Aulani over New Years?

lunaland

Mouseketeer
I recently asked the matriarch of our large family what she wanted to do for her 60th Birthday and she chose, Aulani! Yay, right? I'm not so sure because.... her birthday is December 27! Because there are multiple families with multiple small children each involved, I'm assuming everyone will want to spend Christmas at home. So that means flying out Dec 26, and likely staying through New Years. How doomed are we? I'm the only one who has been to Aulani before, in early March and early December trips. They were wonderful! No real crowds, never trouble finding a place to sit, anywhere. We are lay by the pool or beach kinda people, but will probably do a day or two of excursions. We want to relax. Is that going to be possible this time of year?

I love Aulani at Christmas/New Year’s and have done it a couple of times. No, you’re not doomed but it will be crowded and you will have to pack your patience. Beach chairs may be easier to get, but you will need to get up early for pool chairs. They are pretty vigilant about the hour rule, so don’t plan on putting your stuff in the chairs and disappearing. As this is a busy time of year, you will also want to make dinner and excursion reservations in advance for anything you really want to do. A lot of the higher end restaurants only have prixe fix menus on NYE and require advance reservations. Definitely do your research ahead of time so you know what to expect.

Crowd Wise, I think you will be okay. Sure, there will be more people but I don't think it's too crazy. I feel some people lose patience too quick, and therefore their enjoyment. Be a happy go lucky person, and everything will be AWESOME!!!

Great3

@lunaland That's the only time of the year we've ever been there ... normally arriving on the 26th.

Short answer is that they'll be people and you might struggle to find chairs (especially for a large group) but we've never felt like the pools turn into human soup. Also, the beach is almost always partially empty. I don't think we've ever had an issue finding a chair

Does anyone have experience for the first week past the New Year? I am planning the trip after 1/1 just to avoid the crowd, and would like to get some info on how early I need to go and reserve the chairs. With a 2yo it is hard to leave the room early...

We've done this a few times and it is always a good trip. Yes, there are crowds. But, if you get up early and get going, you can get good seats. I had a hard time getting a reservation at Monkeypod three weeks prior. I don't usually go to the resort restaurants. You'll have to make a plan for New Years Eve supper. I saw quite a few people just picking up pizza at the Ulu Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter