Avg DVC points owned per member?

DanenRox

Disney Junkies
Don't want to double dip...has there been a poll as to the average number of points owned by DVC members? I'm just amazed by the number of members who mention owning over 250 points...sure, I'm jealous, but from a dues point of view...eeek! We own 150 points, though I have visions of a more "some day".
:3dglasses

There were 104,569 members according to the 8/14/2006 POS. An analysis we did to determine the total number of points came up with about 30,750,000 or about 290 points per member.

There were 104,569 members according to the 8/14/2006 POS. An analysis we did to determine the total number of points came up with about 30,750,000 or about 290 points per member.

I bet you will find the average Dis board member owns above the average, mostly because we're all a little NUTS about Disney....:thumbsup2

We own 270 at SSR but if CRV becomes a reality we will probably want to do a small add-on there of maybe 100 points.

Well, let's find out.

Polls asking about points per member have been done fairly often here, including one that is currently active at this link:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1371140

While it doesn't provide an average, it seems that with over 400 DVC members weighing in on the poll, over half are in the 100 - 300 point range.

As far as the dues, they are much less than people would be paying for the same number of nights at a WDW resort. If someone was paying $3,000 per year for WDW resort accommodations, that would be over 700 points worth of dues.

I know I"m not including the buy in cost, but I'm just reacting to this comment...

I'm just amazed by the number of members who mention owning over 250 points...sure, I'm jealous, but from a dues point of view...eeek!

I think we have a wide gamut of point ownership represented here on the DIS which I believe makes for great comments from many different perspectives. :thumbsup2

OK I tried, but I don't know how to make a poll. Would someone make one for me? I want to know how many DVC points disboarders own? Can you help?

We have 200.

I had asked my guide a while back and she told me a good deal of people have 400 so I am not sure if that is a good average or not.

I added up all the point on the point ownership poll thread last week one day and at that time the average as I recall was about 402.266 or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter