing. There are countless reports of emails or no emails from every date, resort, and ticket type combination. People without trips got emails. Disney’s track record with mass emails is notoriously bad.

I’m personally waiting until Disney starts directly contacting July reservations and they introduce the park reservation system - that’s when we’ll have better info.

I think OP was probably just looking for some reassurance that they weren’t the only “forgotten” ones.

We have a bounceback (park hopper free deluxe dining) staying at Boulder Ridge @ WL, we are due to check in 8/28

We have heard nothing from Disney, e-mail or otherwise.

Flights are booked via JetBlue

We are undecided about cancelling - spoke to some friends who live in Orlando & go to the parks all the time. They think it's going to have long lines and a lot of attractions closed. Their advice to me was that if the trip price was reduced to 50%, then think about going.

DH wants no part of wearing a mask in the August heat.

I agree that lines will be long (although spread apart) and I also believe there will be nothing bloody else to do there. Shops will have CM "guards" only allowing so many in. No character meet and greets (I will miss Merida this year dang it). No memory maker I hear. Who knows if the QS will still server the great items we love. No experience tours (or only a few people allowed-good luck getting a spot), No parades, no fireworks. Ugh, now I am depressed again.

We are a family of 5 adults so the confirmed restrictions for our 8/8-12 trip aren’t that big of a deal for us. Masks not desirable of course, but we’ll manage best we can. What WILL be the deal breaker for us is if there is no SWGE. Its the only thing my hubby asked for to celebrate his 50th bday, and the main reason for our trip. We also have UO booked 8/12-16 at HRH, and everything seems in line for that leg of the trip so🤞!!

I booked a bounce back offer with free QS dining last year for this August (2020) and I received the email already saying what we all know - my free dining plan will be cancelled. The email also said my room nights would be discounted by 35% but none of the changes have shown up on MDE. The loss of the free QS dining is annoying - with 4 of us (2 are young adults) we eat a lot and so the room discount doesn't come close to making that up. I doubt we will go - too much money for the reduced options and risk.

I don't think (at least on a vacation standpoint) that August will be horrible if your expectations are fairly low and you're willing to "go with the flow" - perhaps better for those who go somewhat often and don't care about seeing or doing this or that but just want to be there. I realize some people are celebrating special events and will want to go also. It could also be awesome with low crowds and short waits - who knows? I think otherwise next summer will be better - at least less unknowns.

This is the thing...I bought park tickets in March and have moved a March and 2 June trips to settle in August at the poly....no email today and I am going the same time as you...it just stresses me out.
Do you have your email signed up on the Disney website to receive emails from them?

We’re keeping our reservations for 8/15-8/21 on DVC points. We do have 5 day tickets and did receive an email from Disney on Friday. They have cancelled one of our ADR’s so far for breakfast at O’hana on 8/16.

I booked a bounce back offer with free QS dining last year for this August (2020) and I received the email already saying what we all know - my free dining plan will be cancelled. The email also said my room nights would be discounted by 35% but none of the changes have shown up on MDE. The loss of the free QS dining is annoying - with 4 of us (2 are young adults) we eat a lot and so the room discount doesn't come close to making that up. I doubt we will go - too much money for the reduced options and risk.

I don't think (at least on a vacation standpoint) that August will be horrible if your expectations are fairly low and you're willing to "go with the flow" - perhaps better for those who go somewhat often and don't care about seeing or doing this or that but just want to be there. I realize some people are celebrating special events and will want to go also. It could also be awesome with low crowds and short waits - who knows? I think otherwise next summer will be better - at least less unknowns.
I have a friend in the same boat. They got free quick service dining and hoppers. There are 5 of them with 3 teens. Teens eat a lot so 35% off is not going to make up for the free dining.

We have YC 8/14-16- room only (swimming at SAB) and then bounce back free dining 8/16-23 at POP upgraded to regular dining. We are still planning on going- we are going to be in Florida to visit family the week prior, so if Disney doesn't work out for any reason between now and then we will go elsewhere in Florida- Legoland, the beach, there are a lot of options and we don't really need to worry about accommodations. The only thing that would make us cancel is no resort pool, we are fine with switching resorts.

So we are waiting to hear if the resorts we are booked at are open or if we will be moved and then the updated cost of the trip to pay it in full. We got the email for the 35% off our room.

The most disappointing cancellation for us was Captain Hook's Pirate Crew at YC since my kids are the perfect age for it (they're 7) and DH and I were going to enjoy dinner alone at Yatchsman. Also waiting to hear if Harmony Barber shop is open- my kids had reservations there (and DD has never had her hair cut anywhere else and she needs it desperately lol). I joked that we'll bring a pair of scissors and Dad'll give her a quick cut on Main Street- she did not agree with that plan. :confused3

So here's my situation. I have been canceled on three times-I currently have an August trip booked.....tickets are linked(bought from Disney) my DVC is booked and flights, but I never got the email from Disney Destinations saying I would get priority booking on the new reservation site when it launches...is anyone else in the same boat? Are August people canceling?
I have reservations from mid-August to Sept 2 at Fort Wilderness and am also Passholder/DVC member. All my dining res are gone. Still going

We’re supposed to go 8/17-8/23 and I also have no clue what to do. I keep floating back and forth between 1) Postponing until next year 2) Keeping as is and just accepting that it will be a much more low-key trip 3) Switch to Universal, who seems to have their act together a bit more

I change my mind just about hourly. I think it’s going to just be a wait and see for awhile.

I’m likely canceling although it will really really hurt to do so! I can deal with masks, cut hours, no parades etc but this just seems like such a hassle! I had the most perfect trip planned in April. Was pretty much able to identically recreate it for the end of June but then that got canceled too. I lost steam to try and worry about my August backup to the backup so I actually don’t have too many ADRs being canceled at this point but I’m just exhausted and don’t want to deal with this!

I may keep it and see how I luck out with reserving parks, new ADRs etc before making a final decision but it also wouldn’t be terrible to try for a better experience next year with upgrading our hotel.

I have an early August trip booked via DVC and did get the email. Going for sure...but my entire group may not be until we have more information.

Originally I was to be on my way to WDW to start my June 1st vacation 😭 Changed our trip to the end of August. Now with all these crazy restrictions, we're changing yet again. I'm moving the trip to the end of January. Maybe by then we'll see some sense on normalcy.

Bob Chapek said in an interview that lines will be shorter bc of the much smaller crowd capacity. His words were " do the math, lines will be shorter"
We have Aug 21 thru 30th booked we plan on going

We have a reservation for 10-15 August that we plan on canceling. Reduced hours and experiences are a factor. Masks aren't an issue at all; I'm an operating room nurse and think nothing of wearing a mask for 12 hours at a time while covered head to toe in PPE and standing under hot operating room lights. Florida has nothing on that.

But the biggest factor to me is that as a Canadian, I don't feel safe traveling to the states right now. I'm no Nervous Nellie, I've taken my kids to Morocco, Israel, Turkey, China and all over Europe. But the current political and social situation in the United States scares the crap out of me right now. I don't know what Americans are seeing from their perspective right now, but the optics that other countries are seeing of American leadership right now look terrible. Sorry, but it's true. We love you guys, but right now every Canadian that I've spoken to plans to stay out of the US for at least the next 7.5 months.

We are 7/31-8/8 at YC vacation package not paid in full yet.
I received the generic email about rebooking dining and fastpasses but nothing about were we fall in terms of park reservations.
Lost my resort cabanas and some dining so far. I am getting so nervous of losing my whole vacation I booked a refundable vaca at Universal Studios Royal Pacific which guaranteed park admission.
Now I sit and wait ..........

I got this same email as you. POFQ 8/7-8/14. We also spoke to a CM who said current ticket holders are "in the best possible position". I took that as a good sign.

We made a back-up Universal package too but I didn't think it promised admission. Maybe we are not at an affiliated hotel but I thought we were. Disney is my first choice but I don't care for this much hoop jumping and lack of incentives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter