Boardwalk Owners And Lovers Thread!!!!!!

:woohoo: We loved it so much that we added-on there! I cant wait to take our first trip home next Easter 08!!!!!!:woohoo:

We've bought our first contract of 150 points at BWV in 1998 and then added another 100 points in 2002 ... and I still could use more points:lmao:

We absolutely feel like it is our "home." We love the location, the ability to walk to MGM or Epcot when we are feeling ambitious as well as the ability to grab a boat on those days when we are feeling lazy.

Our first night traditions include getting wings and a chicken caesar salad from ESPN and eating it while people watching from our villa.

We usually stay in a 1 bedroom BoardWalk view on the the fifth floor ... luckily we usually get one of the rooms under the "Crest O Wave" sign. It's our favorite location as we love to watch IllumiNations and Wishes from our balconies.

While it is a little further we tend to use the quiet pool now that DD is a teenager. She just :love: Community Hall ... has since she was 6 years old.

DH and I are taking a short trip to SSR in 20 days ... will be interested to see how it stacks up against the BWV!

Can someone tell me more about Community Hall. What is there and what activities are offered?

Can someone tell me more about Community Hall. What is there and what activities are offered?

Community Hall is where you can rent bikes, pick up movies to watch in your room, hang out and watch TV, play video games (I can't remember which ones but they are a couple of games like those you would find at an arcade), play ping pong and where activities and crafts are held.

Activities have include making your a photo frame and the Unbirthday Party ... there is a listing everyday on the White Board outside Community Hall.

We added on 120 points at BWV this past few weeks and will be there for a few days after our Disney cruise this spring. Got a Boardwalk View!

we've been BWV owners for about a year and a half now and have already come to absolutely love the resort...here's why...

1. LOCATION - ability to walk to Epcot and MGM is priceless
2. STD View Rooms - save those points!
3. Resort Theming - love the lobby, love the boardwalk, love the lake
4. Boardwalk Bakery - cheesecake brownies...need i say more?
5. ESPN Club - what can i say? i'm a wing guy...
6. Beaches 'n Cream - i know...i know...that's at BCV - but it's only a short walk/boat ride from BWV!!!
7. Friendship Boat Rides - very relaxing...
8. Did I mention location?

Here's something I've always wondered and forget to ask when I'm there: There appear to be rooms that face the courtyard area, over the top of Wyland Galleries and part of the Screen Door. Are those std view rooms or BW view rooms? Does anyone happen to know? I'm staying in a std view room for the first time this Oct. and will really miss getting to sit out on my balcony and watch the entertainers and crowds down below.

we've been BWV owners for about a year and a half now and have already come to absolutely love the resort...here's why...

1. LOCATION - ability to walk to Epcot and MGM is priceless
2. STD View Rooms - save those points!
3. Resort Theming - love the lobby, love the boardwalk, love the lake
4. Boardwalk Bakery - cheesecake brownies...need i say more?
5. ESPN Club - what can i say? i'm a wing guy...
6. Beaches 'n Cream - i know...i know...that's at BCV - but it's only a short walk/boat ride from BWV!!!
7. Friendship Boat Rides - very relaxing...
8. Did I mention location?

#4---> did you say Cheesecake Brownie? I have no idea what that is but I now know what the first thing I am doing when we get there!!!! :banana:

In addition to what my neighbors have stated regarding the wondrous benefits of staying at the Boardwalk, I’ll add that with all the resorts in the area, the dining options in the vicinity are a great benefit
Boardwalk
Flying Fish
Spoodles
Boardwalk Bakery
ESPN Club
Big River Grill

Beach and Yacht Clubs
Beaches and Cream
Cape May Café
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Yacht Club Galley

Dolphin/Swan
Bluezoo
Fountain
Fresh
Garden Grill
Shula’s Steak house
New Italian place opening up next year.

I probably missed a couple, but with a short walk, the World Showcase establishments can be accessed too.

So I guess it is a good thing we have the long walk ways to burn off some of the calories from these places! ;)

Peace

Here's something I've always wondered and forget to ask when I'm there: There appear to be rooms that face the courtyard area, over the top of Wyland Galleries and part of the Screen Door. Are those std view rooms or BW view rooms? Does anyone happen to know? I'm staying in a std view room for the first time this Oct. and will really miss getting to sit out on my balcony and watch the entertainers and crowds down below.

I stayed in one of those rooms when we had a preferred view booked. I think the lawn area that you face is called The Village Green.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I stayed in one of those rooms when we had a preferred view booked. I think the lawn area that you face is called The Village Green.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Ah, OK. I thought the Village Green is that area on the canal side that was leveled and made in to a croquet lawn (or whatever it is) when the DVC Sales Office was closed.

Thanks!

even the ferry ride to the parks is great (look for mike, the "bird man")

Is he the one who feeds the ducks or is that someone else? We call the boat driver with a pocket of bread for the ducks "Captain Bread." :) Don't know what his real name is.

We own at BWV. The one thing we like is the boats that take you to Epcot and MGM. No waiting for a bus. The bus ride back from DTD is horrible. Be prepared to ride the bus for well over an hour. It stops at all five resorts and we were last each time.

Being able to walk around on the boardwalk is great. At night is beautiful. Lots of little things to do on the Boardwalk.

We like the boat ride too.... easy, relaxing... quick. otherwise, we're just walking to Epcot... easy, relaxing... quick.

I'm so glad I found this thread, we are going to be staying in Boardwalk Villa's in August and I am always looking to read any reviews, and it sounds like everyone LOVES to stay here! We are so excited, entire family is going, we are renting 2BR Villa - 19 Days & Counting!!! Tell me more! :love:

I'm so glad I found this thread, we are going to be staying in Boardwalk Villa's in August and I am always looking to read any reviews, and it sounds like everyone LOVES to stay here! We are so excited, entire family is going, we are renting 2BR Villa - 19 Days & Counting!!! Tell me more! :love:

We love when we can bring our extended family (parents, brothers and spouses and children) with us to the BWV. We usually get a 2-bdr villa for us (DH, DD who is 14.5 and me) and have may parents stay in the studio portion of the 2 bdr. room. It is so nice to stay together and to be able to close the door between the living room and studio when needed. We especially enjoy the 3 balconies:banana:

We ususally but the rest of the group in studios and we all gather at the 2 bdr. villa for dinner one or two nights. It also serves as home base for everyone.

You will have a great time!

You could never leave the area and have a fantastic vacation. Actually I think I"ve done that!

Whether it's going into the Screen door grabbing (paying :rotfl: you know what I mean) an airport bottle of rum and a bottle of coke and sitting out/hanging out on the BW....

OR

Being so close to TNT sports coverage at ESPN. Yes. No TNT on regular TV at WDW. Playoff time there is no better place to be than ESPN.....

OR

Heading over to BC and lazing on their beach (Hey!!! Don't worry I'm not breaking into the heavily guarded SAB)......

OR

Boy! What a toss up at the Bakery. Brownie or that value of a fruit plate. That lovely fruit plate. It's only a few dollars and apparently, although it's huge, is a snack on the DDP......

OR

Using your deep DVC discount at FRESH for breakfast . 20%....great restaurant at whatever the monstrosity is on the right.....Swan? Dolphin? For the life of me I can't keep them straight. You think the huge concrete statues on the roofs would help me....

OR

Tossing the football....soccer on the huge front lawn at BWV...

OR

Sitting on your standard balcony thinking, "how could this be a standard room?" Some fireworks, peaceful, sometimes even a bridge and pond view.....

And so many more....

Love it!

Have a great vacation OP. I used to think I would never ever be organized or able to use the 7-11 month window at any DVC resort. And therefore, for us, it was irrelevant where we bought. One stay at BWV completely changed my mind on how I plan vacations. It's home.

Thanks for all the ideas!! This is exactly why I picked the Boardwalk, because we are taking my Grandson who will be celebrating his 2nd B-day while we are there and wanted to make sure we were staying somewhere that there was enough to do in case we had a tough time w/him at the parks, sounds PERFECT! Does anyone know about the spa there? I am planning a "Spa day" for the girls (myself, daughter & future daughter in law) Also, I know Jellyrolls is an adult club, but can you bring children or are they totally not allowed? Sounds great, I am getting so excited.
:dance3: :rockband: :dancer: party:

Does anyone know about the spa there? I am planning a "Spa day" for the girls (myself, daughter & future daughter in law)

You can get massages at Muscles and Bustles, but it's not a true spa. For that, you might want to go over to Saratoga Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter