Barbie finds her Prince Charming- our English wedding & Disneymoon June 2011!

Hi!
Thought it was time for a little update!!

My cousin's wedding last weekend was fantastic.. it was probably the first time I've been to a wedding of a couple I love & know really well... it was great to be MoH as I was so involved with all the preparations.... everything went perfectly, even the sun was shining despite the forecast saying it was going to rain all day :goodvibes
I got quite emotional during the ceremony, speeches & first dance.. quite unusual for me! (I'm the type of person who rarely cries in movies.. until recently, Up! made me ball my eyes out!! hehe.)

I planned a few suprises for my cousin.. the night before the wedding we went out for a meal and I gave her a scrapbook I've been making.. of our first 25 years together! :hug: she loved it, I was so pleased.. her mum (my aunt) cried over it!

My cousin also adores Starbucks coffee (like me!) .. so I made some personalised cups for when we were getting ready on the wedding morning...
DSC01920.jpg
DSC01921.jpg

Preparations..

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

Btw.. my Aunt loves Disney as much as I do!! This is a shelf in her lounge..
DSC01944.jpg

My cousin had dressing gowns made for me, the other bridesmaid and her Mum!
DSC01928.jpg
DSC01926.jpg
DSC01924.jpg

This is me after having my hair & makeup done..
DSC01934.jpg

I didn't really feel like 'me'.. as I normally use a lot of eye liner and mascara, but it was nice & sparkly.. and I'd usually wear my hair down but it was a change to wear it up and have my own 'stylist' to do it! :cutie:

Here are the bouquets after the florist delivered them..

DSC01942.jpg
DSC01941.jpg

This is the ceremony room at the hotel..

DSC01913.jpg

(I took this the day before as we went there to drop off some decorations)
I don't have any photos from the actual ceremony as I wasn't allowed my handbag with me! lol.

DF took this one when they were signing the registry..

IMG_3041.jpg

(I'm kinda hidden by MoB's fascinator! lol)

Afterwards we went to Bawtry Hall for the wedding party photos..

Andrea2.jpg

(I'm on the bride's LHS in the yellow dress!)
Andrea1.jpg

The meal was lovely, the whole day went slowly.. perfect!
This was them cutting their cake..

DSC01956.jpg
DSC01957.jpg

Their first song was 'Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol (used in Gray's Anatomy), it was a lovely choice :lovestruc

The next day they drove down to Surrey with us as they were heading off on honeymoon from London Heathrow airport... I was so pleased we got some 'extra time' with the newlyweds!!
We took them out for a meal that evening, I'd phoned the restaurant in advance to tell them we'd be with a newly married couple - and as we sat down, the waiter brought over a bottle of prosecco! :)

Me..
DSC01983.jpg

My cousin..
DSC01980.jpg

(check out her Disney 'just married' top - part of our wedding present to them!! very kindly posted to me by a fellow DISer.. MrsDisneyB2B, thank you Jenny!)

Then Monday morning we took them over to the airport.. it was quite sad to say goodbye, they're off to Australia for 4 weeks now!!

It's made DF and I even more excited to get married now... it made it feel more 'real'.. if that makes sense!?

Emma princess: xx

Wow.. the English sure take long Holidays. 4 weeks! That's awesome. My DH has several months worth of vacation time banked up, but never takes very much. If I didn't plan Disney trips, we'd probably hardly ever go anywhere! :scared1: Work Work Work..:surfweb:

I like the idea of your emergency kit. Sounds similar to my "handy kit" that I bring to Disney World. My handy kit is a plastic school box that includes safety pins, shapries, clothes pins, scissors, tape..

What are "plasters"? Is this Band Aids? I know dressing gowns are robes! There was one more thing in the emergency kit that I wasn't familiar with the term, but I forget. :rolleyes1

That was so nice of Jenny to send the Tshirt. Very nice. When I was there last week, I did see a new selection of bride and groom stuff. I'm trying to remember where it was that I saw it. I didn't really have much time to browse the area, but I do recall there was new items. It might have been at MouseGear. Believe it or not, I didn't do alot of shopping on this trip. My traveling companions were all into saving money and avoiding unnecessary purchases. To me, it is all quite necessary!:laughing:

I loved the yellow dresses!! So springy! The outdoor photo is gorgeous! Glad it went so perfectly. I hope your day does too!:hug:

Love the photos from your cousins wedding, looks like a lovely day and her dress is stunning.
Cute idea with the Starbucks cups :) and I love how you got her something Disney as part of her wedding gift :)

The wedding looks like it was just beautiful! :cloud9: And your cousin's dress is gorgeous...I love it! What a cute idea to do personalized Starbuck's cups! :goodvibes

I agree with everyone, those Starbuck cups are too cute! It get's my creative juices flowing. I love the scrapbook idea. That will be so nice to always look back on. :) It looks like her wedding was awesome. :)

Thank you for the comments everyone!

I was so pleased with the starbucks cups!! .. although try going into a Starbucks and asking for 10 empty tall cups.. the girl behind the counter looked at me like I was nuts! :rotfl: I tried to explain it was for a wedding morning... and I was happy to pay for them - she said "no it's fine.. just hide them, my supervisor mustn't see!" :laughing:

My cousin's dress really suited her.. it was a huge skirt though! there were ties underneath it to hook up the train, my Aunt & I tried to do it after the first dance, but we just couldn't work it out?! :confused3
I like the idea of a dress with a hoop under it for mine... but maybe a simpler style... not really sure yet - cannot wait to go try some on! probably be this summer :woohoo:

Mindy.. lol they are having a particularly long honeymoon/vacation! my cousin had to ask especially for it at her job because most company's here only let you take 3 weeks all in one go!
And her DH has worked at his employer for over 10 years.. and they give each employee who gets to 10 years a 10 week sabbatical! so he saved it until now... when they get back, he'll still have 5 weeks off work! :eek: wow.

Back to the accounting revision.... :surfweb: lol

The wedding looked wonderful and your cousins dress was gorgeous :goodvibes Love the mini van cake, so cute.

Cool idea with the Starbucks cups too :thumbsup2

What are "plasters"? Is this Band Aids? I know dressing gowns are robes! There was one more thing in the emergency kit that I wasn't familiar with the term, but I forget. :rolleyes1

Yup 'plasters' are 'band aids' Mindy! .. I didn't even think about that word being different in American/English.. hehe! (btw.. they were Winnie the Pooh & Disney Princess band aids .. of course! :cutie:)

Today there was a wedding showcase at Tylney Hall, our venue, so DF and I invited his Mum & Dad along because they'd not seen inside... DF's sister came too (one of my bridesmaids!) ... and they loved it!
DF's Mum almost cried when we showed them the ceremony room... it's that beautiful!! :lovestruc
We wandered around the gardens some more, it all looked wonderful in the sunshine with spring flowers... silly me didn't take my camera with us.. sorry! :upsidedow

The reception room was all decorated too - I sat at the top table for 'practice'.. sooo exciting!

We were thinking of having a semi-circle top table, but now thinking the traditional straight table is better for speeches... also can't decide whether to have bridesmaids on the top table too? :confused3

We spoke to a lovely photographer who does special discounts at our venue (8 hours for price of 5), a chair-cover lady & also a cake/decor lady... getting more & more ideas!!

Its great that the in-laws love the place :) Sounds like you got lots of ideas from the showcase too :)

Sounds like you're making some progress, Emma! :goodvibes We have finally figured out our date so hopefully I can get going on some things as well! I've been doing so much research but not much "doing" - hopefully that can change now! :yay:

Hi!

I thought I would use this PJ as a sort of PTR for my upcoming December trip... it is a sort of 'engagement trip' after all! :goodvibes

I had been planning this trip for Dec'10 before DF proposed.. and to be honest I thought he would say we'd have to postpone/cancel it due to the cost of the wedding lol. But.. we went through our finances and decided we were still ok to go ahead with the trip! :yay:

Neither of us have been to NYC before, so we're really excited about going there.. seen so much of it in movies & on tv (I'm a huge Friends & SatC fan!!) that'll it be amazing to visit.. especially during December during the festive season!:santa: - and then onto WDW for 6 nights of Disney magic! :wizard:

here is the plan so far...

8th December - Fly from London to JFK

NYC.jpg

3 nights at The New Yorker hotel (opposite Penn Station & Madison Square Gardens)

new_yorker_1penn2.jpg
NewYorkerHotel.jpg

1_1248919442_the-new-yorker-hotel.jpg
the-new-yorker-hotel-default.jpg

We'll have 2.5 days of sight-seeing and shopping!

Then -

11th December - fly from Newark to Orlando (just booked this today!), land at 2.20pm..
Then get the Magical Express to my 'other home'...

Boardwalk.jpg

Disney's Boardwalk Villas!!

We'll have 6 nights there in a Boardwalk View Studio :wizard:

Can't do detailed planning just yet at park hours won't be out to June lol.. but we're planning to do MVMCP one night :santa:

ADRs likely to include..

Crystal Palace breakfast (would like to do this on 1st morning there, had lunch several times but never breakfast!)

Mama Melroses (not eaten here before!)

Kona Cafe or 'Ohana (not visited Polynesian!)

Jiko or Yak & Yeti (probably do this on AK EMH night.. I'd like to see the park at night time then go for a nice meal at Y&Y or hop on a bus over to AKL!)

Chefs de France... or the new restaurant coming to Italy (Via Napoli) or Mexico (Cantina renovation.. will be TS in the evenings!)

Whispering Canyon Cafe (first visit to WL! also planning to book a surprise Sleigh Ride for DF too :lovestruc)

1900 Park Fayre - breakfast (did this with my sister last trip and loved it.. it'll be DF's first visit to Grand Floridian.. a sort of 'taster' before our Disneymoon next year!!)

Friday 17th - leave WDW about 4pm for flight back to London :sad1: .. never mind, then it'll be one week til Christmas Day! :santa:

That's the plans for now... all very up in the air, but I'm excited we have hotels, flights and DME booked!!
Going to get APs this trip as it'll work out more cost-effective for Disneymoon too!

Wow, Emma, you really have it all figured out! About the transfer to Newark Airport. You are right...with two big suitcases, it might really be a pain to try to get them on the train. Just wanted to let you know it was an option. People do it all the time but if you are unsure where you are going, it might be that much more of a pain to lug your suitcases around while trying it find your way... Is the 11th a weekend? I'd be happy to give you a lift to the airport! That would be fun! We could have breakfast!

I hear ya about the Little Mermaid. We actually had tickets for the second weekend it opened. We purposely didn't get tickets for opening weekend because we thought it would be crazy crowded but just a few days after opening weekend....THERE WAS A STAGEHAND STRIKE and all Broadway was shut down! Luckily, we got our money back and because it had gotten such not-so-good reviews, we decided not to reschedule. It didn't last very long at all....

I am so excited for you to visit NYC! I showed Tom your pics and he just rolled his eyes and "Ugh!" Apparently, that is his view when he gets off the train every day so to him, it reminds him of work! BUT the inside is sooo beautiful!

Sorry I'm rambling! All your restaurants look great! Some of our favs are on that list! :thumbsup2 CP breakfast, 'Ohana, Chefs....I'm excited for the 2 new WS restaurants too!

:woohoo: Two trips in one! I'm excited to hear all about your plans for your December trip - they sound great so far! I'm so jealous you're getting to visit NYC during the holiday season! I love NY, I try to get up there once a year or every other year and I have always wanted to go during the holidays! Be sure to take lots of pics while you're there to share with us! :goodvibes Oh, and definitely make an ADR for O'Hana - that was our favorite meal of our recent trip. So good! :thumbsup2

Sounds like such a fun trip! We will actually be arriving in Disney the 16th for our PS! I am very excited to go around Christmas. That's awesome you are adding NYC too. I have been a few times but never around Christmas and have always wanted to go then. Make sure you go ice skating at Central Park or Rockafeller Center, or both! Every time I have gone I have stayed right around Madison Square Garden and Penn Station as well and I think it's one of the best areas to stay in, because you can walk to times square, central park, etc. and Penn Station is right there to take the subway anywhere! Your Disney dinning plans sound great so far! I have one recommendation: Do Kona Cafe! It is our favorite breakfast place in Disney (The Tonga Toast is to die for!) I can't wait to hear more about your trip!:surfweb:

Sounds fabulous, have you planned out what you want to do in NYC?

Your restaurant choices sound fab, hopefully June will hurry up for you so you can start planning properly :)

Emma-your trip sounds incredible! NY is beautiful at christmas time. Being a NY'er if you have any questions about where to go or restaraunts or anything, let me know. SInce you only have 2.5 days I would make sure to go to Rockfeller Center for Ice skating and seeing the tree. Try to get tickets to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. Since you are staying at the New Yorker, you are right near the biggest Macys in the world and times square is one train stop away on the 1,2,3,N,R,W lines. For great NY pizza, go to Angelos. PM me and I will tell you where it is. If you really want shop and if you want to burn some cash-5th avenue baby! Bergdorf, Henri Bendels, Gucci, Prada, Armani, Pucci to name a few-all these store are on 5th avenue between 49th and 59th streets which is also near Rockefeller Center. Again PM if you have any questions about anything.

In Disney, O'hanas has a great breakfast. It's my favorite. I am so excited for you. You are going to have a blast.

Let me tell you my big dress story. I got married in 1986. I got engaged not too long after Diana and Charles's wedding was still in the forefront. Lady Sarah and Andrew got engaged right around the same time as I did. Their engagements and weddings really seemed to set the style for the time. My engagement ring was of similar style to theirs. Diana's of course you know is a deep blue sapphire surrounded by diamonds and Lady Sarah's was a lovely ruby surrounded by diamonds. Mine is a 3 caret pink tourmaline surrounded by diamonds. Nobody back then apparent considered how difficult it is to work around all day with a ginormous ring on your finger. Anyway, back to the dress. So My dress, was styled somewhat similarly to Diana's. It had a big huge princess like skirt with a very long train, though not nearly as long as hers. It was incredibly heavy to try to manage all night let me tell you!! Think of the weight of the dress you choose. I also had great big fluffy poufy sleeves. They could be worn on or off the shoulder. So the train all night was up and down up and down as my back would get achey after a while each way. The sleeves were up and down up and down. My shoes were very pointy and a bit too small. I have no idea how it came to be that my shoes were ordered a size 7 when I have worn a 7.5 for as long as I can remember.

The groom and bed man wore white tie and tails. DH wore cowboy boots while the other men wore the rented shiny shoes.

Its great that you are right on top of planning the Disney visit and the New York visit. All I have to say is while in New York, do try to find a Jewish deli and get a "black and white" cookie. They're awesome and you can't find "real" black and white" cookies anywhere else but NYC. Also bialys. They're like a bagel with the whole only halfway through and the texture is different and they're filled with a yummy oniony fillling in the hole. You can't find them anywhere else either. I miss them.

I like your choice of Yak & Yeti. We loved it. We did it for a late lunch at 2:30 and the parade went by while we were still there. Having a seat on the upper level by the front windows should give you a great view of the parade if you go during parade time.

I've never done Chrystal palace for breakfast either, just dinner.. hear its great. I loved 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. Yum!

I'm so impressed with your creativity. I know your wedding will be spectacular.

Mindy

Sounds fabulous, have you planned out what you want to do in NYC?

Your restaurant choices sound fab, hopefully June will hurry up for you so you can start planning properly :)

Thank you! .. I have ADR and park-day 'rough plans' but it's frustrating not being able to have any solid plans.. roll on June!

I'm currently reading through the Eye Witness NYC book... just got to Upper East Side chapter lol.. there is so much we want to do! There's all the 'obvious' attractions, but then I'll read about a little museum or place of interest in the guide book and think 'ooh we must go there too!' :laughing:

Emma-your trip sounds incredible! NY is beautiful at christmas time. Being a NY'er if you have any questions about where to go or restaraunts or anything, let me know. SInce you only have 2.5 days I would make sure to go to Rockfeller Center for Ice skating and seeing the tree. Try to get tickets to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. Since you are staying at the New Yorker, you are right near the biggest Macys in the world and times square is one train stop away on the 1,2,3,N,R,W lines. For great NY pizza, go to Angelos. PM me and I will tell you where it is. If you really want shop and if you want to burn some cash-5th avenue baby! Bergdorf, Henri Bendels, Gucci, Prada, Armani, Pucci to name a few-all these store are on 5th avenue between 49th and 59th streets which is also near Rockefeller Center. Again PM if you have any questions about anything.

In Disney, O'hanas has a great breakfast. It's my favorite. I am so excited for you. You are going to have a blast.

Wow.. thank you sooo much for all this info - I'll PM you soon! :goodvibes

Wow, Emma, you really have it all figured out! About the transfer to Newark Airport. You are right...with two big suitcases, it might really be a pain to try to get them on the train. Just wanted to let you know it was an option. People do it all the time but if you are unsure where you are going, it might be that much more of a pain to lug your suitcases around while trying it find your way... Is the 11th a weekend? I'd be happy to give you a lift to the airport! That would be fun! We could have breakfast!

I hear ya about the Little Mermaid. We actually had tickets for the second weekend it opened. We purposely didn't get tickets for opening weekend because we thought it would be crazy crowded but just a few days after opening weekend....THERE WAS A STAGEHAND STRIKE and all Broadway was shut down! Luckily, we got our money back and because it had gotten such not-so-good reviews, we decided not to reschedule. It didn't last very long at all....

I am so excited for you to visit NYC! I showed Tom your pics and he just rolled his eyes and "Ugh!" Apparently, that is his view when he gets off the train every day so to him, it reminds him of work! BUT the inside is sooo beautiful!

Sorry I'm rambling! All your restaurants look great! Some of our favs are on that list! :thumbsup2 CP breakfast, 'Ohana, Chefs....I'm excited for the 2 new WS restaurants too!

Thankyou too for this info Nikki! yup December 11th is a Saturday.
As I get my NYC plans together I'll see when & where it could work to meet you & Tom! :hug:

Lol that's funny about Tom rolling his eyes at the hotel pics as it's part of his commute!! (realised yesterday the hotel is on 34th Street... perfect street for a festive trip to NYC right?!)
I sometimes felt like that about London.. I've worked there sometimes & been to college too, but I found the commuting so draining & boring! - now I just go to the city a 'tourist'.. and I really enjoy it again!

Thank you everyone else for your comments.. I'm glad I'm including this little PTR here rather than a separate thread! :goodvibes

The ADR I'm really undecided about choosing is Kona Cafe or 'Ohana... both look delicious, but I'm worried the 'all-you-can-eat' style of the latter might leave us too full up?! I especially don't want to be stuffed if we head over to MVMCP that night! :santa:

Emma princess: x

If you are eating at either one before the party I would recommend Kona, as you should take your time to relax and eat when at Ohana :)

Hi!

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend... it's been soo warm here today, not like April in England at all! :cool2: I've had to spend a lot of the day studying, but at least I could sit outside in the garden!

Today my copy of the WDW planning dvd arrived!! :woohoo: DF thinks it's really funny that I still order it every year, he says I could probably write the script for it :laughing: !
But I've just been sat watching it and got unbelievably excited about my upcoming December trip AND Disneymoon!!! :cloud9:

For December.. I can't wait to show DF the Osbourne Lights, MVMCP, snow on Main Street.. and all the amazing christmas decorations :santa:

There's a section of the dvd about each resort, so I've watched the GF one & AKL Kidani Villas as 'research' for honeymoon.. :goodvibes

I've got real 'Disney goosebumps' just thinking about the two vacations.... so much more exciting than the accounting revision I've been doing today lol!

DF and I went out for a meal last night and got talking about WDW (as you do!) .. we agreed we want to have a really chilled out honeymoon - we'll go to the parks but not necessarily for the 8am EMHs like we usually do!

I asked him if he'd like to do a tour (like I did KTTK in Dec'09) but he wasn't sure, said he didn't want to 'ruin the magic by going backstage' :wizard: awww!
However, he said he would like to do the Epcot Segway tour.. fine with me!! something else to fit in to the 'schedule' :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter