Best crime shows & documentaries?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
The list is a bit thin now since I've gone through so many, looking for documentaries and well done dramas.

Watched Kate Winslet in East Town & liked it a lot last week, am watching the Real Manhunter right now. I like it best when the bad guy is brought to justice, Sons of Sam or Cropsey were well done too.

I enjoy most true-crime documentaries that Netflix puts out: The Ripper, Sons of Sam (as you mentioned), Night Stalker, The Keepers, The Confession Killer and the one about the Cecil Hotel have all been good.

If you have NetFlix try Lupin. It's French and you can watch it either dubbed or with the subtitles. Great acting and scenes of France. Only 10 episodes right now so it's an easy one to finish.
I just started watching this and I love it! I usually hate shows with subtitles but this one is so good I don’t mind.

Have you tried Unbelievable on Netflix? It’s based on a true story and the acting is fantastic.

Broadchurch, with Olivia Coleman and David Tennant. It was brilliant and very good with the mystery aspect. I recommend it highly.

American Murder is a documentary about Chris Watts' killing of his wife and two young daughters, told entirely through real footage. I was absolutely engrossed at how such a seemingly ordinary man could be such a monster.

I believe both of these shows are on Netflix.

Broadchurch, with Olivia Coleman and David Tennant. It was brilliant and very good with the mystery aspect. I recommend it highly.

American Murder is a documentary about Chris Watts' killing of his wife and two young daughters, told entirely through real footage. I was absolutely engrossed at how such a seemingly ordinary man could be such a monster.

I believe both of these shows are on Netflix.
Agree with Broadchurch. One of the best TV shows ever written in my opinion, with amazing performances.

I love ALL true crime and crime stories.......love the above mentioned ones and want to add another thumbs up to Mindhunter....loved that series.

MJ

"The Act" on Hulu
"The Murder of Laci Peterson" on Amazon Prime
"I Am A Killer" on Netflix

And on YouTube, I adore Bailey Sarian's true crime series. She does her makeup and tells a true crime story at the same time. Sounds boring, but she's a really good storyteller and covers some really interesting cases.

Edit to add: "Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer" on Hulu. Ted Bundy has been covered many times, but this one is told from the perspective of his longtime girlfriend.

Another good one was the documentary about the NXIVM cult. The daughter of actress Catherine Oxenberg tells how she got sucked into the cult and what it did to her.

MJ

Molly's Game is a movie based on a book based on a true crime story.

Icarus is a documentary that starts investigating doping in cycling and then takes a turn.

The new Unsolved Mysteries episodes are all 40+ minutes devoted to one story, unlike the original version of the series.

I am not huge into Documaentires cause what ever the writer wants to show, then will be the only facts you get, but as far the tv promas I jist love them, I tape all of then on Discovery, and there are some on is it cnn 2, nd the womens stayion that has snapped, they also got a few others I tape all of then, and watched in bed when im done with day, I like to be a bu]it wiered ut at bed time, but I love all of there,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter