Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

Just a quick observation from last nights stay. The fridge was wobbling so my son in law levelled it out. The brace on the floor for the master bedrooms sliding door broke off, two electrical outlets in the master bedrooms washroom vanity didn’t work, a door under the kitchen sink would not open and the utensil door in the kitchen cupboard will not open because the dishwasher handle is in the way. You have to open the dishwasher door to open the utensil door. Clearly the contractors rushed to meet deadlines, which is not unusual

Just a quick observation from last nights stay. The fridge was wobbling so my son in law levelled it out. The brace on the floor for the master bedrooms sliding door broke off, two electrical outlets in the master bedrooms washroom vanity didn’t work, a door under the kitchen sink would not open and the utensil door in the kitchen cupboard will not open because the dishwasher handle is in the way. You have to open the dishwasher door to open the utensil door. Clearly the contractors rushed to meet deadlines, which is not unusual
Make surebto report all the off things and such you find. The front desk needs to know so they can be fixed. Great being in a new room...except you are the guinea pigs.

I'm curious to look on a BRV resort map to see the room types of the refurbished units that are about to be made available and their views. Does anyone know the refurbished room #s?

It never looked trapped in 1995. I’m really hating all this “make everything white and light” that’s not the theme of Wilderness Lodge. I like the dark colors that it originally had. Now it just looks like a Courtyard by Marriott.
It absolutely didn’t look like the Old Faithful Inn either (which is what the lodge is modeled after).

Room

Old Faithful Inn standard guest room,

My problem is that 6 months ago, everyone said the rooms were gaudy and outdated, and that the colors were loud and dated (ESPECIALLY the red and green tiles in the kitchen backsplash and showers). There’s no chance of winning with this crowd, so I’d prefer more subtlety, and a color palette that is more accurate to the original.

1670815271383.jpeg

1670815314852.jpeg

It absolutely didn’t look like the Old Faithful Inn either (which is what the lodge is modeled after).

Room

My problem is that 6 months ago, everyone said the rooms were gaudy and outdated, and that the colors were loud and dated (ESPECIALLY the red and green tiles in the kitchen backsplash and showers). There’s no chance of winning with this crowd, so I’d prefer more subtlety, and a color palette that is more accurate to the original.

View attachment 724499

View attachment 724504

lol - that's cherry picking the room type to back your argument. Here's a room in the original section of the Inn.

RMOIOB.jpg

lol - that's cherry picking the room type to back your argument. Here's a room in the original section of the Inn.

RMOIOB.jpg
No, I’m fully aware that there are far more rustic rooms at the Inn, including the Old House, which is VERY rustic. My point is that the original lodge, one on the National Historic Register, that WL is based on, is fully comfortable with their newer and/or refurbished guest rooms having lighter color palettes, without the burden of being dark and “original”. And that’s in the original historic hotel, not the Disney knock-off.

Curiously, no one seems the slightest bit phased that the Grand Floridian, an almost identical exterior knock-off of the Hotel Del Coronado, bears zero resemblance or historical accuracy once inside. The Disney version looks like a wedding cake barfed on the walls, while the original has interiors so dark with natural woods that you’d think IT was the inspiration for the Grand Cal or WL.

Those mattresses do look comfy though.

Last edited:

Room

View attachment 724499

View attachment 724504
I absolutely never complained about the “gaudy” colors, I loved them! So much so that those came colors are all over my own home. The dark green and burgundy were perfect. I’ve never stayed at Old Faithful but I have stayed at historic National Park lodges and they will keep the rustic log cabin theme but obviously it’s too much work for Disney.

During the condo meeting last week, a member stood up and complained about the decor changes made during the 2016 BoardWalk renovation. Below are photos from 2014, which the commenter referred to as "charming."

At that moment, I realized that there will never be universal agreement about the quality of any updates.

Screenshot 2022-12-12 at 9.23.41 AM.png

During the condo meeting last week, a member stood up and complained about the decor changes made during the 2016 BoardWalk renovation. Below are photos from 2014, which the commenter referred to as "charming."

At that moment, I realized that there will never be universal agreement about the quality of any updates.

View attachment 724602
I'm glad I missed that version of BW

View attachment 724602
Nostalgia is looking back with glasses the color of those walls.

Someone was asking about which rooms were completed. I think it is all the rooms, all floors, except the long long wing of BR, and 1/2 the rooms overlooking the rotunda. Hope that makes sense. (We were just there 2 weeks ago)

View attachment 724602
Whoa! I'm a BWV owner and I am very glad we have moved on from these rooms. I can't wait to see what the new rooms will look like at our home away from home.

We were in 4534 - 1Br last week - it and the rest of the rooms in that side of the hall were not done - but the rooms across the hallway were

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter