Boardwalk Owners And Lovers Thread!!!!!!

Disney Kim

Mouseketeer
Me and DH are staying at Boardwalk Villas beginning of Sept, Its our first visit as DVC members!!!

We used our developer points for this visit!!

Got a 1 bedroom, preferred view (not sure what that means)

Tell me all about the resort!!!

What will we love and what should we do? see??

Disney kim when i first started the OKW Lovers thread I asked the same question then someone posted change the title to OKW Lovers Thread --no ??? mark .
So change the title of your thread to BOARDWALK OWNERS AND LOVERS THREAD!!!!! :love: should get results cause I know there alot of Boardwalk lovers out there ..hope it helps
Hugs Mel

I do not own at Boardwalk, but I really love the resort. I do not think that there is any lobby in the DVC family that can compare to the detail and beauty of the Boardwalk's lobby. (AKL is highly theamed, but I still like Boardwalk's better). You BW owners should be proud of your resort!

Disney kim when i first started the OKW Lovers thread I asked the same question then someone posted change the title to OKW Lovers Thread --no ??? mark .
So change the title of your thread to BOARDWALK OWNERS AND LOVERS THREAD!!!!! :love: should get results cause I know there alot of Boardwalk lovers out there ..hope it helps
Hugs Mel

Thanks!!! :cool1:

We love BWV. If I am correct prefer view could either be view of the pool or if you're lucky, view of the Boardwalk. To be sure, you should call DVC and ask for the Boardwalk view. We've stayed at Boardwalk with prefer ( pool), prefer (Boardwalk) and standard view. I love the Boardwalk view because at night, we can "hang" out on our balcony and see all the people and entertainers on the boardwalk, and even see some of the fireworks from Epcot.

Enjoy your stay.

:banana: :cool2: :laundy:

What will you love?

Location, location, location.

Not fighting for a bus at 2 of the 4 parks is a major plus IMO.

Lobby is awesome.

Pool is great.

The walk from elevator to your room if it's near the end of the hallway isn't nearly as far/long as you might think by reading some posts here.

ESPN-- No need to elaborate on this one...

Boardwalk entertainers. Sometimes they are in the lobby too.

What will you love?

Location, location, location.

Not fighting for a bus at 2 of the 4 parks is a major plus IMO.

Lobby is awesome.

Pool is great.

The walk from elevator to your room if it's near the end of the hallway isn't nearly as far/long as you might think by reading some posts here.

ESPN-- No need to elaborate on this one...

Boardwalk entertainers. Sometimes they are in the lobby too.

What do you mean by entertainers???

We love BWV. If I am correct prefer view could either be view of the pool or if you're lucky, view of the Boardwalk. To be sure, you should call DVC and ask for the Boardwalk view. We've stayed at Boardwalk with prefer ( pool), prefer (Boardwalk) and standard view. I love the Boardwalk view because at night, we can "hang" out on our balcony and see all the people and entertainers on the boardwalk, and even see some of the fireworks from Epcot.

Preferred pool/garden view and Preferred boardwalk view are separate booking categories. Your reservation will indicate which. You can waitlist if the one you want is not available.

What do you mean by entertainers???

There are jugglers, magicians, a bicycle riding piano man. I love the carnival atmosphere of the boardwalk at night.

I belive our reservation is for the pool view. I'm not sure. I have not recieved my confirmation in the mail yet, I did get a reservation# from MS.
I don't mind a view of the pool area. even one of the quiet pool would be nice

There are jugglers, magicians, a bicycle riding piano man. I love the carnival atmosphere of the boardwalk at night.

Wow that sounds awesome!!

Is that every night??

Can you see fireworks from the balconies or is that only if you have a boardwalk view??

You the see the fireworks from the balcony of your room if you have a boardwalk view. You are staying in the villas, not the Disney Inn. If you want pictures of the room, you can go to allearsnet.com, and click on the accomodation icon. About the entertainers, they are out on the boardwalk everynight from about 7:30pm till about 10 pm. There are jugglers, magicians, musicians...etc... As mentioned before it is only a 5 minute walk to Epcot and about a 15 min boat ride to MGM studios. Just a suggestion, bring or buy additional laundry detergent and fabric softner....boardwalk only supply you with enough for one wash and dry cycle.

Have a great time. Going in 13 days to BWV, standard view.

Some of the standard view rooms have views of the higher fireworks, but some of the rooms also have trees that block the views. We've been in a few studios at the right time to go out and enjoy some fireworks...this cannot be thought of as a given, but something small and special.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. As someone who has grown to appreciate the BWV...the VWL is my first love:love: the others are all a second in my book, I think you'll have a great time. We really enjoy the sandwiches that the Boardwalk Bakery sells, and the fruit/yogurt platter. We've yet to try the Flying Fish. I'm one who has gotten to the Screen Porch in sunshine only to come out 5 minutes later to be soaked in a quick shower, but that hasn't diminished my desire to stay at BWV with friends/family. Next year's all family vacation will be at VB and BWV to celebrate our 40th Anniversary!:love: I think our DGC will be ready for the clown slide and to enjoy some Boardwalk activities.

PPS. Also, the Christmas decorations last year were awesome!

Thanks for starting this thread! We are new BWV members traveling home for the first time in December. Can't wait! I hope you have a great time!

My favorite part about BWV is the walk to/from MGM and Epcot, as well as the location around the water, so it is an easy walk to Y&BC and Swan/Dolphin. Additionally, I came to love Jellyrolls (the dueling piano bar) during my college program days and have to go every trip. Buying at BWV was a no brainer for us. DH and I agreed hands-down it was our top choice.

I also think BW has a great general store and other fun shops.

We own at BWV. The one thing we like is the boats that take you to Epcot and MGM. No waiting for a bus. The bus ride back from DTD is horrible. Be prepared to ride the bus for well over an hour. It stops at all five resorts and we were last each time.

Being able to walk around on the boardwalk is great. At night is beautiful. Lots of little things to do on the Boardwalk.

Me and DH are staying at Boardwalk Villas beginning of Sept, Its our first visit as DVC members!!!

We used our developer points for this visit!!

Got a 1 bedroom, preferred view (not sure what that means)

Tell me all about the resort!!!

What will we love and what should we do? see??

Hi Kim

We bought into BWV back in 99. I'm taking my bother down late Nov early Dec. I put a page on my website with BWV info and video that you may find informative. You can find the page here... http://toltec.no-ip.biz/Andy/x-mas.html

BW is amazing......
we've been going there for years, & are still as enthralled with it as the first time we went :love:

there is sooooooo much to do, & all "at your fingertips":
BW street performers, arcade games, hair braiding, etc
jellyrolls/atlantic dance hall/big river tables on the BW
EPCOT/MGM ~ walk or ferry
BC/YC & swan/dolphin if in the mood to check out other resorts
quiet walks (the gazebo is sooo pretty at night)
community hall, arcade & fitness centers (downstairs, no trudging far)
DELICIOUS bakery items

and the absolutely, hands down best view (BW view) in all of WDW ~ i get all dreamy-eyed just thinking of it.......:cloud9:

even the ferry ride to the parks is great (look for mike, the "bird man")

the bad?
some ppl find the hallways "too long". personally, we've found the walks to the outside no longer than any other resort (excluding the resorts built in complexes, e.g., OKW ~ which we absolutely do NOT care for, & SSR, which is beautiful, IMHO). and we tend to laugh, skip, enjoy our discussions on the way to start our day (or night ;) ).

scary clown pool doesn't faze us....if we actually use a pool, we prefer the quietness of the "quiet" pool :)

the only thing remotely negative to us would be that we norm have to wait longer for our room to be ready at the BWV vs other resorts. then again, any & all waits would definately worth it for BWV :love:
hth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter