Best Beach you've ever been to?

Depends on the criteria.

Best waves/most fun to play in, Waimea Bay, HI.

Best to just hang out in the water, Sunny Isles Beach, FL.

Best action packed, Waikiki, HI.

Best for a day trip, Waimanalo Beach Park, HI.

Right next door to Robin's Nest(Original Magnum PI), Kaiona Beach Park, HI.

Oddest named I have visited, Cockroach Cove, HI.

Closest to family, Tybee Island, GA.

Most isolated I have visited, Rose Island, Bahamas.

Next vacation, Vero Beach, FL.

And on and on....so many good beaches.

Depends on the criteria.

Best waves/most fun to play in, Waimea Bay, HI.

Best to just hang out in the water, Sunny Isles Beach, FL.

Best action packed, Waikiki, HI.

Best for a day trip, Waimanalo Beach Park, HI.

Right next door to Robin's Nest(Original Magnum PI), Kaiona Beach Park, HI.

Oddest named I have visited, Cockroach Cove, HI.

Closest to family, Tybee Island, GA.

Most isolated I have visited, Rose Island, Bahamas.

Next vacation, Vero Beach, FL.

And on and on....so many good beaches.
Just spent a week at Vero Beach. Was the first time.

I don't think I've been to a beach that I didn't enjoy, so all of them.

Especially if there is a taco stand nearby. Then it's perfect.

We’re blessed to live in Pawleys Island, SC, so my favorite beach is the one I can walk to from my house. We’re grateful every day for the opportunity to live and work here.

Been on 12 cruises and the best beach has been St Maarten. Fabulous.

Best US beach for me is Hilton Head. Tybee Island is #2.

Going to Hawaii in 2021 so maybe that will become #1 overall.

We always vacationed in Clearwater Beach when I was a kid. I hated that beach. I do not like water where I can’t see my feet. One year, my grandma decided she wanted to stay in Destin instead, unfortunately my immediate family still wanted to go to CB. I ended up riding to Destin with my grandma and my family stopped there and we all had dinner before heading the rest of the way. We got to go to that beach for about 20 minutes. It was breathtaking! My grandma ended up hating it, though - no seashells.

We always vacationed in Clearwater Beach when I was a kid. I hated that beach. I do not like water where I can’t see my feet. One year, my grandma decided she wanted to stay in Destin instead, unfortunately my immediate family still wanted to go to CB. I ended up riding to Destin with my grandma and my family stopped there and we all had dinner before heading the rest of the way. We got to go to that beach for about 20 minutes. It was breathtaking! My grandma ended up hating it, though - no seashells.
Clearwater beach is so over rated.

Megan's Bay is beautiful.
Puerto Villarta- there a couple weeks ago during our Panama Canal cruise, the water was blue, clear, beautiful.
Antigua-never saw such blue water in my life!
Castaway is very nice, Serenity Bay especially peaceful and relaxing
Aulani- just perfect, lagoon heaven!

Of those I've visited personally - Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos!
Grand Cayman was not quite as impressive.
Ohhhh, Lumahia Beach on Kauai !
That photo above, from St. Johns looks amazing!

I had posted this beach-cam from the Panhandle, emerald coast, of FL.
Cant wait to be in the area soon!
Gorgeous beach, but a bit hazy/overcast weather today - so not like that photo above.
https://old98destin.com/beach-cams/crab-trap-okaloosa-island/

Last edited:
Probably Ka'anapali - although like others have said, it depends on what we're there for. Probably the most fun I've had on a beach was boogie boarding with my boys on Cocoa Beach.

Waikiki Beach. It was so much fun. The view of diamond head and all the hotels was so gorgeous. Definitely not a secluded quiet beach, but that kind of beach is just not my style. I like lots of hustle bustle LOL!

Koh Lipe, a tiny tourist island in Thailand. Amazing.

More recently, the second runner up would be Mullet Bay Beach in St Maarten. Was just there last week and was blown away. Soft white sand (although not the most powdery I have enjoyed) and crystal clear water. So much fun snorkeling from the beach. The water was only very mildly salty and didn't leave that sticky feeling on your skin. And it was only a 10-15 min walk from the famous Maho Beach where planes land over your head.

We were on a cruise and ported at Labadee, Haiti just a couple of days later. Had a blast on the beach but the water was saltier (so had the sticky residue) and although clear, was not as crystal clear as St Maarten.

We were at Mullet Bay beach twice (and with my parents as a teen twice), back when there was a resort there. Mullet Bay resort was the best, long gone now from a hurricane

Trunk Bay on St. John's. I just told posted in a DCL thread that if you ever port in St. Thomas and have an excursion to St. John's, take it! It's what beach calendars are made of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter