"Balance Due at Check-In" - anyone ever seen this before on a DVC reservation?

I've truly never understood how it's convenient to use one payment method vs another. We set up room charging less than 50% of the time and spending has the same level of ease either way.

What I love about the MB is that I'm sure to have with me what I need, always. It happened to me in the past that I was at the pool and I didn't have my wallet because I wasn't planning to buy anything but then I wanted something. Or that I forgot the room key inside the room. Or I left a FP in the room after an afternoon break. I know, I could just pay more attention, and I should, but that easy of mind I get now when I get at WDW is priceless.

What I love about the MB is that I'm sure to have with me what I need, always. It happened to me in the past that I was at the pool and I didn't have my wallet because I wasn't planning to buy anything but then I wanted something. Or that I forgot the room key inside the room. Or I left a FP in the room after an afternoon break. I know, I could just pay more attention, and I should, but that easy of mind I get now when I get at WDW is priceless.

Ah, see, I have a witz brand waterproof hard plastic case that I have on a lanyard, and I out all of that in there. At the parks I use my ravenclaw lanyard and at the pool I swap it for a simple lanyard. I used that pre-MB and since I believe we should all carry ID, insurance card, cc (backup for when systems go down even for the rare times I do a charge account), and cash with us, plus DVC card for discounts and TIW if we have it...there's no good reason to not have such a lanyard case. Oh and I carried fps in there when they were relevant at WDW, still carry them at dlr, and the relevant Universla stuff when there. :)

At the parks I use my ravenclaw lanyard and at the pool I swap it for a simple lanyard. :)

I'll get a hufflepuff one so we don't get confused. It's interesting to bring competitor's merchandise into enemy territory. Especially the trash bags (technical term for the $12 piece of saran wrap they call a "poncho") with the large universal logo on it. It works well on splash mountain. ;) wow, got off topic quick here.

So did that amount go back to zero when the renter checked out?

I actually had a couple renters this week and I noticed the same thing with each one. Very strange. I will have to check next time I am staying on my points to see if my own charges show up that way. I don't think I have gone into a reservation after I checked in.

I am here now and have been checking this out. Indeed our charges are showing up there. I have stopped by the front desk a couple of times and made gift card payments and the online amount updates immediately.

Maybe this is the first step of being able to see our room charges online.

Laura

I'll get a hufflepuff one so we don't get confused. It's interesting to bring competitor's merchandise into enemy territory. Especially the trash bags (technical term for the $12 piece of saran wrap they call a "poncho") with the large universal logo on it. It works well on splash mountain. ;) wow, got off topic quick here.

So did that amount go back to zero when the renter checked out?

I used to wear Tink lanyard to Uni and Ravenclaw to Disney. But the school tie lanyards are more soft and comfy than anything Disney has ever created so I've retired my Disney lanyards.

I also wear opposite zip-up sweatshirts when it's cold. :)

In our case once we let BofA know that the $5 charge was fine, they authorized the charges BWL was making and t all disappeared.

I am here now and have been checking this out. Indeed our charges are showing up there. I have stopped by the front desk a couple of times and made gift card payments and the online amount updates immediately.

Maybe this is the first step of being able to see our room charges online.

Laura

Fwiw our situation happened probably back in 2014. It was at Via Napoli where I noticed it and I think it was that year that we ate there. I'm almost positive it wasn't the last time I was in a park at Disney but if it was that was January 2015, so it was still a decent span of time ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter