Autopia going electric

I guess I can always go to Six Flags here in DFW if I want to inhale a nice amount of carbon dioxide coming off the putt-putt motors of the antique cars.

I'd imagine Honda will jump all over this. You want to get future generations interested in your cars? Give them something cool to experience in their youth and I guarantee it will leave an impression as they get to car buying age.

Kinda hoping they could use the new Autotopia as a literal test track-- wireless EV charging, perhaps? 'course 0-60 in 5 seconds in an EV would be awesome

Yay! No more stinky fumes! Although I do wish it was gone completely..such a waste of valuable real estate. I’m sure they could figure out some way to work around monorail tracks. I hate Pandora but even that would be an improvement. I know, I know…I’m in the minority…just like wanting a Marvel Night..I’m waaaaayyyyyu used to it by now :rotfl2:

So much so that my hubby and I have a joke about Costco…if they find out we like something, they immediately discontinue it.

Am I the only one who likes the smell, sounds and feel of the mechanical engine?

I can’t help but feel like some of what makes autopia autopia will be lost in the transition.

They're gonna need a charging bay the size of an aircraft hanger to handle all of the cars.

We'll let imagineering figure out the details. I imagine there will be a rotation whereby cars that are getting low get shunted off to a charging area and replaced by freshly charged vehicles. If they can keep the trackless vehicles in ROTR and MMRR charged up, I'm sure they can figure this out. It may be that the cars are only nominally self powered, since there is a guiderail on the course that could be used to supply power to the vehicles if cleverly designed. After all, they said they are going to "electrify" the attraction. Time will tell.

Perhaps the cars will have some sound effects, or onboard sound system, to fill the audial void.

And I wouldn't be opposed to them piping in just a hint of that old two-stroke exhuast smell...for old time's sake.

This is so overdue. Our kids love Autopia and we don’t mind the ride itself but noxious smells are practically suffocating for the 10-30m you wait to board (seems fine once you get out of the station).

Have any of y’all saying you’ll miss the smell actually been on the ride in the past couple years? I swear I can feel my brain cells dying off as I hear “yo soy Bird” over and over and over…

Ok, perhaps a little dramatic but I am very much looking forward to never sucking down autopia fumes again. I wouldn’t mind not hearing from Bird either, now that I think about it…

This is so overdue. Our kids love Autopia and we don’t mind the ride itself but noxious smells are practically suffocating for the 10-30m you wait to board (seems fine once you get out of the station).

Have any of y’all saying you’ll miss the smell actually been on the ride in the past couple years? I swear I can feel my brain cells dying off as I hear “yo soy Bird” over and over and over…

Ok, perhaps a little dramatic but I am very much looking forward to never sucking down autopia fumes again. I wouldn’t mind not hearing from Bird either, now that I think about it…
Yea but I also grew up in a third world country so it could also be a nostalgia thing as well.

Boo! This sucks!

Why??

I'm so happy about this. It's one of my son's absolute favorite ride and we have to end every evening with it. It will be nice to not have to breathe the nasty fumes. I think they may need to add some music or some sort of sounds. Maybe just speakers with fake road noise or something. Otherwise it's going to be quiet in a strange way.

Why??

I'm so happy about this. It's one of my son's absolute favorite ride and we have to end every evening with it. It will be nice to not have to breathe the nasty fumes. I think they may need to add some music or some sort of sounds. Maybe just speakers with fake road noise or something. Otherwise it's going to be quiet in a strange way.
It's a sort of complicated answer that most people won't understand. I'm really really going to miss the noise, the smells, the occasional bang-bang sounds of the engines. I have a lot of happy memories as a kid on that ride and the smell of it brings back all of those memories every time I'm there and I experience all of that. Am feeling kind of sad that it won't be like that anymore. And I really really really don't like electric vehicles. I understand that things change at Disneyland. That's ok. But I'm really going to miss the sensory experience that it used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter