Belize City Excursion Suggestions

suzismini

Earning My Ears
I was looking at Lamanai, but six hours of travel for one hour of ruins seems excessive. Any suggestions?

I was looking at Lamanai, but six hours of travel for one hour of ruins seems excessive. Any suggestions?

That is quite a long journey - I think I did Chaccochoben ruins at Costa Maya several years ago if you are doing that stop as well.

As for Belize, I did the Jaguar Paw Cave Tubing and Jungle Trek with Lunch. I really enjoyed it. We bused a little over an hour into the rainforest and then we divided into groups of eight and were given a guide. Then we carried the tubes with us for about 20-30 minutes as we walked easily through the Rainforest/Jungle. I am not in shape at all and didn't have any issues. Then our tubes of eight people were tied together and the guide took us through the caves. We had life vests and helmets with light on them so we could see stuff in the caves. I liked it. It was fun and different.

Not sure what other ports you are doing but it is part of the second largest barrier reef (to Great Barrier Reef) so if you want to snorkel that would probably be good too. The second largest barrier reef extends through several ports such as Roatan and some of Mexico too

We did Lamanai with NCL and had a great day! The bus ride going was interesting because the guide talked most of the way. The riverboat ride out and back was for me the best part of the the excursion. We didn't see many animals (I'm still not convinced the one bird wasn't an animatronic) - but the scenery is beautiful and the ride was fun! The boat seated about 30, but it moved. We had an hour in the ruins. All that said - while I'm very glad I did it, I'm not sure I'd do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter