August 2022 W.I.S.H. - Accountable August

Going back to yesterday:

We camped a lot when I was a kid. We'd also go over to my maternal Grandmother's for a week each each summer. She lived in a small town in Eastern Washington, which is very arid and dry and so the visits really did feel like summer. There was an onion field behind her house that we used to walk thru to get to the town park, and our feet would start to smell like onions from the dirt.

I don't know that I've done any great summery things this year, we started with such a long damp cool Spring, then it got really hot and for the most part I've been hiding out in the house. Guess I'd better get busy in the weeks we have left.

My summer time bucket list... to have an entire summer off, just like in childhood.

Today:
Self-care is going to be cleaning up my office, because it is a shambles. Last week I impulsively bought a console from Wayfair, now I have to put it together and figure out where to put the bookcase that TV has been sitting on. I also have several shasta daisy plants that have been sitting on the patio table and need to be planted in the front garden. So several chores, but it always feels good to get stuff done. I did go out and get new yarn for my hat yesterday, and altho I love it it is too fine to make a hat that will hold its shape, so I'm going to stop by my local shop again to take another look, if I let go of my color ideas I'll hopefully find something... I really want to make that hat.

What is one of your favorite summer time memories from childhood?
Watching fireworks reflect on the water
What is one of your favorite summertime traditions?
Entertaining friends in our backyard
What was the best thing you and/or your family did this summer?
Vacation in Cape Cod
What is something on your summertime bucket-list that you are yet to do?

Trip to Hawaii

Feeling very sad that my summer is over as school begins tomorrow for teachers. It's put me in a bit of a salty mood. Intellectually I know that it helps my weight loss efforts to have a stricter routine and much less time to eat without thinking. I just hate waking up to an alarm and having to deal with all of the work-related stress. I know that in just 10 months I will have my much needed break from everything this school year will bring. I hope that I lose a lot of weight this year and don't have to deal with anything horrible.

Until :sunny: June 2023...

Feeling very sad that my summer is over as school begins tomorrow for teachers. It's put me in a bit of a salty mood. Intellectually I know that it helps my weight loss efforts to have a stricter routine and much less time to eat without thinking. I just hate waking up to an alarm and having to deal with all of the work-related stress. I know that in just 10 months I will have my much needed break from everything this school year will bring. I hope that I lose a lot of weight this year and don't have to deal with anything horrible.

Until :sunny: June 2023...
Sending hugs. Thank you for all you do for your students.

@Oneanne I also cleaned my office today! DD starts cyber school on Wednesday so I got her desk cleaned off and her laptop and iPad plugged in and charging. It will be weird to have my office mate return after working alone all summer!

@Summer2018 so sorry your summer is over but positive thoughts for a easy school year for you!

@ShannyMcB LOVE the castle pic thanks for sharing it!!

@PollyannaMom where in Pennsylvania would you visit as a kid??

My Sunday has been full of chores but I knew it would be because Friday and yesterday were jammed packed so nice to end the weekend with a clean house to start the week. I did take a one hour nap it was lovely!!!

We had one foster adopted yesterday and I could not have asked for a better family for him! Absolutely over the moon with joy and it reminded me why I foster. Hoping his brother is blessed with a successful adoption soon.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday!

Caught some rays today at my inlaws. The whole family typically gathers there on Sundays to hang by the pool. Like I needed more sun...but it was nice to be outdoors and not melting!
Did a curbside grocery pickup and continued to unpack and do laundry. Only the two small backpacks to empty out now! All the suitcases are empty and the laundry from them washed and mostly put away.
Also did an order from magic candle company...way more than I should have spent but what I bought will last months and I got a few things for our family yankee swap. I really like that they offer scented oils instead of just candles. I like letting the diffuser run all day and not have to worry about remembering to blow out a candle or getting concerned if it gets knocked over you know?
I am exhausted though it doesn't feel like I was on vaca. And I didn't eat great...any meal that wasn't sit down I ordered from the kids menu and averaged 20k steps a day so pretty sure I didn't gain weight but don't think I lost.
I did manage to make a mess of my legs while on vaca though. You know in the movie Elf when Buddy does a split on the escalator? Yeah in real life, and going down, it hurts like a b***h! I have a huge bruise on the back of one leg and a healing rugburn/scrape on the other knee. DD does not understand the concept of an escalator so when she stumbled I grabbed her and ended up on two steps very far apart. Trying to be moving and keep it loose but it really is uncomfortable. Odds are it'll be healed soon but no skirts when I got back for awhile. Plus side, I can still do a split! Even if unintentionally....
Hope everyone has a nice week and good luck to all the teachers! A week and a half before the kids are back at school I feel like this summer just flew by!

Good Morning. I am still on PTO today. I have been since the 15th. It was a great week. We didn't really do anything. Kids had practice, soccer games and their first football game (marching band). We are ending on a rough note. It looks like DD got a concussion on Saturday at her game. We see the athletic trainer later today. It is not nearly as bad as last year but still not good. Today is her birthday too. This is the 2nd year that she is starting school with a concussion.

Tomorrow the kids start school and Piper is getting spayed and micro chipped. On top of going back to work. It is going to be a long day.

I really liked this quote when I read it. Little small things on the way you think can make a day so much better.

Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.

What is one positive thought you have had today?

Positive thoughts to start the day/week are being generated by the beautiful blue skies this morning. This is going to be my first "normal" work week this month, but my motivation this week is actually to do things differently... starting with doing my morning beach drive in the opposite direction. For weeks I've been wanting to stop and take a picture of these boats, and by going backwards I was on the right side of the street to pull over.

1661181855537.png

Other things I'm going to do differently: better food choices and getting up from my desk to eat lunch on the front porch, getting out for evening walks, unpack and set up the four things I've purchased that are still in boxes. The new console didn't get built over the weekend, but I think I've finally figured out what to do with the bookcase, so can now get moving forward.

And today is my consult call with the Psych Nurse to talk about getting a medical diagnosis for ADHD and potentially giving meds a try.

Good Morning. I am still on PTO today. I have been since the 15th. It was a great week. We didn't really do anything. Kids had practice, soccer games and their first football game (marching band). We are ending on a rough note. It looks like DD got a concussion on Saturday at her game. We see the athletic trainer later today. It is not nearly as bad as last year but still not good. Today is her birthday too. This is the 2nd year that she is starting school with a concussion.

Tomorrow the kids start school and Piper is getting spayed and micro chipped. On top of going back to work. It is going to be a long day.

I really liked this quote when I read it. Little small things on the way you think can make a day so much better.

Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.

What is one positive thought you have had today?

Piglet, I am very sorry to hear about your daughter. I truly hope that she heals well and is able to avoid future injuries.

Positive thought: This year will be better than last year. I can do hard things.

Thanks everyone. I haven't heard from DD today so I am guessing she is doing good. One her teachers did email me to tell me she was going good. I sent an email to them last night just letting them know what was going on. They all emailed me back last night. They didn't need to now was I expecting anything last night. It is looking like she has a great group of teachers.

Piper is doing good. The vet called just a little bit and said she is doing really. We had them check her ears thinking she had an ear infection but her ears are good. She does have a skin infection though on her belly that they found after shaving her.

For topic Tuesday - I am not sure. I haven't had a minute to think today. Lets go with: How did your summer go? Summer is coming to an end, did summer go as planned (does anything ever go as planned), was it better then you thought it would be? Did you do good with eating healthy and exercising?

Well, once again it feels like summer is getting away from me without me actually experiencing summer. I know this is an ADHD thing, but I'm still stressed about it.

Happy news tho, I had my 15 minute consult with the Psych Nurse yesterday, and someone had just very graciously canceled their appointment for 4pm tomorrow, so I get to go right in to start the evaluation process. I'm so excited about this because I was anticipating a delay in being able to get in. Really looking forward to learning more and getting better at managing life.

How did your summer go?
Not great in regard to weight loss. I gained a few pounds, but I expected it to happen, and it could have been a lot worse. I continued to log most of the time and made the effort to keep moving.
Summer is coming to an end, did summer go as planned (does anything ever go as planned), was it better then you thought it would be?
The renovation began two weeks late and took longer than expected, so it definitely didn't go as planned since it was supposed to be done by July 11 instead of mid August. I didn't get to entertain very much or even just hang out with friends like I planned. I'm very happy with my bathroom, but it ruined most of my summer plans.
Did you do good with eating healthy and exercising?

Not as well as I hoped.

How did your summer go?
Pretty well, I think - a good mix of work and play. My big volunteer project went well, and I saw family quite a bit. I think I'm ready for fall to start creeping in, though.
Summer is coming to an end, did summer go as planned (does anything ever go as planned), was it better then you thought it would be?
Of course not! I always have grand plans to accomplish things that don't actually get checked off the list. And a trip in June was canceled because DH had covid. But it was replaced with two trips - one by myself in July and one with all of us in August, so that was cool.
Did you do good with eating healthy and exercising?

Ehh, I lost a little and then gained it back - but overall, I think my routines are in a good place.

Last edited:
Positive thought: This year will be better than last year. I can do hard things.
Right there with you Summer. I realized a week or so ago I have faced and dealt with some of my biggest fears over the last 3 years and those don't even include the covid
For topic Tuesday - I am not sure. I haven't had a minute to think today. Lets go with: How did your summer go? Summer is coming to an end, did summer go as planned (does anything ever go as planned), was it better then you thought it would be? Did you do good with eating healthy and exercising?
Summer went mostly as planned which is a victory I think. Some parts could have been better but a lot of it could have been worse. So pretty content with it overall. Kids had fun, I got in some relaxation, vaca was great. Overall I'd give it a solid B+/A-.
Did I do with with eating healthy and excersizing? HAHAHAHAHAHA NO but its ok I'll get back there soon enough. Hoping with the kids being in school all day again I'll be able to get back into at least the excersize piece.

Summer was fantastic! Not better or worse than I thought, just great fun. I did do good with eating and exercise. Not knocking it out of the ball park good, but good enough! I plan to just continue moseying along doing my thing and making the healthiest choices I can. Like I gave blood on Saturday but I paced while I waited so I could get some steps in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter