Aulani Car Rental question

kelleia1a

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at Aulani on July 16th with our kids for our 10 year anniversary and vow renewal. :cool1: We know we are going to have a lot of luggage with ceremony attire and my overpacking to be prepared for anything. Has anyone sent one person ahead to the car rental place while the other (and kids) stay behind to wait for the luggage and have the rental car pick them up? We booked a car through Thrifty and Alamo. The price was the same and there was just a difference of one category. We will start with Thrifty and change if the line is too long. Thanks for any help.

We will be arriving at Aulani on July 16th with our kids for our 10 year anniversary and vow renewal. :cool1: We know we are going to have a lot of luggage with ceremony attire and my overpacking to be prepared for anything. Has anyone sent one person ahead to the car rental place while the other (and kids) stay behind to wait for the luggage and have the rental car pick them up? We booked a car through Thrifty and Alamo. The price was the same and there was just a difference of one category. We will start with Thrifty and change if the line is too long. Thanks for any help.

We do this in Baltimore airport. My kids were teenagers and able to help with luggage while husband went to get car. Only bad part was line at rental car place was huge so long wait and then longer wait for husband to drive back to airport. We should have just gotten on shuttle later and met at rental car place.
If the shuttle is crowded like it was for us in Honolulu then you may have problems getting all on shuttle so plan to send someone ahead would be good

What airline are you flying in to Honolulu? The reason I asked is that we flew American airlines in to Honolulu and they have a luggage delivery service that we used. I believe it was $40 for delivery of up to 6 bags to your hotel. This was a godsend to us ... we have 2 disabled in our party of 4, one wheelchair, carry-ons and 4 large suitcases. We just got off the plane and took the shuttle to the car rental, got our car (and got upgraded to a mini-van) and we got a phone call that our luggage had already been delivered to the hotel when we were getting into our rental car.

We are flying Hawaiian Airlines. I haven't found anything about them offering luggage delivery. It would be a fabulous option, though. I would gladly pay for it. I wish Aulani offered something similar to Magical Express for Aulani. I don't even care about the transportation, just the luggage transfer makes vacation so much easier.

I thought I just read somewhere that Aulani was offering a shuttle from the airport to the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter