August 2022 W.I.S.H. - Accountable August

Good Morning! It is WooHoo Wednesday. What is everyone woohooing?

I am woohooing that DD made it through school yesterday and that Piper is doing good. She is not happy with having a cone on and last night was rough. She refused to sit or lay down until on her own until about 4 am. At about 1 she sat down and I was to take her front paws and slowly lay her down. That lasted about an hour. I only got little cat naps in so I am exhausted. We will see if I make it through the day. Piper is laying down down and looks to be sleeping.

Woohoo.... today is the first day of the rest of my life. Well, I guess that's true of every day, but today is the start of a big turning point. I've been thinking about how getting med support will help with work and getting chores consistently done, then last night I realized I also want it to help make my life more fun as well.

Woohoo... I finally planted the shasta daisies Sunday and they look pretty darn happy. I'm making sure to water them every day, to give them a fighting chance.

Woohoo... yesterday I organized my make up area and this morning it was so much nicer getting ready for work.

Last edited:
Woowhoo getting everything ready to start school next week.
Woowhoo managed to get home safely last evening after an insane amount of rain near my office/a shut down highway. I left work over an hour late but had a left on time I would have gotten stuck in the mini-monsoon so a win.
Woowhoo I started hinge health this morning which is a virtual PT program offered by my employer. My back barely hurt on vaca likely due to all the walking and heat...as soon as I'm home bam ouch is back.
Not so woowhoo all I have wanted to do since getting home is eat! So aggravating.

Sending a great big THANK YOU to whomever is pulling the strings in my life right now.

First I got to go right in to see the nurse. Then part of the evaluation is taking a test, but when she tried sign me up for it there was an age limit of 60 (wth?). So she decided she really didn't need it because she knew it was ADHD from our conversation and she's already written me a prescription which I'll pick up today. I am so relieved and excited to be taking this step.

Thankful (again! For the 100th time) for curbside grocery pick up. On the same thread thankful for crockpots...dinner smells awesome.
Thankful all my kids (and niece) enjoy swimming. My MIL took them outside for a little bit and the quiet was welcome.
Thankful for having great in-laws

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!!! It has been a long week and I am glad it is almost over. DD is doing great. Her numbers have come way down and she was able to practice with the marching band last night. I think next week she will be able to do some light work outs with soccer and hopefully be able to play in about a week or so. We see the sports med doctor today and will see what she says. Pipe is also doing great. We switched her from the plastic cone to a soft doughnut thing and she is much happier.

What fun plays does everyone have this weekend?

This weekend is not to crazy for us. Tonight is the football where the kids will march. Tomorrow DS has an away soccer game I am debating on going to but it is about an hour away. Going depends on DD and if she will be at her game or not. I know she won't be cleared to play but I need to take her to at least support them. Sunday is a free day. YAY!!!!

It is overcast, cool and misty this morning and it has really flipped my autumnal cozy switch. I am so ready for sweaters, jackets and socks. Even more darkness with longer nights sounds good.

Today is the first day on the ADHD meds. I really do have high expectations on how they are going to help, so I have my fingers crossed it goes well. I'm foregoing caffeine this morning and not taking the herbal things I have been taking for the ADHD, to let the meds do their thing on their own.

I'm hoping to end the work day with enough gas left in my tank to get the lawn mowed today, then over the weekend my short list for household stuff is flipping the furniture arraignment in the office around, and (finally) building the new TV console. And of course getting in some nice long walks, along the water but also in the trees.

Happy Friday everyone!!! Just catching up on everyone’s posts!

This week has been busy and hectic for me as far as work goes!

Whooohooo Wednesday- DD started soccer and loves her team but she did struggle with her first practice post surgery. However-here’s my WHOO-hooo-after practice she went up to the coach and explained her surgery and potential limitations…6 months ago she would have asked me to send a email after we got home! So great to see her growing in her social skills ❤️

Thankful Thursday-so thankful that last night I did my grocery picks ups and got everything I needed for this weekend. DD has been caring for a neighbors dog due to her owner breaking her foot so I got some banana bread made for the neighbor and another loaf for my sister in law who just moved into a new home this week. Thankful I had rotten bananas and time for that last night!!

Weekend plans!!! Today I am taking DD, her friend and my niece to Hersheypark for our annual summer visit there. We got evening tickets due to the heat so we will do chocolate world first then move onto the park from 4-close.

Tomorrow we are having a before-Labor day picnic/belated family birthday celebrations-due to work schedules next weekend and a family member having surgery next week. So pumped I got all my cleaning and decorating done this morning so all we need to do tomorrow is cook and have fun!!

Sunday DD has a afternoon/evening event with youth group and she is beyond pumped-water slides, live music, food trucks…she can’t wait, so I am excited for her to have a great time with her friends!

I hope everyone has the best Friday!!

This week has been a whirlwind of meetings and workshops with some time to continue preparing for students. I'm full at 24 kindergarteners for the first time since 2020 when I switched from PreK to K. I'm thankful that we had a meet & greet yesterday and 9 of them came to meet me. That's 9 less kids and parents that will be lost in the sauce on Monday. I'm thankful that I am ready for the most part...there will ALWAYS be more to do, so I need to make peace with that. I brought some work home, but not a lot. I plan on swimming today and tomorrow and having some family time rather than obsessing about school.

My new AllBirds trainers came yesterday and I love them and had planned to start the day by taking them for a walk down at the beach, but it is grey and damp again this morning (yah!) so I've reversed order and started with some in-door things. Feels pretty good to start the weekend by getting things done.

On the not feeling so great side I was up a couple pounds on the scale this morning, ugh. All the more reason to get some good walks in this weekend. My December WDW is now only 3 months away (what!), if I don't get serious about training and dropping some weight now it won't happen, so I really need to buckle down.

Yesterday was a good day. I did lots of little things, basically anything I thought I should do I did, including eating well and doing my You Tube chair yoga before bed. I slept really well, so well that it actually shows up as a different pattern in my sleep report. But... I woke up with a head thick with congestion. Dang.

At this point I don't know what it is, hopefully bad allergies or a cold, but today is not going to be productive. Self-care is going to be lowing low, napping as needed and seeing what this is.

Had a wonderful weekend in Seattle with college friends. It was so relaxing! Just chilling, gabbing, hot tubbing, hitting the shuttlecock around with some badminton, and lots and lots of laughing. A couple people who didn't come last year came this year and it was so nice to see them! And our hostess had made us all sweatshirts so that was super comfy cozy. Especially since as Oneanne said, it was a bit chilly in the morning.

18BC6216-3450-4365-ADEE-051BC1BA8E6F.jpeg
Welcome to the last Monday of August!!! Have you been meeting your goals for this month?

August has been all over the map for me. I have done great most days and lost a little weight…but also have had more days than planned where my eating was not good. Picnics, amusement parks…hoping September has a few less “special events” so I can do a bit better!

Have a great Monday everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter