Blackstone griddles... one of the best things I have bought.

Thanks. I saw that. But other than the actual cooking surface, griddle vs. grate, is the heating 'guts' of the unit basically the same as a grill? Looks like it.
Yes. Same as a gas grill as far heating. Gas burners. Propane tank for fuel.

So is it a grill with a flat surface rather that a grate?
Yes. Same as a gas grill as far heating. Gas burners. Propane tank for fuel.
So, if I were to replace the regular grates on, let's say a Weber gas grill, with a flat griddle cooking surface, I have like what's being discussed here on this thread?

Like this....

www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/accessories-by-category/tools--et--cookware/griddle-7404/7404.html

My husband just got a Blackstone last week and he loves it! He’s made several meals on it already. He says it’s so much easier and more versatile then cooking on a regular grill. He’s been wanting to get one for about a year now and now that he has one, he wishes he would’ve purchased one sooner. Happy grilling, everyone!

I ordered a travel trailer and it will come with one made by Suburban, but basically the same design. I'm kind of indifferent to actually getting it, but I do hope I end up liking it. it seems like seasoning it properly is absolutely key.

Our dear friends bought one for DH for his birthday last month... we just got it today and he excited to use it. Our friends have one and we have had some amazing meals cooked on theirs.

My DH really loves his too.
He got his for Christmas and because of winter in the Midwest he hasn’t been able to use it much. Now that it’s getting nice outside he’ll use it a lot more.

I am waiting on the new electric one that walmart carries from blackstone to come back in stock. They sold out very quickly but the reviews have been pretty good. I love the fact it has a large glass cover so I can help reduce grease splatter. Will be able to use it outside as well but really useful for our rainy winters indoors. Husband loves his smoker and really not enough room out on the patio for the larger blackstone outdoor.

Well I finally got one! Bought the 28” Pro Series Stainless Steel one yesterday and spent time this morning seasoning it. Getting ready to make shrimp fajitas on it for dinner tonight.

Anyone care to share some of their favorite meals/recipes for it?

Are you able to get a smoke flavor with one?

Was wondering that too. Part of the flavor when using a BBQ is the food dripping on the heated surface creating smoke/flavor. Seems like it would be useful for certain breakfast food (eggs, bacon, pancakes), but would rather have a traditional grill for most other things. If it is flat, does the food sit in grease while cooking? Seems it would need to be slanted somewhat to allow for the grease to drain away.

Are you able to get a smoke flavor with one?
Really it would be no different than using an electric griddle in your house, or a cast iron griddle on your gas stovetop. In fact, that would be a perfect analogy, it would be like cooking on a cast iron griddle on your gas stovetop.

I would get one if I wasn't' where I'm at currently. I'm a very private person and massive introvert and it's driving me crazy being stuck in a trailer park at the moment with everyone so close together. The way I'm oriented and being on a corner with an empty space behind me it's more like the spacing of a housing neighborhood, but it's still way too much for me. I use to live in the middle of nowhere and I am working to get back to that. I can't go out and enjoy outside because of being on top of everyone else. It's just weird.

Was wondering that too. Part of the flavor when using a BBQ is the food dripping on the heated surface creating smoke/flavor. Seems like it would be useful for certain breakfast food (eggs, bacon, pancakes), but would rather have a traditional grill for most other things. If it is flat, does the food sit in grease while cooking? Seems it would need to be slanted somewhat to allow for the grease to drain away.

I thought that too until I used it. Works really great. Would highly recommend. The food is not sitting in grease at all since you only use a teeny bit of oil. The food also doesn’t flare up, so your steak or chicken doesn’t go up in flames.😂
You can also cook everything pretty much in one pan so to speak. I don’t usually jump on trends, but I have to say I am very happy I decided to get one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter