BLT or RIV or BWV??

we LOVE LOVE BRV! So relaxing and the views from the lake side of the BRV bld are nice! the boat toMK is easy and the bus to other parks was nothing horrible at all. In fact for fun we have also boat to CR then monorail to epcot.

Crowds may be high, but we are going either way! Our AP's expire april 12th so we chose a week that worked best for us.

I'm sure we'll be fine too. Maybe we just won't hit the parks so hard and enjoy the resort more...all the more reason to choose the right one!

Good luck!

I'm sure we'll be fine too. Maybe we just won't hit the parks so hard and enjoy the resort more...all the more reason to choose the right one!

Good luck!
What are your opinions of BLT Lake view studios? We never stayed there, only in the Tower at CR years ago.

We always do split stays with BWV's for Friendship boats, Showcase entrance to EPCOT, rental car dropoff at the Swan. That BWV coffee in the lounge always seems like the best coffee in WDW too. I just love mornings on the Boardwalk.

I will be there those dates as well. I’m trying for BCV. That’s our Spring Break here in Illinois, and we have to travel then because I’m a teacher and my sister is too and she’s going with us. The parks will be packed but 🤷‍♀️

I like Epcot area, so I vote BWV. :)
Its not our local spring break, but I am a Para educator in an elem school and a Dance teacher. Just taking the week off, oops! Our actual break is 3rd week of April but our AP's expire april 12th so we are going when we can! I like BWV too and we havent stayed there in a few years, only dislike the lack of qs options.

Hello!

We currently have a reservation for next March at our home resort, BLT. We have been considering moving to an EPCOT area resort at the 7-month mark since we also are staying at BLT in June and also since this trip is just DH and I we would possibly be spending more time at EPCOT.

Our first choice was BCV, but as we get closer to the 7-month mark, that is looking less and less likely. The Tower Studio at RIV is showing still available, as is a Garden view at BWV, at which I have never stayed.

Assuming they remain available, would you switch from BLT (I have stayed here many times) to either RIV or BWV?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are. :-)
BCV is our home resort and it is absolutely beautiful, however, we LOVE staying at BWV. Would highly recommend staying here if it is still open at the 7 mo. window. Garden view can sometimes still give you a view of the lake btw. Also, staying at BWV gives you the option of a nice walk to DHS if you did not want to take the boat.

What are your opinions of BLT Lake view studios? We never stayed there, only in the Tower at CR years ago.

I've only stayed in a BLT studio once and it was a standard LAKE view, but we had a decent view of the MK...

Zoomed in...
With a Lake View, I'd request even number room, North side of the building for a similar (but higher up) view.

The only other studio I've stayed in was the Poly, which is huge so I can't really compare the size to that. People say the BLT studios are the smallest, but it was just DH and me and we had plenty of space...

I kind of liked how the kitchenette was tucked away...

And the bathroom was a decent size...

I think it will be a little cramped with four people, but so are cruise ship cabins and we've done that with four people multiple times. And these are definitely bigger than that!

I do love BLT and would be super happy to stay here every time. You cannot beat the walk to and from the MK, or the TOTWL being right there.

I might have just convinced myself to stay put 😆

We always do split stays with BWV's for Friendship boats, Showcase entrance to EPCOT, rental car dropoff at the Swan. That BWV coffee in the lounge always seems like the best coffee in WDW too. I just love mornings on the Boardwalk.

And now you've got me sold on the BWV. What lounge are you referring to with the good coffee? I know very little about this resort. You've made it sound lovely though :goodvibes

I will be there those dates as well. I’m trying for BCV. That’s our Spring Break here in Illinois, and we have to travel then because I’m a teacher and my sister is too and she’s going with us. The parks will be packed but 🤷‍♀️

I like Epcot area, so I vote BWV. :)

I think BCV is out, at least for me anyway because there are only three nights available and then it's super sketchy. Someday I'd love to get back there but I don't think it'll be this trip.

Its not our local spring break, but I am a Para educator in an elem school and a Dance teacher. Just taking the week off, oops! Our actual break is 3rd week of April but our AP's expire april 12th so we are going when we can! I like BWV too and we havent stayed there in a few years, only dislike the lack of qs options.

I just saw your post over in the "March 2020" thread...I have to go join that discussion too.

We have always gone in April as well and I just love that time of year, but with the way Easter falls this year, I just won't do it. I don't blame you for trying to get another trip out of your AP...mine expires in April as well, though I will be renewing it because we are going again in July with the whole family so we'll be getting DH an AP too.

BCV is our home resort and it is absolutely beautiful, however, we LOVE staying at BWV. Would highly recommend staying here if it is still open at the 7 mo. window. Garden view can sometimes still give you a view of the lake btw. Also, staying at BWV gives you the option of a nice walk to DHS if you did not want to take the boat.

That sounds really nice! I think you all have me sold on the BWVs if we can get it :thumbsup2

EDITING-I just realized this was from 8206 on the 12th floor, making it a Lake View Studio. I'm sorry! I don't mean to mislead anyone!

Last edited:
I've only stayed in a BLT once and it was a standard view, but we had a decent view of the MK...
View attachment 423654

Zoomed in...
View attachment 423655
With a Lake View, I'd request even number room, North side of the building for a similar (but higher up) view.

The only other studio I've stayed in was the Poly, which is huge so I can't really compare the size to that. People say the BLT studios are the smallest, but it was just DH and me and we had plenty of space...
View attachment 423656

View attachment 423657

View attachment 423658

View attachment 423659

I think it will be a little cramped with four people, but so are cruise ship cabins and we've done that with four people multiple times. And these are definitely bigger than that!

I do love BLT and would be super happy to stay here every time. You cannot beat the walk to and from the MK, or the TOTWL being right there.

And now you've got me sold on the BWV. What lounge are you referring to with the good coffee? I know very little about this resort. You've made it sound lovely though :goodvibes

I think BCV is out, at least for me anyway because there are only three nights available and then it's super sketchy. Someday I'd love to get back there but I don't think it'll be this trip.

I just saw your post over in the "March 2020" thread...I have to go join that discussion too.

We have always gone in April as well and I just love that time of year, but with the way Easter falls this year, I just won't do it. I don't blame you for trying to get another trip out of your AP...mine expires in April as well, though I will be renewing it because we are going again in July with the whole family so we'll be getting DH an AP too.

That sounds really nice! I think you all have me sold on the BWVs if we can get it :thumbsup2
we will renew too, but just figured March will work best for us this spring! Thanks for the pics!

I've only stayed in a BLT once and it was a standard view, but we had a decent view of the MK...
View attachment 423654

Zoomed in...
View attachment 423655

View attachment 423656

View attachment 423657

View attachment 423658

View attachment 423659

Love the pictures, makes me want to stay at BLTs again. I only stayed there once but we really enjoyed it. We stayed in a studio, just my hubby and me, had a very time and the room was plenty big for the two of us. The location is great for dinning in the MK resort area and TOWL which we normally don't visit because we usually stay at BW, not real convenient to get back at night from TOWL. :flower1:

I just wanted to come back here and post an update...

My 7 month day was last Friday. I was logged in and in the modify area right at 8 am. I saw the Garden View at BWV available so I was hopeful, but by the time I clicked through it was no longer available. Sigh. It's really fine, I guess I just had my hopes up a little for an EPCOT resort.

I guess the old saying, "buy where you want to stay," is true and I really do love BLT so I'm totally happy to stay there again.

I hope all of you that were planning on switching at 7 months have better luck than I did!

I just wanted to come back here and post an update...

My 7 month day was last Friday. I was logged in and in the modify area right at 8 am. I saw the Garden View at BWV available so I was hopeful, but by the time I clicked through it was no longer available. Sigh. It's really fine, I guess I just had my hopes up a little for an EPCOT resort.

I guess the old saying, "buy where you want to stay," is true and I really do love BLT so I'm totally happy to stay there again.

I hope all of you that were planning on switching at 7 months have better luck than I did!
all your dates were gone while you were trying to modify? I'm sorry that didnt work out, I understand wanting to try somewhere else and stinks it didn't work. Did you think about waitlisting the dates? Can't hurt!

all your dates were gone while you were trying to modify? I'm sorry that didnt work out, I understand wanting to try somewhere else and stinks it didn't work. Did you think about waitlisting the dates? Can't hurt!

No, all my dates were there until 8 am and then the first day was gone so it wouldn't allow me to book. I have both BWV and BCV waitlisted but I'm fairly certain they won't come through.

Maybe next time!

I just checked for my trip and BWV is still open, now I am wondering if I should add 2 nights on the front to book the dates and then lop off the two I dont need. Crossing my fingers a waitlist comes through for you, but all else at least you like where you are booked. Same for us, we are totally OK at OKW, but don't mind other resorts too!

No, all my dates were there until 8 am and then the first day was gone so it wouldn't allow me to book. I have both BWV and BCV waitlisted but I'm fairly certain they won't come through.

Maybe next time!

FWIW, I had a split stay over Thanksgiving this year (BLT and BWV). We had BWV for all but Thanksgiving Day and the day after. We decided we did not want to split on Thanksgiving with the way ADRs seem to work. We got within 3 days of my ADR day and the waitlist filled. We were able to book our Thanksgiving ADRs with friends we are travelling with no problem.

All that is to say, don't give up hope. There were times I thought about just bagging the WL thinking it would never fill for Thanksgiving Day and just see what ADR we could get for Thanksgiving Day when our split window opened up. The timing was a little slower than I was comfortable with, but sticking with it made everything work seamlessly for our upcoming trip. We own at both BLT and BWV....you just can't go wrong with either place. :) Good luck!!

FWIW, I had a split stay over Thanksgiving this year (BLT and BWV). We had BWV for all but Thanksgiving Day and the day after. We decided we did not want to split on Thanksgiving with the way ADRs seem to work. We got within 3 days of my ADR day and the waitlist filled. We were able to book our Thanksgiving ADRs with friends we are travelling with no problem.

All that is to say, don't give up hope. There were times I thought about just bagging the WL thinking it would never fill for Thanksgiving Day and just see what ADR we could get for Thanksgiving Day when our split window opened up. The timing was a little slower than I was comfortable with, but sticking with it made everything work seamlessly for our upcoming trip. We own at both BLT and BWV....you just can't go wrong with either place. :) Good luck!!

Thanks! I'm seeing less and less availability there now so I'm kind of thinking it won't happen. I'll keep the waitlists though because, why not, right?

I am looking forward to staying at BLT though :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter