Barbie finds her Prince Charming- our English wedding & Disneymoon June 2011!

Hi all!
Thank you for the comments, I've been on cloud 9 today, soo happy about booking the first part of the Disneymoon!! :cloud9:

I'm so glad we were able to book a stateroom with a verandah - although the 'virtual portholes' in the inside cabins of the Dream look fun! :goodvibes

I've used Mouse Fan Travel for our Travel Agent - they sponsor several of the Disney podcasts I listen to each week :thumbsup2 and I was lucky enough to meet the company owner, Beci Mahnken, while in WDW last December!
Obviously, I could plan all of this trip by myself - but with the wedding to think of beforehand.. it's going to be so nice to have someone there to organise my booking & sort out my ADRs, etc! :wizard:

Emma princess: x

Oohh That is good to know about Mousefan Travel. I see their ads on the Dis but I didn't know anyone until now who had experience with them. We'd like to go on a cruise on the Disney Dream. I was hoping we could do 2011 for our 25th wedding anniversary. :lovestruc

Cool, thanx for that. I tried using the UK Disney site to look up cruises, but its only showing me the Med cruises :confused3

Cool, thanx for that. I tried using the UK Disney site to look up cruises, but its only showing me the Med cruises :confused3

Yup it's hard to find info on the Disney Cruise ships from the UK - Virgin Holidays also only has the mediterranean cruises on its website at the moment!? :confused3

Oohh That is good to know about Mousefan Travel. I see their ads on the Dis but I didn't know anyone until now who had experience with them. We'd like to go on a cruise on the Disney Dream. I was hoping we could do 2011 for our 25th wedding anniversary. :lovestruc

Oh definitely try book a cruise Mindy!! When is your anniversary next year? .. the sooner you book a Disney cruise the better, prices just go up... use that to convince your DH! :rolleyes1

Maybe because its the new big thing right now, once that dies down maybe it will resume to normal cruise bookings.

Oh definitely try book a cruise Mindy!! When is your anniversary next year? .. the sooner you book a Disney cruise the better, prices just go up... use that to convince your DH! :rolleyes1

Our Wedding Anniversary is June 29th. The Anniversary of our honeymoon is actually solidly in July because when we planned our wedding, 18 months in advance (in order to be assured a booking at the University of Maryland chapel) we did not know that DH would be in the midst of a summer semester at the University. He graduated with his Biochemistry degree in May 86 and received his Computer Science degree in Dec 86. So between those two graduations he had a class to take. So we had our wedding, stayed overnight at a local Hilton hotel and went home to our apartment. He missed a single day of school because our wedding was on a Sunday (as most Jewish weddings are). After the semester eneded in July, we went on our Honeymoon. So we were married 3 weeks by the time we went to Hawaii. I wonder if the June/July time-frame is on or off-season for a Caribbean Cruise?:confused3

Hi everyone!

Sorry, not posted for a while... not very many wedding plans made over the last few weeks.

Couple of things.. I'm working on our Save the Date cards this weekend!

I've found a simple design from a website, that I'm going to personalise with some fabric butterflies & diamante to match my theme..

StDcardexample.jpg

I've also ordered something ... a cake topper! :rotfl:
I really like the style of these

www.artlockedesigns.co.uk

artlocke_designs_168x144-1.jpg

The designer is going to personalise it for us.. the groom will have a Port Vale football (soccer) scarf on its shoulders, and the bride will have a minnie mouse ear headband!!
They will be made to my specifications, like blonde hair for me.. flowers to match my real bouquet etc :goodvibes

That's about it for now!
I am maid of honour for my cousin on Easter Saturday (April 3rd) so alot of my weekends are taken up with plans for that at the moment! I've always been really close with my cousin, she's one of my bestfriends, so I love being a part of her big day!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend

OOhhh I love that wedding cake topper... its so nice and not at all like the ordinary plastic ones that people here use. Mine was a plastic bride & groom with a bit of decoration around it, but I personalized it by painting the hair black on the bride and painting the bouquet to match mine and I painted a mustache on the groom. ;)

You must post a picture of it with the Minnie ears and soccer scarf when it arrives.

Best of luck for your cousin's wedding. I know you'll be a great attendant for her and you'll look so lovely. Don't forget to post those pics too!

Great Save the Date! It's very classic and elegant!

I love the cake topper too! So cute! We didn't have a cake topper. I actually made chocolate stars to go on my cake to go with the whole "Wishes" theme!

ry%3D400

Cool Save the Dave, can't wait to see the finished product with Butterflies and Diamantes :) Cute cake topper :thumbsup2

I love the idea of the customized cake topper! It's great because it's something to represent both you are DF! Cute Save the Dates too!

we're planning a ceremony & reception at home in England, followed by a Disney extravaganza honeymoon... 5-night Bahamas cruise on the new Disney Dream followed by a week at the Grand Floridian! :yay:
We've never been on a cruise nor stayed at the GF – I planned this honeymoon when I was about 14 years old and heard Disney had cruise ships!! Luckily DF is learning to love WDW as much as I do.. and to be honest, the 'usual' HM to the Caribbean or the Indian Ocean just wouldn't suit us – DF gets bored lying on a beach all day! WDW and a cruise will give us that perfect mix of doing as much or as little as we want each day. :lovestruc

totally loving your honeymoon plan, will be so many great memories!!!
looking forward to reading along and seeing all the other subtle disney touches to the wedding...:cutie:

Just caught up with your PJ, and so far everything looks wonderful =) You two are a gorgous couple and it looks like you're wedding will be lovely!

Thank you for reading along and your kind comments!

I'm off to my cousin's hen party this weekend... three night stay at "Center Parcs" - it's a spa/fitness/adventure resort place, I've never been to one before but it should be good fun! 16 girls altogether.
As I'm MoH, I've made gift bags for each guest (bottled water, lip gloss, chocolates, bubbles, tissues... all the essentials!)
Also got the Bride-to-be the white Minnie ears headband (bought on our trip in December!).. hope she wears them!

Luv & pixie dust

Hope you have a great time :goodvibes Which Center Parc are you going to?

Hope you have a great time :goodvibes Which Center Parc are you going to?

The one in Sherwood Forest? Heading out on the road trip with my sister very soon! (We've spent all morning making cupcakes to take with us lol :goodvibes

Happy weekend everyone!!

Thank you for reading along and your kind comments!

I'm off to my cousin's hen party this weekend... three night stay at "Center Parcs" - it's a spa/fitness/adventure resort place, I've never been to one before but it should be good fun! 16 girls altogether.
As I'm MoH, I've made gift bags for each guest (bottled water, lip gloss, chocolates, bubbles, tissues... all the essentials!)
Also got the Bride-to-be the white Minnie ears headband (bought on our trip in December!).. hope she wears them!

Luv & pixie dust

Hope you had fun! It sounds like a great time! Can't wait to hear more updates and honeymoon ideas!

Hi!
Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

Thought it was time for an update!
DF & I went to a wedding fayre today, we talked to a really great cake-maker.. they can make just we'd wanted.. a top tier with 100+ cupcakes in vanilla & chocolate sponge :goodvibes

Here are some photos from my cousin's hen party...

DSC01877.jpg

This is the bride-to-be (my cousin) and my younger sister (Verity)
The three of us are really good friends - so I've asked them both to be my chief-bridesmaids! :hug:

Verity & I made lots of cupcakes to take to the hen party..

DSC01861.jpg

As I'm MoH, I got each guest a goodie bag for the weekend!

DSC01863.jpg

They contained essentials like: bottled water, lip balm, chocolate, tissues, pens, etc!

We had smoked salmon, bagels & champagne for breakfast!

DSC01872.jpg

On the Saturday night, we went to an American diner for a meal.. of course, I found a little Disney there!

DSC01888.jpg

The resort is a little too 'rural' for me... when we got back to our villa that night.. we had an unexpected guest..

DSC01896.jpg

no.. that's not Mickey!! :scared1: luckily, we opened the patio doors and it ran outside.. phew!! :eek:

luv & pixie dust

Hen party? Is that like a bachelorette party? Also, what exactly is an American diner? I always wondered if people in other countries have American restaurants like we have Italian restaurants, etc.....

Sounds fun! (Aside from the mouse...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter