Bridgerton Season Two

I couldn't get in to the 1st season but I didn't love the book, either.

The 2nd book is much better than the 1st.

I watched the red carpet special last night and I'm hopeful.

I prefer the books. It's nice when the Regency romances/historicals are actually funny - like Jane Austen can be laugh out loud funny. Julia Quinn hits the mark there for me. Mary Balogh, Grace Burroughs, etc. can be too serious sometimes. For a brief moment, Eloisa James can be funny like that, and then she gets so dark... so Julia Quinn has to be my favorite modern writer. I can't wait for Miss Butterworth and the Mad Baron to come out.

Anyway, back to the show. It's not exactly the best, but I do love to see my favorite books get adapted. I think some of the casting was a little off, like I wasn't feeling Phoebe at all. But Violet, Penelope, Portia feel spot on. Oh, and the plot lines that diverged from the books felt a little flat to me too.

So, I'll probably sign up for Netflix again on Friday and then promptly cancel it within the next month or two.

I will! I absolutely LOVE regency era stuff, and what they did with the music by taking current songs and making them into Classical is the best thing that's ever happened to me! lol

I see what they did, they did this to coincide with their rate hike LOL
I guess I'll give it one more month to binge this

The problems I have are one
Queen Charlotte being black, this is based on a possibility that 15 generations back she had a solo black ancester. i looked at at that distance back her percentage odblack ancestry would be about 0.006%. I have 0.9% Ashkenazi Jewish doesn’t make me Jewish.
second she tried to marry Daphne to her nephew and stopped the special license until they begged to be allowed to marry would never have happened she didn’t have any power to do that.
three sorry mixed race relationships where not allowed the only known case she was treated like a housekeeper and when her husband died she was expelled from the family not politically correct but you can’t diversify the past there where about 20000 Black people in mostly servant or merchant positions
four the pregnant unmarried girl rejecting the brothers offer to marry wouldnt have happened best hope the family hid her and the baby ended up in a foundling hospital worse case ended on the streets baby the same
five the stupid powderedcwigs had been taxed so much about a decade earlier they disappeared
latly the dresses they wore fell from the bust who is stupid enough to tighten their waist in a corset(that didn’t exist anyway) when no one would notice and I saw in the trailer a baby being held at what looks like a ball that would never happen neither would Daphnes soblongs being at her presentation to the queen as with downtown abbey the girl and one relative won’t none of the family went
i know its fun to be fair and diverse but the age wasn’t diverse especially at court

I haven't read the books but did enjoy season one. I'm going to give season two a try, but I'm worried that the main character change will throw me.

The problems I have are one
Queen Charlotte being black, this is based on a possibility that 15 generations back she had a solo black ancester. i looked at at that distance back her percentage odblack ancestry would be about 0.006%. I have 0.9% Ashkenazi Jewish doesn’t make me Jewish.
second she tried to marry Daphne to her nephew and stopped the special license until they begged to be allowed to marry would never have happened she didn’t have any power to do that.
three sorry mixed race relationships where not allowed the only known case she was treated like a housekeeper and when her husband died she was expelled from the family not politically correct but you can’t diversify the past there where about 20000 Black people in mostly servant or merchant positions
four the pregnant unmarried girl rejecting the brothers offer to marry wouldnt have happened best hope the family hid her and the baby ended up in a foundling hospital worse case ended on the streets baby the same
five the stupid powderedcwigs had been taxed so much about a decade earlier they disappeared
latly the dresses they wore fell from the bust who is stupid enough to tighten their waist in a corset(that didn’t exist anyway) when no one would notice and I saw in the trailer a baby being held at what looks like a ball that would never happen neither would Daphnes soblongs being at her presentation to the queen as with downtown abbey the girl and one relative won’t none of the family went
i know its fun to be fair and diverse but the age wasn’t diverse especially at court

Did they make an issue about the race of the Duke/Queen/Lady D <3 in the show? I think that the characters being black doesn't have any relevance to the plot. Viewers aren't supposed to be focusing on their skin color :/

Speculation on the real Queen Charlotte is speculation that has been around long before Bridgerton (Queen Charlotte wasn't even a character in the books) This article is from 2017, before Bridgerton was even filmed.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-queen-charlotte-180967373/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter