Boardwalk Owners And Lovers Thread!!!!!!

I'm so excited, 33 more days untill Boardwalk Villas!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Today I booked at tour at Epcot, Behind the Seeds,
I think the best part of staying at the Boardwalk will be the distance to Epcot!!

I'm so excited, 33 more days untill Boardwalk Villas!!!
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Today I booked at tour at Epcot, Behind the Seeds,
I think the best part of staying at the Boardwalk will be the distance to Epcot!!

We enjoyed the Behind the Seeds tour, and yes, it's great to have it within walking distance. Another Epcot tour that we walked to was the snorkeling at the Living Seas, but you had to walk to the main entrance for that one, it would have been easier to take a bus!

Bobbi

Is he the one who feeds the ducks or is that someone else? We call the boat driver with a pocket of bread for the ducks "Captain Bread." :) Don't know what his real name is.

I just love this fella!
bwbirdcpt.jpg

coopsduck.jpg

17 Days!! Can't stop reading this board- Anyone just get back from Disney, I'm wondering how the crowds are? I know the "free Dininig" deal starts the last day of our vacation, so I'm wondering if it may be less crowded the week we are going, what's your opinion?

Just got back from our First Trip as DVC members, we stayed at the Boardwalk and LOVED IT!!!
I need points here!!!:cool1:
The location was amazing! ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!!

We had a one bedroom for the two of us and it was amazing!!!

Can't wait to go back..

We went to check out the room models at SSR, they are so nice.
We Ate at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jiko and where blown away by the resort (very happy we own there)
and we swam at SSR and loved the pool! (From the ones we saw it was my favorite pool)

Here are some pictures I took of our room, room view,
we had a ground floor room at the quiet pool area.

View from our room
ROOMVIEW6.jpg

ROOMVIEW.jpg

our room area from the pool area
ROOMVIEW8.jpg

Our patio
ROOMVIEW3.jpg

View from in our room
ROOMVIEW14.jpg

ROOMVIEW13.jpg

and here are a couple of the pool area, We had so much fun, The clown is a little creeepy but we had a blast!!!

pool4.jpg

pool3.jpg

Thanks for the pics Disney Kim. We leave in 6 days for 3 days at VWL and 7 days at the BWV. We own at the VWL and it's our favorite DVC but after staying at the BWV in June '06 there's definitely an add-on there in the future.

Glad you had such a great time.

Thanks for the thread and pics Disney Kim! :thumbsup2 This is exactly what I was looking for.

We just booked 3 nights the end of March @ BWV in a 2BR with MIL and SFIL (their first trip with us to DVC and our first @ BWV).
And to think I was worried :surfweb: Again thanks for helping me put my worries at ease. :yay:

Great pics. We are going home in 3 weeks to run in the Race for the Taste and to enjoy our first F&W.

CPpug: pug:

Thank you so much for this thread. We are new owners and have our first trip home in 58 days!:cool1: I am so excited!!! We have a 1 bdr Preffered view booked. If I want an upper floor when should I request it? Will we have any chance of seeing fireworks with this view. We were waitlisted for any view and this is what we got.

Thanks!!

Your only hope of a fireworks view would be if you get a room on the Village Green, which is the area over the Wyland Gallery. I am not even sure if there are 1 bedrooms there, but probably so. You could call MS and request that now and ask again at checkin. Fireworks views are mostly standard view rooms overlooking the entrance driveway and BW view rooms. There are very nice preferred view rooms. Here was our pool view room a few years ago:
Luna.jpg

We had a preferred view, It was the only "view type" available when we booked.
I had requested a room away from the elevators because I thought maybe it would be noisey and I would rather take stairs anyways- which turned out great becuase we were right near the stairwell that led right out to the walkway to either the boardwalk or MGM.
I also requested a garden view - because we didn't really want a view of the Main pool. (Or Swan or Dalphin, I know it a matter of opinion but I kinda think they look out of place or something)
I think I would request a view of the quiet pool again, It was so nice, and never too busy.

I just can't get over the location of the resort, Just amazing being able to walk to both MGM and Epcot

this is a picture I took on the walkway to MGM Studios oneday

PATHTOMGM.jpg

As you can tell from my upcoming trips (in my signature), BWV is a definite favorite "home" of ours! :goodvibes

I'll just add one extra tip re: transportation. When returning by bus from any of the parks or DTD, if you want to minimize bus time, get off at the Swan and walk over the bridge to the BW. You then can walk through the back and enter the resort through the Muscles and Bustles area. :thumbsup2

BTW, this also works if you've just missed the launch to MGM (or whatever it's now called :laughing: ). You'll get to the Swolphin boat dock before the launch makes it over from the BC/YC! :)

As you can tell from my upcoming trips (in my signature), BWV is a definite favorite "home" of ours! :goodvibes

I'll just add one extra tip re: transportation. When returning by bus from any of the parks or DTD, if you want to minimize bus time, get off at the Swan and walk over the bridge to the BW. You then can walk through the back and enter the resort through the Muscles and Bustles area. :thumbsup2

BTW, this also works if you've just missed the launch to MGM (or whatever it's now called :laughing: ). You'll get to the Swolphin boat dock before the launch makes it over from the BC/YC! :)

I agree completely although we mostly walk to MGM.

Here's something I've always wondered and forget to ask when I'm there: There appear to be rooms that face the courtyard area, over the top of Wyland Galleries and part of the Screen Door. Are those std view rooms or BW view rooms? Does anyone happen to know? I'm staying in a std view room for the first time this Oct. and will really miss getting to sit out on my balcony and watch the entertainers and crowds down below.

That was one of my favorite villa spots. I have actually had the exact same studio villa twice now. One door down from the elevators, overlooking the Village Green. Great views of IllumiNations as well as Wishes off to the left in the distance. Those villas are considered preferred view..but you get a nice view of the boardwalk as well.

Is he the one who feeds the ducks or is that someone else? We call the boat driver with a pocket of bread for the ducks "Captain Bread." :) Don't know what his real name is.

That boat pilot is actually in our trip scrapbook!! Wonder how many others he is in. He was so much fun.

As for which villas can see the fireworks from IllumiNations...I have gotten great views with my boardwalk view villas so far...one over the basketball toss game and the other about 3 doors down from the Attic, over JellyRolls..talk about a long walk!! But they both had terrific views of Spaceship Earth as well as the higher up fireworks each night.

Thanks for the pics. The one of the walkway to MGM made me feel like I was there. I'm so close to being there, I can smell it. 3 days!!:cool1: :cool1:

Wow, I just found this thread. We have been BWV owners since 2002 and we leave 1 month from today for trip # 6 to the BWV. Seeing this pictures just made me really antsy, I want to go NOW! The location can't be beat, we truly feel home there. Nothing more wonderful than the early morning walk to MGM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter