Autopia going electric

I am torn on this. I understand the need for modernizing, but I'm weird and sort of liked the gas fumes. It unlocked good memories. But then again, I'm also the person who huffs one of my H20 lotion bottles when I need an endorphin boost. Apparently smells associated with memories are very important to me. 🤣

I guess I'll pick my battles. The one smell they better never take away from me is the Pirates bromine chemical water!

Last edited:
It's a well-known fact that sensory perceptions often become linked in our brains with emotions. Even if the smell isn't what you'd consider pleasant, if it's tied in with happy memories, it can evoke them when you smell it and bring out the happy vibes. Conversely, the experience can bring back the smell memory so maybe when we all ride the new odorless electric Autopia cars, the gas fume smell will rush into our minds :rotfl: .

This is screamingly overdue, of course., and they need to do it at MK, too. We (alleged adults) like the ride, but I always hold my breath in that area, since you can smell the fumes. I will miss the noises of the cars, though; hopefully, as someone mentioned, they'll pipe in simulated noise?

I’m also going to miss the rumble that you fee deep in your belly when you step on the accelerator. Totally not interested in a ride experience like being in a Johnny Cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter