Back to the World (Disney that is) Day 4

panpant

Earning My Ears
Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg’s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Day 4

Woke up at 6ish and watched tv whilst Dad muddled about making some coffee “I hope that’s NOT decaf?”

The plan for today was to make a good start over to Animal Kingdom and then possibly over to Epcot for the Tapestry of Dreams parade.

Had breakfast today at the hotel, okay I suppose but not as good as I remembered it but that was 3 years ago so things change…

Dad drove over to Animal Kingdom and we arrived there at around 8.45 (I think) and then saw the large queue and that was after the queue to have your bags searched.

Hey ho, thought that whilst waiting for the park to open at 9am, we’d have a look around the Rainforest Café as we’d never really looked at it before. Took a few piccies of the animatronics there especially the leopard on the wall, well I hope that it was animatronics (gulp).
We then spotted an entrance into the park through the shop with amazingly nobody queuing but there was a Cast Member there waiting so it would have been rude not to have approached her and at 9am we were let into the park (remember the tip folks).

First up was It’s tough to be a bug, excellent but watch pout for the stingers – ouch.
Quickly on to the Kilimanjaro Safaris, spotted lots of animals in Simba 1 and even helped to catch some poachers, bit exciting that. After that we needed a break and headed for the Kusafiri bakery for a soda and a cinibon – mmmmmm.

Had a wander round the Pangani trail until the sun became so hot that Dad decided that we just HAD to get wet so over we went to Asia and the Kali River Rapids only to find that the Fastpass machines were shut and the standby line was 2 hours!! I didn’t need to get wet that much…

Had a look at the Maharajah jungle and realized that this was exactly the same point that we were at on September 11th last year when everyone was asked to leave the park, little did we realise at the time just what was truly happening in New York and Washington. Anyway, sorry, at this time thought that we could hear a roaring dinosaur calling so headed over to Dinoland USA.

Only a 10 minute queue for Dinosaur so grabbed a couple of fastpasses and did it twice – cooool.
The new part of the park was now open, Hester & Chester’s Dinorama and so had a quick look at the new ride Triceratops Spin, good ride, really lulls you into a false sense of security and then spins you into oblivion.

Had a mooch around the shops and had to buy a full set of Winnie the Pooh character beanies in safari gear before heading off in the car to Epcot as we both by this point felt the need, the need for speed and Test Track. Yesss, got there and of course, it was closed as it had broken down.

I had heard so many excellent things about the Beaver tails in Canada and just had to have one, so did, the chocolate and hazelnut one, they just have to be tried, they’re gorgeous.
Wandered round the World showcase and at the American amphitheatre, they had a 60’s/70’s band showcase and when we got there, the band Survivor were playing – excellent! Mind you the only song I remember was the one that most of you do and that was the last one they played “Eye of the tiger”.

Rode the Maelstrom at Norway and El Rio del Tiempo at Mexico and of course did a little shopping. Had a look at the Imagination Institute and look forward to seeing the new ride when it opens – the return of the one and only FIGMENT – yes!

By this time, the early Tapestry of Dreams parade was about to start so we headed over to Germany to watch it and to take about 50 pictures, thank goodness for digital cameras. The parade for those who haven’t seen it is breathtaking. The music is excellent and uses a version of the Tapestry of Nations soundtrack. The costumes are colorful and the choreography absolutely superb.

Left Epcot on a mission to find the AAA office, persistence finally pays off and within 1 minute of entering, left with 2 $99 Annual Universal Studios passes.

Not feeling very hungry so a quick trip to 7-11 for snacks followed by a pitcher of bud at the hotel bar and the usual.

Night night

Greg

:cool:

A great day. I must try the Beaver tails this year, they sound so nice:D

Kaylee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter